stealing problems 06/12/2004 02:08 PM CDT
ok, i use to beabele to steal from the shops in crossings with no problems at all.. but i got cought twice. Now i cant steal anything i get cought ever time, some of the simplest things i get busted.. i turned my self in and so forth still dont work... i use my khris'es to help still nothing. do i need to take some things off, like boots rings and so forth, i'm not wearing any mask or gloves.. do i need to take my leathers off.. also how do i check my rep or bouns in crossings.. if you could answer these questions it would be great thanks..
Re: stealing problems 06/29/2004 10:54 PM CDT
<<do i need to take my leathers off>>

I would highly suggest taking off all armor. I take off everything that isn't necessary while still maintaining a sense of realism for my character. That means I don't steal naked but basic clothes and a backpack for loot is all i take.

<<Now i cant steal anything i get cought ever time, some of the simplest things i get busted>>

Put items in the bin by the guildleader. That should help it improve.

<<i turned my self in and so forth still dont work>>

If you get caught a bunch of times I would recommed turning yourself in in addition to binning everything. Rep will only go up on it's own if yer not wanted.

<<also how do i check my rep or bouns in crossings.. >>

I'm not sure if anyone considers this a secret or not... Anyway if ya haven't figured it out yet, feel free to IM me at Grinstall1 so I can handle it in private and don't have 300 people staring at everything I say. I'll probably treat it as a secret unless someone tells me it's not, but i can give some hints.

~Grinstall

Re: stealing problems 06/29/2004 11:48 PM CDT
>><<Now i cant steal anything i get cought ever time, some of the simplest things i get busted>>

>>Put items in the bin by the guildleader. That should help it improve.

This will help but there is a thing called snake-eyes out right now...every so often you will get cought...good news is this is going away.

~Apprentice to Damaris
Re: stealing problems 06/30/2004 09:29 AM CDT
<<This will help but there is a thing called snake-eyes out right now...every so often you will get cought...good news is this is going away.>>

Very true. Getting caught every time though can be prevented as long as yer not trying to steal a house with 20 stealing.

~Grinstall

Re: stealing problems 07/02/2004 07:25 PM CDT
<<Very true. Getting caught every time though can be prevented as long as yer not trying to steal a house with 20 stealing.>>

what what, you can steal a house? can you guys tell me a list of big things you can steal.. say like can you steal a Horse, House and so forth..

thanks
Re: stealing problems 07/02/2004 07:29 PM CDT
Someone stole the beggar once...does that count?

I was taking a walk in the park when this post said I stole its purse. I tried to get away, but it just kept on coming. So I had to beat it to death with this purse I found.
-MOD-ILEDEMUS

Re: stealing problems 07/02/2004 10:01 PM CDT
I stole the table once from the guild on the plat side...::snickers::...and the road sign outside the NE gate...and the bucket from outside the NE gate...things didn't use to be very well nailed down on the plat side..I almost made a killing holding them things for ransom!! Till the GM's decided they were bugs...and made me give them back..::sighs::

~Dalkin~

If its got two legs and you hear a thud...don't panic...I just killed another one.

>>>>Agonar, apparently taking an uncharacteristic trip to the north, strolls by, winks at Marlena, giggles oddly to himself, and continues his journey onward.
Re: stealing problems 07/03/2004 10:41 AM CDT
<<what what, you can steal a house? can you guys tell me a list of big things you can steal.. say like can you steal a Horse, House and so forth..>>

Sadly, no, we can't steal anything quite that big yet. Horse theft might come in... I'm not sure how you would steal a house though.

~Grinstall

Re: stealing problems 07/03/2004 12:47 PM CDT
Squatting doesn't count?

Rogue Ranger Rociel, rudely raising ruckuses 'rywhere.
Re: stealing problems 07/03/2004 01:06 PM CDT
>>I stole the table once from the guild on the plat side...::snickers::...and the road sign outside the NE gate...and the bucket from outside the NE gate...things didn't use to be very well nailed down on the plat side..I almost made a killing holding them things for ransom!! Till the GM's decided they were bugs...and made me give them back..::sighs::<<

That's always fun. A Paladin "stole" the gondola to Shard and put it in his backpack once. I remember a Thief carrying the Trader Guild ledger into the Thief Guild one day.

Unfortunately, yeah, those are bugs. And usually fixed as soon as we find them for obvious (and some not so obvious) reasons.

GameMaster Risek
Thief Development Assistant
What you think is real is your reality. - Robert Kiyosaki
Re: stealing problems 07/03/2004 01:55 PM CDT
>>A Paladin "stole" the gondola to Shard and put it in his backpack once.<<

That must've been a massive soul hit.

"Your stabbings have become slightly less imminent."
[ Black Mage ]
Re: stealing problems 07/03/2004 06:57 PM CDT
that or a massive crick in the back...::furrows his brow::

~Dalkin~

If its got two legs and you hear a thud...don't panic...I just killed another one.

>>>>Agonar, apparently taking an uncharacteristic trip to the north, strolls by, winks at Marlena, giggles oddly to himself, and continues his journey onward.
Re: stealing problems 07/03/2004 07:37 PM CDT
<<Squatting doesn't count?>>

You make a good point. Although the guilded thief way seems to be more stealthy. Ya see we would have to lift the house off it's foundations and pray for a bug that lets us slip it in our backpack.

~Grinstall