Shopped? 06/29/2005 12:07 PM CDT
I thought if you stole from a certain someone in Crossing and you got caught you had a couple seconds to get up off yer arse (after the initial RT of attempting) to get out, move and hide.

I was stealing from said person and failed, but I immediately got arrested by the guards and carted off (I wasn't wanted for anything previously). There were no guards in the room when I made the attempt.

Is that normal?

~Kesrel
Re: Shopped? 06/29/2005 01:43 PM CDT
You ARE a thief, right?

The mind behind Jostak

unlock man
You need a key for that.
remove key
You take off a gleaming animite key.
unlock manacles with key
You need a key for that.
You pout.
Re: Shopped? 06/29/2005 03:38 PM CDT
My thief is a thief, yes. I just choose not to sign my posts here with that name.

~Kesrel
Re: Shopped? 06/29/2005 04:44 PM CDT
>My thief is a thief, yes. I just choose not to sign my posts here with that name

I think he asked because non-thives get thrown in jail. But if yours is a thief and you are stealing from one of the ones that let you run then that is very wierd....maybe something to do with the new title system?

~Rolach

You hear Wartalbal yell, "Chain Lightning!"
There is a blazing flash of green lightning from the south.
You hear Wartalbal yell, "ouch"
* Wartalbal was just struck down!
You belt out, "AHAHAHAHA"
Re: Shopped? 06/29/2005 04:47 PM CDT
I'll hit our guy in haven and see if the title thing makes him act any differently, I've been REALLY enjoying getting to sport Rogue on my thief.

-Seraphael, player of

"We have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."
- Tombstone epitaph of two amateur astronomers
Re: Shopped? 06/29/2005 11:26 PM CDT
or a guard walked into the room at just the right time.

~Deuce~

~Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.

"Even In Your Darkest, Most Hellish Nightmares You Are Safe. But In Reality, Night Always Falls, And There In The Shadows, I Wait."
Re: Shopped? 07/02/2005 02:20 PM CDT
>> or a guard walked into the room at just the right time.

I checked for that. There was no "A town guard walks in" messaging.

:(

~Kesrel

The reason why the sun never sets on the British Empire is because God doesn't trust the British in the dark.
Re: Shopped? 07/02/2005 04:31 PM CDT
This happen a bunch of times? You didn't already have a warrant out did ya?

Or maybe you didn't hide/leave for long enough or something like that?

Just throwing out ideas you probably already checked.

~Grinstall
Re: Shopped? 07/02/2005 09:15 PM CDT
if you are on the scene of a crime and the passerby runs off you will get arrested. I suggest getting up faster.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Shopped? 07/06/2005 08:39 AM CDT
Yamcer, there was no passerby.

There was no guard, and none entered.

A failed attempt gives 10 seconds RT. It had BARELY got to 9 seconds before I got hauled off.

I am fully aware how the system is supposed to work. I'd never have brought this to the boards if I'd done something as silly as just lay there.

~Kesrel

The reason why the sun never sets on the British Empire is because God doesn't trust the British in the dark.
Re: Shopped? 07/06/2005 12:41 PM CDT
>>A failed attempt gives 10 seconds RT

There's your problem. This comes up occasionally in shops as well. You can fail badly enough to get huge roundtimes, so that when the system checks to see if you're still in the room, it then hauls you off. It's just one of those things that can happen. The fails will get lower with more skill.

-Wighten
Re: Shopped? 07/07/2005 01:44 AM CDT
Actually the typical round time when beginning or at low ranks is 10 seconds of RT when the Beggar catches you. But you should have had enough time to jump up when the timer ran out, hide, and wait an additional 10 - 15 secs before the coast was clear....I have no idea why you got hauled off before the timer was done....odd. Unless like others said there was a guard in the room and you were already wanted. When I stole from the Beggar and got caught with a guard in the room, they still didn't lynch me unless I stayed in the open for too long...............

"In a universe that defies description, all systems of belief can only be false." -Austin Ausman Spare

Zhin is In!
Re: Shopped? 07/07/2005 01:50 AM CDT
Unless stealing is on a timer. Same as teaching, or experience or something. Every 30 seconds, it pulses to check if you're in the room. In which case, you're hauled off. Would be the same pulse that the passerby runs.

-Wighten

P.S. pure speculation, but would make sense