Fed Up! 08/08/2005 01:43 AM CDT
I'm throwin down the gauntlet. I am gonna start stealing again. I know I said I wouldn't train it for a year to some of you, but forget it. I am tired of seeing these traders running around with thier damned criminal titles. Do them in! Shut em Down.

~Blood Wraith Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.

"Even In Your Darkest, Most Hellish Nightmares You Are Safe. But In Reality, Night Always Falls, And There In The Shadows, I Wait."
Re: Fed Up! 08/08/2005 02:17 AM CDT
just keep in mind that at least one of the "criminal" titles <Fence> is also available as a "money" title.

And seriously, why should it bother you what titles other people wear?

As long as they've earned 'em, why not?

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Fed Up! 08/08/2005 02:33 AM CDT
Its when I see them wearing thieves guild rings, and trying to hide the fact they are traders in town... then 5 minutes later see them leading a mule. Don't even bother to hide it. So, they want to play criminal, I say we show them criminal.

~Blood Wraith Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.

"Even In Your Darkest, Most Hellish Nightmares You Are Safe. But In Reality, Night Always Falls, And There In The Shadows, I Wait."
Re: Fed Up! 08/08/2005 03:32 AM CDT
I agree. Lets all band together and rob the traders blind! Down with traders! We need to threaten and harass their guild into paying a bribe to prevent us from messing with them!
Re: Fed Up! 08/08/2005 07:07 AM CDT
have you seen some of the prices that traders charge for their stuff? they ARE criminals!

~Bre

"Have you ever felt like the world was a tuxedo, and you were a pair of brown shoes?"
Re: Fed Up! 08/08/2005 07:12 AM CDT
Well, basically a Thief and a Trader have the same sort of GOAL in mind, they just use different tactics.

Thief: Doesn't tell you he's taking your money, it just leaves like it's a naturally occurring thing.

Trader: Robs you in the open, and leaves you with an item you're always wondering if it was worth the price you paid for it. And then the value of said item usually drops, and you can't sell it in the future.

You*'*re taking a big risk.
Re: Fed Up! 08/08/2005 08:31 AM CDT
no, for a thief its stealing.

for a trader its called mark up.

:-)

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Fed Up! 08/08/2005 09:16 AM CDT
>I agree. Lets all band together and rob the traders blind! Down with traders!

I never thought of this. Can the GMs make this happen soon?
Re: Fed Up! 08/08/2005 09:18 AM CDT
>have you seen some of the prices that traders charge for their stuff? they ARE criminals!

Bre, for the win.
Re: Fed Up! 08/08/2005 09:27 AM CDT
>>I agree. Lets all band together and rob the traders blind! Down with traders!

>I never thought of this. Can the GMs make this happen soon?

Why need a GM? Just get a group together at some key points along the trade route. When I trader shows up everyone stalk them and each thief steal once or twice. Thats 5-10 grabs from a group of 5 thieves. Once everyone makes thier grabs they regroup at the spot.

~Rolach

Navak waves his inflated eel skin around and makes kissy faces at you! Sheesh!

Navak waves his inflated eel skin around and giggles oddly.
Navak says, "Teehee"
You smirk.
Re: Fed Up! 08/08/2005 09:28 AM CDT
sigh

you obviously forgot to put

/sarcasm

at the end of your post

-Wighten
Re: Fed Up! 08/08/2005 11:00 AM CDT
>-Wighten

Thats twice the mentor-wannabe has completely missed it.
Re: Fed Up! 08/08/2005 11:02 AM CDT
>Just get a group together at some key points along the trade route. When I trader shows up everyone stalk them and each thief steal once or twice. Thats 5-10 grabs from a group of 5 thieves. Once everyone makes thier grabs they regroup at the spot.

I am totally rolling up a new thief. You guys are so helpful! Wheres the guild?
Re: Fed Up! 08/08/2005 11:17 AM CDT
If you cannot find the guild on your own, you do NOT deserve to be a thief :) At least not in my eyes. Its NOT hard. Look around. SEARCH around everywhere where u think it could be :) Use your imagination :) Read EVERYTHING. Look at EVERYTHING. Thats the #1 way to find stuff. Thats all I am tellin you. I even found the river with NO help :) Its all doable. I also know ALL locations in Riverhaven :)
Re: Fed Up! 08/08/2005 11:57 AM CDT
Damn, if I could evade bolts the way some people evade sarcasm, I'd never have to find a cleric and empath again.

~Bre

"Have you ever felt like the world was a tuxedo, and you were a pair of brown shoes?"
Re: Fed Up! 08/08/2005 12:04 PM CDT
<<I am totally rolling up a new thief. You guys are so helpful! Wheres the guild? >>

Type DIR TRADER in game.

:-)

Re: Fed Up! 08/08/2005 12:56 PM CDT
>If you cannot find the guild on your own, you do NOT deserve to be a thief :)

And 2.

>Damn, if I could evade bolts the way some people evade sarcasm

Should I try for 3?

>Type DIR TRADER in game.

>DIR TRADER
I don't know the way from here to the Crossing Trader Guild.

I won't post the room description. :P
Re: Fed Up! 08/08/2005 01:41 PM CDT
>>Praxis' posts

Go away! Stop proving my guild is stupid!

-Wighten
Re: Fed Up! 08/08/2005 02:56 PM CDT
heh this has gotten pretty funny.

~Rolach

Navak waves his inflated eel skin around and makes kissy faces at you! Sheesh!

Navak waves his inflated eel skin around and giggles oddly.
Navak says, "Teehee"
You smirk.