Stealing - ranks vs cost! 07/19/2011 06:19 PM CDT
I've been on this kick for Sniping Bonus weapons recently - I've purchased my Hunters SB and also got my hands on a Fade SB - but I'm also interested in training LX!

Well - I don't really want to use a craptastic LX - so I looked around and found the Hunter's crossbow (http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Weapon:Hunter%27s_crossbow_with_a_pearl-inlaid_stock)

Now, just looking at the price and weight, I knew there was no way I would be able to grab it with 250 ranks and 49 Agi. It's got a 103730 Dok price tag. I did ask around to people with higher stealing then myself and someone made the comment that it would take 2000 ranks to steal that crossbow. I for some reason feel that information is a bit off.

Anyone with logs of stealing it mind giving their input - also their ranks, stats, and any cookies used? Thanks for your help guys. Also willing to pay a couple plat if someone can snatch it for me, or a better one if they have information on a better one.
Re: Stealing - ranks vs cost! 07/19/2011 06:26 PM CDT
Given the triviality estimate formula, and the fact that I usually target items that are trivial at 2-3 times my current stealing, I'd estimate somewhere in the range of 1000 to 1500 ranks to pull it off.

Also note that success is based on weight + cost of the item, and that item weighs in at 75 stones. Quite a bit.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Re: Stealing - ranks vs cost! 07/19/2011 06:33 PM CDT
As an aside regarding LX training. Don't bother with anything other than a 8/9 crossbow (Forester's).

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Re: Stealing - ranks vs cost! 07/19/2011 06:37 PM CDT
I think I might be lucky enough to have one of those on my barbarian - I just need to reactivate him to find out - but if I don't something is better than nothing, so I might end up just using some garbage regular ole LX

Thanks for the info.
Re: Stealing - ranks vs cost! 07/19/2011 06:58 PM CDT
>>I think I might be lucky enough to have one of those on my barbarian - I just need to reactivate him to find out - but if I don't something is better than nothing, so I might end up just using some garbage regular ole LX

FYI, they're sold in the Trader shop, and almost always available at the Trader Markets.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Re: Stealing - ranks vs cost! 07/19/2011 07:33 PM CDT
Maybe I was thinking about the 7/8 foresters...the ones that are stupid valuable.
Re: Stealing - ranks vs cost! 07/20/2011 07:56 AM CDT
IIRC, and I could be completely off base here, but there are sniper versions of the Fade weapons that are LX/HX that can be found pretty easily if you're looking in the right places. I think they might be a bit slower than the 7/8 forresters that you're looking for, but they're alot easier to obtain and much easier on the ole bank accounts. If you're looking for one and want to see appraisals, find Osus, in game. He'll gladly sell you any/all fade weapons he has, thief or not. *maniacal grin*

-O
Re: Stealing - ranks vs cost! 07/20/2011 09:39 AM CDT
fyi fade LX is reduced load (8/9) + gets snipe bonus

balance/suitedness not amazing though. not bad though.