Dukes of Hazzard 08/05/2005 08:01 PM CDT
well, heres to praying they didnt butcher the original to bad with this movie. This one I gotta see opening day. The next one Im gonna have to see on opening day, King Kong. but the dukes hold a special place fer me. especially Daisy and her Daisy Dukes ::drool:: not many women can say they have a type of clothing named after themselves.

The only 3 things that really concern me about the Dukes movie...

1. Burt Reynolds as Boss Hogg. Its just hard to immagine that.
2. Sean William Scott playing Bo. Sean was good in American Pie as Steve Stiffler so Im a bit leary about this part for him.
3. Whoever it is theyve gotten to play Roscoe P. Coletrain, its hard to imagine some like him playing that part.

other comments...Willie Nelson looks decent for Uncle Jessie, not sure of the Enis character, Jessica Simpson I reserve the right hold judgement on her til Ive seen her in a role like this.

I guess Im praying it isnt dumbed down and turned into a bad comedy.

Robert in Seattle

Sok da Dwarven Horse Rustler Wannabe

Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you...Gentlemen. I am Pain.
Pinhead-Hellraiser: Bloodlines
Re: Dukes of Hazzard 08/06/2005 12:41 AM CDT
>I guess Im praying it isnt dumbed down and turned into a bad comedy.

>Jessica Simpson

Your prayers will not be answered! :P
Re: Dukes of Hazzard 08/06/2005 12:55 AM CDT
well, they should have found someone else to play Daisy and Enis. I did get a kick out of the actors of Broken Lizard making an appearance (Super Troopers) I LOVED the "do you know how fast you were going" scene. there were definatly some scenes that I think shouldnt have made it in, but even with what I didnt like, I did enjoy the movie. Its definatly worth seeing on the big screen. ESPECIALLY for the end bloopers.

Robert

Re: Dukes of Hazzard 08/06/2005 02:57 AM CDT
<<I guess Im praying it isnt dumbed down and turned into a bad comedy.

Jessica Simpson>>

Obviously you have not be subjected to the horrible music video and song by Miss Simpson which is airing on MTV. Or at least, the one MTV left that is actually playing music videos. (It exists, I swear! Prolonged viewing of this channel, however, will sear your eyeballs from their sockets.) It is because of this music video that I already hate the movie and want nothing to do with it. Granted, there was not much I wanted to do with it in the first place.

-Fillia

"I want to see what your insides look like
I bet you're not so pretty on the inside."
Re: Dukes of Hazzard 08/06/2005 01:01 PM CDT
Nancy Sinatra's groovy Women's Lib song has been turned into... crap. It's sad. =/
Re: Dukes of Hazzard 08/06/2005 02:02 PM CDT
I stopped watching the music channels when there was still only MTV. no VH1 oe BET or MTV2 or whatever its called. As for the video/song, newp never heard it. I listen to country music.

Robert

Re: Dukes of Hazzard 08/06/2005 03:18 PM CDT
The original guy who played Cooter (Ben Jones) is really pissed off at how much of a hack this movie is, compared to the original.

http://www.cootersplace.com
Re: Dukes of Hazzard 08/06/2005 03:36 PM CDT
Just goes to show things get worse as time goes by.

Look at cars for example...

Before cars where made out of metal, and there is still some "old" ones with all original parts.

Nowa days I'm lucky to make a car last 5 years without breaking down. Not to mention if you run a new car into an old car. The old car will be just fine and the new one will be totaled.

~Rolach

Navak waves his inflated eel skin around and makes kissy faces at you! Sheesh!

Navak waves his inflated eel skin around and giggles oddly.
Navak says, "Teehee"
You smirk.
Re: Dukes of Hazzard 08/06/2005 03:39 PM CDT
>>Just goes to show things get worse as time goes by.

>>Look at cars for example...

Just depends who you are. People can afford to buy cars every 5 years now, so if you make the car break down every 5 years... Car companies don't think new cars are bad at all.

-Wighten
Re: Dukes of Hazzard 08/06/2005 04:40 PM CDT
How was Johnny Knoxville in this movie? He's the only reason I'd go see it. ;)

-Pythea-

A farmer frantically runs in and cries out, "Steve! There you are!" He quickly grabs the turkey, tips his hat and runs off.
Re: Dukes of Hazzard 08/06/2005 05:17 PM CDT
>Nancy Sinatra's groovy Women's Lib song has been turned into... crap. It's sad. =/

LOL I ALMOST mentioned that in my initial post about how bad of a movie it could be with someone that could butcher a classic so badly.
Re: Dukes of Hazzard 08/06/2005 06:15 PM CDT
>Just depends who you are.

From the point of view of a single mother with 5 kids all screaming in the back seat wile a drunk driver is swerving in from the on coming lane in front of her.

Thats, possibly, killing 6 future costimers. If people would think farther ahead then getting to the bank to make a deposit....

Also NASA....the shuttles....take the time to do it right or don't do it at all...

~Rolach

Navak says, "Teehee"
You smirk.
Re: Dukes of Hazzard 08/06/2005 06:48 PM CDT
>>Also NASA....the shuttles....take the time to do it right or don't do it at all...

Put in your application, I'm sure they're starting interviews soon.

-Wighten
Re: Dukes of Hazzard 08/06/2005 07:00 PM CDT
>Put in your application, I'm sure they're starting interviews soon.

Heh people with all the layoffs. The problem isn't with the little people putting the thing together, it's the bosses and supervisors I'm sure.

The people saying

Boss, "Let move! come on we got a deadline! We have to start the walk in 30 minutes people!"

The little guys,"But sir the shuttle is missing the whole front section"

Boss, "I don't care! The deadline is in 25 minutes, we launch on time! just put some heavy duty straps in there to strap down the 6 lives we're gonna shoot out into that airless void at a million miles an hour!"

~Rolach

Navak says, "Teehee"
You smirk.
Re: Dukes of Hazzard 08/06/2005 07:02 PM CDT
My point was that if you think you can do better than those rocket scientists, why don't you take over for 'em.

-Wighten
Re: Dukes of Hazzard 08/06/2005 07:05 PM CDT
It's not "doing better" thats the problem, it's then taking thier time and checking everything and when they are done checking everything then the check it again.

~Rolach

Navak says, "Teehee"
You smirk.
Re: Dukes of Hazzard 08/06/2005 08:29 PM CDT
Either way, people are prone to mistakes.

I've checked and re-checked and re-checked essay's or tests I've turned in for college and I still tend to oversee an error or ten. It happens.

"We flew fighter jets through school zones while they were keeping busy throwing bullets into homes in the name of methamphetamine."