Stealing doesn't need to be re-written? 02/25/2003 10:08 PM CST
Preface:
I have not been on a stealing run in about 1.5-2 months. The last place I stole from was in crossing. This occured on Ratha.
Agil: 22+
Ref: 22+
Steal: 120+
Inv Arm: You are wearing some form-fitting fox fur leathers
app leath: But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently unhindered
Encumbrance: None

The Problem:
(Just wanted to get 1 for my bucket.....why pay 10 lirums, right..........?)

steal water
Moving stealthily, you manage to grab some water right from underneath the herbalist Ktrini's very nose.
(Roundtime: 3 seconds.)
The herbalist Ktrini points to where you lie concealed and begins to shout loudly for help.
You come out of hiding.
ask ktz about water

Ktzini grumbles at you, then flips through the catalog. "Most reactions require some form of liquid, usually water. It's listed on page 1 of our catalog. If you want it, it'll cost you 10 lirums."

What I have to say:
Blah! I know about snake eyes, but that stinks. I beleive the above speaks for itself.
At least I got it......

I am not sure why I am posting it. I have nothing clever to say or any real suggestions, but I just need to exprees my frustration.

Water............?
Water.....................?

Zippy, A Rakash
Re: Stealing doesn't need to be re-written? 02/26/2003 12:54 AM CST
Having the same problems. I understand getting cought is always a risk but damn in the crossing area I get cought in 1 in 20 grabs. Really makes me angry.

Reke
Re: Stealing doesn't need to be re-written? 02/26/2003 04:14 AM CST
just to let you all know this you will get caught anywhere from 1 in 20 to 1 in 45 that is my longest streak without a catch and it was just because i dont pawn. everything i steal goes to the bin.

now i can say the more you put in the bin the higher amout of times you can grab before those eyes get to you.

after i get about 20 items in that bin i can bet i wont get caught till i hit at least tthe 30 mark after that it is all guess work

Aj
"Deadly force is that force which a person uses with the purpose of causing or which he/she should know would cause a substancial risk of death or suriuos bodily harm"
Re: Stealing doesn't need to be re-written? 02/26/2003 12:00 PM CST
I made 112 plat lirums in ratha all from pawning, still going strong.
Re: Stealing doesn't need to be re-written? 02/26/2003 06:31 PM CST
>>I made 112 plat lirums in ratha all from pawning, still going strong. <<

In the past 5 months (3 weeks being "vacationing" on Aesry and not Stealing a thing):

I've made an excess of 1500 plat dokoras from pawning.
I've gained over 120 ranks in Stealing.
I've learned you can gain experience easily (if you work at it) with anywhere under 50 ranks, or anywhere 180 to well over 300 ranks. I have not tested the ranks in between recently.

I've set a few goals for myself. 400 ranks by SimuCon. 500 ranks before 2004. I think its acheivable. I had 190 ranks on October and have 310 now.

All of these facts do not matter. Does Stealing need to be rewritten? Yes it does.

Magic worked 2 years ago? Did it need to be rewritten? Yes, it did, and it was. Stealth systems worked 2 years ago, did they need to be rewritten? Yes, they did, and they are being worked on and finished at this moment. Stealing needs to be rewritten because it lacks consistency, just as Magic and Stealth did.

Tam
-There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Re: Stealing doesn't need to be re-written? 02/27/2003 07:47 AM CST
Tam, find me in game, or email me at my playnet address and let me know when yer around, I would love to listen to your views on successful stealing. I thought the 100 plat lirums I made was good, would like to learn from you. Thanks

Act like someone is watching....they probably are
Re: Stealing doesn't need to be re-written? 02/27/2003 10:02 AM CST
>> Tam, find me in game, or email me at my playnet address and let me know when yer around, I would love to listen to your views on successful stealing. I thought the 100 plat lirums I made was good, would like to learn from you. Thanks

He got 120 ranks of that from stealing womens' hearts. He's really not a good thief, in the conventional sense...He's just a smoothie with the girls.
Re: Stealing doesn't need to be re-written? 02/27/2003 12:06 PM CST
I got alot of my ranks from that too.....still only earned 100 plats ::snicker::

Act like someone is watching....they probably are
Re: Stealing doesn't need to be re-written? 02/27/2003 06:28 PM CST
>>I would love to listen to your views on successful stealing.<<

Steal things worth pawning. Steal often. Try not to get caught. Rinse and repeat.

It would take me too much effort to find ya. I'm usually in Shard, you can find me in the pawnshop. Alot.

>>He got 120 ranks of that from stealing womens' hearts.<<

Only 120?

>>He's really not a good thief, in the conventional sense...<<

<mental note: steal all those diamonds Addle gets>

>>He's just a smoothie with the girls. <<

At least he got part of the post right.

Tam
-There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Re: Stealing doesn't need to be re-written? 03/01/2003 12:33 AM CST
What were you doing to work stilling at 50 ranks?

Da Not So Madd Webba
Re: Stealing doesn't need to be re-written? 03/01/2003 11:26 AM CST
talk to the blind guy

Aj
"Deadly force is that force which a person uses with the purpose of causing or which he/she should know would cause a substancial risk of death or suriuos bodily harm"
Re: Stealing doesn't need to be re-written? 03/01/2003 03:18 PM CST
>>What were you doing to work stilling at 50 ranks?<<

Both the haven with 5 or 6 people and with the beggar moved my stealing quite quickly at that range.

Tam
Re: Stealing doesn't need to be re-written? 03/01/2003 05:10 PM CST
...There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hah, such a great quote.
Re: Stealing doesn't need to be re-written? 03/29/2003 10:20 PM CST

What were you doing to work stilling at 50 ranks?

Da Not So Madd Webba

23 agility
first and second cookies

i started makin grabs on gweth stones at 55 stealing...5 ranks in 2 irl days..and the fun of dodging guards is well worth it to sit around and work mech in the daylight hours.
just gotta go in when someone older has done the hard work (yes that sounds bad but if ya got 50 stealin or so chances are you arent gonna have around 180 locks/disarm)