Timer on Shops... 07/04/2005 12:37 AM CDT
Hey,

In my pursuit of making stealing one of my higher skills rather then 8th survival, goal is to keep it locked or close too as much as possible. What is the timer between times you can steal from a shop owner...or the length it takes for a shop owner to forget or not suspect anything suspicious going on per say...

"In a universe that defies description, all systems of belief can only be false." -Austin Ausman Spare

Zhin is In!
Re: Timer on Shops... 07/04/2005 12:43 AM CDT
think it's around 5 minutes.

~Rolach

You hear Wartalbal yell, "Chain Lightning!"
There is a blazing flash of green lightning from the south.
You hear Wartalbal yell, "ouch"
* Wartalbal was just struck down!
You belt out, "AHAHAHAHA"
Re: Timer on Shops... 07/04/2005 03:35 AM CDT
Not sure what the exact time is, but I pretty much my scripts set to about 9 minutes between shops. Best thing to do is to run like a foraging script/mech/app script. Its what I do. And it works for me so far.

~Dalkin~

If its got two legs and you hear a thud...don't panic...I just killed another one.

>>>>Agonar, apparently taking an uncharacteristic trip to the north, strolls by, winks at Marlena, giggles oddly to himself, and continues his journey onward.
Re: Timer on Shops... 07/04/2005 03:37 AM CDT
Well it seems 5 minutes is right, I go 6 to be safe. Typically do Mech, appraisal and Perception while I wait...but may take out appraisal 'n do Climbin...

Thanks for the info guys!

"In a universe that defies description, all systems of belief can only be false." -Austin Ausman Spare

Zhin is In!
Re: Timer on Shops... 07/04/2005 11:43 AM CDT
I got a question too, 'sort of' about shops. Im tryin to steal a etrana flower for something, and the passerby ran off twice. Hmph! anyways is there a minimum req for getting this thing? and how long should I wait before tryin again? also will I now be wanted in shard? how long does that take to go away?
Re: Timer on Shops... 07/04/2005 01:01 PM CDT
same awnser as your other post...

~Rolach

You hear Wartalbal yell, "Chain Lightning!"
There is a blazing flash of green lightning from the south.
You hear Wartalbal yell, "ouch"
* Wartalbal was just struck down!
You belt out, "AHAHAHAHA"
Re: Timer on Shops... 07/04/2005 02:02 PM CDT
To find out if you are wanted:

In riverhaven: there is this in the jail house.
<< You also see a clean gauze covered board and a wooden counter with some stuff on it.>>
Same place has a desk on which you will have your stuff in a sack if you are jailed.

In crossing: there is a wanted board in Town Green North. For crossing you need to go to the guardhouse if you are arrested to get your gear back. It will be in a sack on the desk in there.

In shard: there is this in the tower in the center of town .<go arch, go entr, go corridor>

<<A glass display case holds the names of the criminals foolish enough to have attracted the attention of the elite watchmen of the city>>

If you "read case" you will see those who are wanted. If your name isn't up there, guess you ain't wanted.

:-)

da godfather.

<cause godmother just sounds wierd since Cinderella>

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Timer on Shops... 07/04/2005 05:22 PM CDT
Does being wanted affect confidence/rep?

If one's confidence/rep takes a hit due to getting caught a few times, and then we do things to up them both; does then getting arrested drop it back down?
Re: Timer on Shops... 07/04/2005 05:37 PM CDT
<<Does being wanted affect confidence/rep?>>

From what Risek said, if your rep is good, and you're wanted it will drift towards neutral.

-Jeresis
Re: Timer on Shops... 07/04/2005 10:25 PM CDT
Being wanted just affects your reputation. Confidence is based on success/failure of training a select few skills of which I don't remember.

Dodjer celebrating the 4th by studying for a final