Museum 12/13/2009 08:09 PM CST
I did a run with some people a long while back, which included 20 circles and quite a large number of ranks.

Any chance someone can point me towards a web page with information on stealing from the museum, or maybe lemme know what kinda skill I'm looking at to be reliable in there.
Re: Museum 12/14/2009 02:34 AM CST
http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/Museum_of_Imperial_History
Re: Museum 12/15/2009 08:02 PM CST
Thank you for that information. I knew I had seen that page someplace, but it was a long time ago. I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit more info on everything. Suggested ranks to be able to steal for a while, expected results. Maybe even some personal testimony about quality of stealing at certain rank ranges...

Any extra help would be great!
Re: Museum 02/12/2010 01:12 PM CST
>>Thank you for that information. I knew I had seen that page someplace, but it was a long time ago. I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit more info on everything. Suggested ranks to be able to steal for a while, expected results. Maybe even some personal testimony about quality of stealing at certain rank ranges...

Looking @ the elanthipedia website, you can sort the items via difficulty, where 1 appears to be the easiest, up to 11.

How do I discriminate what the levels actually are? I have never been inside the museum, proper, will mark help me out in here?
Re: Museum 02/13/2010 04:28 AM CST
>>Thank you for that information. I knew I had seen that page someplace, but it was a long time ago. I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit more info on everything. Suggested ranks to be able to steal for a while, expected results. Maybe even some personal testimony about quality of stealing at certain rank ranges...

It's been a while since I tried stealing in there with low stealing ranks, but I wouldn't go in there with under 100 ranks. As a second point of a reference, I have issues with stealing the steel-plated ironwood crossbow with a sculpted dragon-head cranequin (level 10 difficulty) with 500 ranks. It's doable sometimes. So maybe try to up your difficulty every 50 ranks?

As for quality, I'm not quite sure what you mean. I really don't learn a ton of stealing during my runs. I normally can make 11 gweth stone grabs every hour, which gets my thief up to about concentrating. It's not a ton, but I'm stealing something useful and something relatively easy. If you're wanting to go for some of the harder items, they'll drain your stealing pool almost completely while teaching you very little (maybe 1 mind state). On top of that, most cases are emptied after you steal the item, forcing you t wait until the following night for them to be refilled.

>>How do I discriminate what the levels actually are? I have never been inside the museum, proper, will mark help me out in here?

Mark is definitely your friend; though it works a little differently than the pilfering system. Just try using MARK on it's own in a room.

As for the difficulty numbers posted on Elanthipedia, I don't think they exactly match up with the messaging you receive with mark. Though I do think what's posted is accurate from my experience. At some point everything "hard" appraises as beyond your abilities even though your character actually has the skill to steal some of them. Trial and error is sometimes your best resource.

Nikpack

The gods are jerks. No, really.
-Armifer

I don't think we ever take the training wheels off as players or gamemasters.
-Inauri
Re: Museum 02/13/2010 04:31 AM CST
Oh PS, does anyone know if you need a LAD anymore to disarm the cases? I haven't used one since the box changes. I'm pretty sure they help, but am unsure if you have to have one.

Nikpack

-Armifer

-Inauri
Re: Museum 02/13/2010 11:13 AM CST
Answers:
Stealing is not the only factor..there's agility and there's a bit of randomness thrown in...I've been getting dragon hx's since 250 in stealing.
And even at my current stealing level, I can fail at grabbing items in there.. sometimes they are just stubborn..

Mark is useful in the museum (or was).. not useful towards item difficulty really.. the marks I have now will be the same as someone with 100 ranks in stealing. I don't even think the messaging has been fixed to tell if the cases are actually open or not..

As far as cases, it's never been truly necessary to use LAD's to open the cases. I hadn't done that since around 200 in disarm/locks. The LAD's did give a little boost.. and might still.. but not necessary.

Now, if you're just going there to train up stealing, hiding, stalking, etc.. then you're really just going to go for gweth stones, chains, gems, fragments, etc.. little items.. They'll teach the best since you can do many grabs. If you go for the big items, you won't get much exp and have less grabs.

>stop j'loing up the thread

>~Arwinia
Re: Museum 02/13/2010 12:05 PM CST
<<Stealing is not the only factor..there's agility and there's a bit of randomness thrown in...I've been getting dragon hx's since 250 in stealing.
And even at my current stealing level, I can fail at grabbing items in there.. sometimes they are just stubborn..

I swear with 60 agility and 550 stealing, Pheer has issues with nabbing the HX. I think he's cursed or something. :p

As for the LADs, I was wondering if you even need a LAD regardless of ranks. I thought that was changed with new boxes.

Nikpack

-Armifer

-Inauri
Re: Museum 02/13/2010 03:45 PM CST
>I've been getting dragon hx's since 250 in stealing.

Really? I've done nothing but fail at 330 stealing and 74 base agility.
Re: Museum 02/15/2010 08:28 PM CST
Nikpack: Nope.. don't need an LAD... last messaging I recall did not have any messaging about them..

JMF90: Really... I first got it at 250 with about 70 agility... Make sure it's the first item you go for at the night.. and make sure you're boosted and have top confidence... sometimes it takes up to 4 or 5 tries.
(a cj can help out too. lol)

>stop j'loing up the thread

>~Arwinia
Re: Museum 02/16/2010 04:57 AM CST
Thanks Sothios, I thought that was the case (you don't need a LAD), but I wanted to confirm before I go mucking with the elanthipedia article.

Nikpack

-Armifer

-Inauri