Prev_page Previous 1
Thief Shop(s) 03/06/2007 06:15 AM CST
Has it even been considered to move the thief shop out in the open and allow anyone to enter it and buy from it even if they aren't thieves? I thought one of the main goals of the guild is its secrecy? But if a thief buys from the shop(s), including any thief only shops at festivals, if they wear anything they bought it's no different (to me) than wearing thief titles for all to see. As soon as someone sees you wearing the stuff it's pretty much assumed you are a "thief".

Thieves should get a huge discount for being a member of the guild, or at least someone that is not a thief should be over-charged.

Just a thought.
Re: Thief Shop(s) 03/06/2007 06:54 AM CST
Thief titles are no longer a problem to wear. Everyone can get a title that's thiefly.

Sothios Clan-Csencsits
Aesry Locksmith Union Representative
Re: Thief Shop(s) 03/06/2007 07:52 AM CST
Oh? If you're talking about Criminal Titles, yea:

The following titles of the Criminal category are available to you:

Pick-Snapper, Yegg, Footpad, Sticky Fingers

If we're talking about Thief Titles, I don't think so:

The following titles of the Thief category are available to you:

Initiate Thief, Maverick, Death Hand, Bonecutter, Dirty Fighter

Unless non-thieves can use the titles under the Thief Category, I say wrong. Everybody can use criminal titles, but thieves do get their own thief titles.
Re: Thief Shop(s) 03/06/2007 08:37 AM CST
For the most part Thief shop items aren't Thief only (Ambika stuff is still an exception), so it's not like you can't buy it and sell it to others for a profit or something.

It certainly won't be moving into the open.

-Z
Re: Thief Shop(s) 03/06/2007 09:32 AM CST
Speaking of the shop(s), are there plans to add new items to them in the near future?

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Re: Thief Shop(s) 03/06/2007 09:41 AM CST
Snipers Composite Bows!

Farewell, remorse: all good to me is lost; Evil, be thou my good.
~Paradise Lost (bk. IX, l. 171)
Re: Thief Shop(s) 03/06/2007 10:16 AM CST
Id like to get some of the new brawling items in there, at least (knuckle dusters, claws, arm blades, etc.)

Elusive
Re: Thief Shop(s) 03/06/2007 10:36 AM CST
How about "a sock full of coppers" for a ambush stun/brawling weapon that we could make from the socks we can already find in the treasure system. Add coppers to the sock and tie the sock and then go to town.

Blackguard Danoryiel Shadowsboon of House Shadowsboon
Re: Thief Shop(s) 03/06/2007 11:09 AM CST
ohhh homemade blackjacks ... i like that idea!

Denz

Join Dragonrealms:The Fallen
And Play DR the way it was meant to be played

Customer service should never be considered an expense, It's an investment in the future
Re: Thief Shop(s) 03/06/2007 11:16 AM CST
I really like the brawling weapon idea:) Maybe some wrist spikes, climbing claws, etc:)

How about grappling hooks and rope....for use with warhouses?:)

Re: Thief Shop(s) 03/06/2007 12:21 PM CST
>I really like the brawling weapon idea:) Maybe some wrist spikes, climbing claws, etc:)

We could really use more tools of the trade in the shop. As it stands its pretty much a place to purchase fluff items mostly, though the dirt bags do help in that area.

Elusive
Re: Thief Shop(s) 03/06/2007 08:13 PM CST
<<<We could really use more tools of the trade in the shop. As it stands its pretty much a place to purchase fluff items mostly, though the dirt bags do help in that area.>>>

The dirt bags, and the tailband, were the only things that ever really appealed to me. Yea, the beggar stuff can be a nice little costume... but most of the poison stuff is so tacky it's depressing. I'd be embarrassed to use most of that stuff.

As for selling things to non-thieves, most of the merchandise we currently have probably wouldn't appeal to them, but new items could easily fix that.

