idea for the thief shop 10/21/2007 09:30 PM CDT
we have dirt bags that you load a bunch of dirt in, push it and get one 'load' of it.
Can we have something similar for poisions???

put a 20 count poison in a vial, push the vial and get 1 dose in hand.
Or even something that would apply 1 dose at a time to your weapon of choice? (rub vial on blade)
Re: idea for the thief shop 10/21/2007 11:30 PM CDT
What about a blade with a place to put a vial (or built in vial) in the pommel, then releases the poison onto the blade itself (think blood groove in the blade, with poison sliding down it)?

As you consider an attempt to stalk the Empath Fraethis, you believe it's blind as a bat. Go for it.
Re: idea for the thief shop 10/22/2007 08:08 AM CDT
that would be a good idea, a poision dagger. The only thing I saw with it would be what about the arrow/bolt users?
Re: idea for the thief shop 10/22/2007 11:33 PM CDT
I actually thought up a whole elaborate design to do something like this IE old barb can forge a blade of your choice to do this but you gotta "quest" for the supplies, IE a mold for the blade, special metals...instructions ect. Also the blade would have little needles in it to poison the wielder every once in awhile (to keep it in the right hands and obtained past the right level). Turn the pummel to remove it and pour the poison in, push the blade to release the poison.
Re: idea for the thief shop 10/23/2007 10:00 AM CDT
What id like to see is a poison sheath that you fill with poison, then slip your weapon into and the sheath would apply the poison. This would allow us to sell our poisons to non-thieves as well as use it as our own implement of murder. It could also be expanded to include a special quiver or some such thing for ranged weapons.

Shosuro..
Re: idea for the thief shop 10/23/2007 12:36 PM CDT
Correct me if I'm wrong, but non-thieves can already use poison.

~Rafland
Re: idea for the thief shop 10/23/2007 04:14 PM CDT
>Correct me if I'm wrong, but non-thieves can already use poison.

Theoretically, yes. Applying the poison is very difficult.
Re: idea for the thief shop 10/23/2007 11:23 PM CDT
Sounds like bead-carving.

-- Holy Scholar Diarik Erasto, Arcane Researcher, in search of spiritweaving.
http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Diarik
http://tinyurl.com/3ch2oz (Spiritweaving)

Holiness of soul lies within integrity of spirit. - Book of Eluned, Magica Bona
Re: idea for the thief shop 10/24/2007 02:33 PM CDT
I like the idea of the reloading poison dagger.... to make it more thiefly you could apply the poison in hiding. I hate the fact that I come out of hiding when I apply now. Does Ambika have a brother, cousin? just askin?

Halfcopper da thief

"Your just a simple toad now get used to it."
Re: idea for the thief shop 11/04/2007 11:08 AM CST
Personally, i dont like the idea of non-thieves using poison we make... just me.

I like the idea of sheath/quiver and id like to see it a thief-ONLY item. A plain or designed ARM, THIGH, BELT quiver with a special coating inside and a "sponge" at the bottom to soak up a vial or two of poison. While the arrows/bolts are in there, they "soak" up the poison and there is a fresh coat on each one.

OR perhaps just a special recepticle of some sort, call it a funky name if you like but again thief ONLY and you wear it, and fill it with poison. Then you just dab your arrow or blade into it to apply the poison.

Something similar in idea to a pool-cue chalk on a rope. You wear the item, and "chalk up your cue" before you make your shot.

Just a thought or three.

Thanks..

"Anything you want in the world can be yours.
You just need the skill to steal it, the strength to take it or the nerve to kill for it."

(Ancient Proverb)

Dusk M'row

Chosen of Damaris
Re: idea for the thief shop 11/04/2007 11:49 AM CST
>Personally, i dont like the idea of non-thieves using poison we make... just me.

This would take away a potentially good opportunity for thieve to make some extra coin, assuming poison did anything more than direct damage without awarding experience. As it stands, it's not very practical, outside of PvP.

It would be nice to have poison considered a "black market" item though, where people could get thugged for advertising it over the gweth or selling it on tables in the market.

E.

SEND[Zeyurn] Such is life.
Re: idea for the thief shop 11/04/2007 12:56 PM CST
<< This would take away a potentially good opportunity for thieve to make some extra coin, assuming poison did anything more than direct damage without awarding experience. >>

i suggested something at vegas con to Ssra that the poison can teach alchemy based on how well it was applied to the weapon, of corse you'd have to prevent the passing of poisoned weapons, like the spell mark of arhert which pulses and gives exp even when not in the same room.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: idea for the thief shop 11/26/2007 06:37 AM CST
>that would be a good idea, a poision dagger. The only thing I saw with it would be what about the arrow/bolt users?

They'll Look awful silly for not having trained LE, won't they, since arrows and bolts are likely just a little too thin to handle such a system. :P