Pawning prizes 08/27/2003 08:55 PM CDT
Can anyone give me a few examples of good pawning items for a lower level shoplifter, right now my fines are obliterating me. I have about 66 ranks and I am in the Crossing for the time being, any help would be greatly appreciated by my accountant.

Hreal's playa
Re: Pawning prizes 08/27/2003 09:00 PM CDT
realistically, don't expect to make a whole lot pawning stuff til after you hit 250-300 stealing.

~Weak of arm,lousy roars;
terrible aim, awful health;
broken fingers, no real stealth;
leave em dead,cause you cant do more;
lost your coins,on the floor;
greetings! now you're out the door~
>
Re: Pawning prizes 08/27/2003 10:13 PM CDT
Come on schvartz, dont scare him. I made good money with 130+ in stealing, you just have to know what to steal and where to sell. Now of course my idea of good money is 10-15 plat, and thats with a full backpack, but I still got it in just 2 days...

Act like someone is watching....they probably are.
Re: Pawning prizes 08/28/2003 01:13 AM CDT
>Come on schvartz, dont scare him. I made good money with 130+ in stealing, you just have to know what to steal and where to sell. Now of course my idea of good money is 10-15 plat, and thats with a full backpack, but I still got it in just 2 days...

I think gonif is probably right - but at the very least he shouldn't expect anyone to tell him on the boards what good pawning items are. Once they do, everyone will start stealing it and it won't be a good pawning item anymore.

The best thing to do is find everything you are able to steal in a particular town, then try pawning each (in multiple towns) and seeing if any are worth your time.

Apu
Re: Pawning prizes 08/28/2003 02:25 AM CDT
I make around 10 platinums when I actually get my lazy butt up to my favorite stealing ground and fill up my rucksack, and I'm not that skilled in stealing either. You just need to know what to steal and where to sell it.

~Fillia, Master of the Cupcake

"...People played games in MUDS; they made up characters for themselves and pretended. Little kids did it, and lonely people." -Idoru
Re: Pawning prizes 08/28/2003 01:43 PM CDT
>Hreal's Post

I know how ya feeld Hreal been there...heh still am (not a thief, an assassin) What I did when crossings fines got to high I ether A) Went hunting and saved up enough for the fines for awile B) Moved to another town and stole from their untill the "heat" from the first town wore off (about a RL month I think)

I think what they getting at is steal you items in crossing and Pawn them someplace else...though I have never tryed it myself.

~A voice from the shadows

You have no chance at hiding from a ship's rat.
Fear the rat!
Re: Pawning prizes 08/28/2003 05:19 PM CDT
I'm up to 76 stealing. Haven been shop stealing since 45.
Don't mind sharing somet things that I've never been able to pawn.

45: envelopes, oil (not water), carved picks, iris's
55: lockpicks, pants
64: daggers, armor gloves

Fines do suck. with my 76 in stealing I can steal items that pawn for 5 silver+. But I do move town to town. If I kill a bonus somewhere, I'm in another city stealing.