Thievery help 06/26/2014 04:45 AM CDT

Hi Folks

My character is fairly new to the shadows and has around 98 ranks in Thievery. I am finding more and more difficult to get ranks in this skill. I have a train by going to every shop I can in Riverhaven and stealing two of every item. This is around 5 shops I think. My skill gets to around Ruminating and drains very quickly. Is there any way to lock this skill ? What is the timer on shop stealing ? How often can I go back to a shop and steal ? Should I run from Haven to the small towns on the way to the Crossing and steal there as well ? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Urakhai
Re: Thievery help 06/26/2014 04:53 AM CDT
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Stealing_List

I think that list is fairly up to date. As you gain ranks, you need to change what you steal. Appraisal and weight determine the challenge and thus the experience you gain.
Re: Thievery help 06/26/2014 04:56 AM CDT
The shop timer for risk reset is one hour I believe.
Re: Thievery help 06/26/2014 07:24 AM CDT
Find a bigger shop selection. I'd recommend Crossing. I think there are significantly more than 5 shops in Haven though. Check some maps on the wiki. You can steal from a ton of places. If the lifts are easy, you can do 4 without real risk.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Thievery help 06/27/2014 06:53 AM CDT

All good advice thanks Folks.

Re-looked at my choices of goods from our friendly merchants. Realised I was underselling Uraks skills. He now seeks more a better class of free goods :)

Cheers All - everything is moving along much better now due to the sage advice.