Also, I intentionally purchased cambrinth from the holiday merchant for non-Thieves once I became aware that it actually worked for magic users. (Including two MU alternates I have) My idea behind this was to make the items commonplace, so if one of the fellow guilded was going to try faking it, they wouldn't have the burden of having "that ** that only thieves faking it use"

Alley Cat

Wait, if there are actual dragons it won't be a joke anymore. Then we'll have to rename the game Necrorealms. - Zonkar
Re: Thief Shop(s) 03/07/2007 06:13 AM CST
yeah, if they would bring back some of the old stuff too would be nice. for instance, i got that barbarian wristlet and put it on my barbarian. more or less for the same reason.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Thief Shop(s) 03/07/2007 06:53 PM CST
How about just opening the new shop? I believe that particular guild leader said "soon" when we first talked to her several months ago.

~Minstrel Ascot, Song Weaver of M'riss
Re: Thief Shop(s) 03/08/2007 11:28 AM CST
<<Snipers Composite Bows!

Check the survival shop out the east gate of Shard. There's a stealthy comp bow there.

Anomen, the Elothean
Re: Thief Shop(s) 03/08/2007 12:28 PM CST
It effect the perception contest?

(drools)

Re: Thief Shop(s) 03/08/2007 01:20 PM CST
<<It effect the perception contest?

I believe it acts the same as any other hunter's weapon as far as stealth loading. There's also a Hunter's LX down there. The comp costs a few plat, 3 or 4 maybe, and the LX is somewhere between 10 and 12 (can't remember the exact prices). It's a neat little shop.

Anomen, the Elothean
Re: Thief Shop(s) 03/09/2007 08:09 PM CST
Personally id like to see more Thiefly weaponry available at the shop, perhaps set up like that shop in Leth where the stock changes every so often?

Blades, bows, daggers, armor...

Id also like to see a dyer in place there.. with an assortment of thiefly colors, dusky black <my favorite> shadowy black, dark grey, misty grey, black and grey camoflauge, etc.
Perhasp even have a few 'special' looks, shaded <color> ie a longbow shaded black/grey/red, or soot-darkened etc.

Dusk

"History is written by the victors."

"Didja see what happened to Brom?"
"Aye, he was killed to death."

Two unknown dwarves.
Re: Thief Shop(s) 03/09/2007 09:21 PM CST
Oh man, a Thief-colors dyer in one of the shops would be awesome . (If that were to happen, I swear I'd jump up and down making sounds that only dolphins can hear. I guess that shows where my priorities are, heh.)

It does make a certain amount of sense, as Thieves might need to be able to get their hands on dark colored garments for catburglary and the like. (I know making sense doesn't mean that it will happen, but it's better to make sense than not, I'd say.)

I would love just a "dark" dye color, as I don't really like the whole "all black, all the time" Thiefly fashion thing. The plain old "dark" thing is fun, because it's sort of Thiefly without committing to a specific color. Plus really old, worn out clothing is often dark without really being a particular color anymore.

Weapons and stuff would be really neat, too. I'd love to see some things in the line of some of the past festival merchants -- things that look like one thing but -are- something else. For instance, Lorz has a beveled turpeer that is worn in the hair, but is actually a light edged / light thrown weapon. It makes me happy. Clever weapons are ever so much more fun than normal ones.

-- the Player of Storyteller Lorzelophia
Re: Thief Shop(s) 03/10/2007 09:21 PM CST
We already have a Thief-only dyer. Although she's not terribly fond of blacks or dark boring colors...

Re: Thief Shop(s) 03/11/2007 08:07 AM CDT
Hmm and where would this mystery lady be?

Dusk

"History is written by the victors."

"Didja see what happened to Brom?"
"Aye, he was killed to death."

Two unknown dwarves.
Re: Thief Shop(s) 03/11/2007 08:57 AM CDT
She pops in from time to time to do work for us. She's a sweetie.

Re: Thief Shop(s) 06/17/2007 09:21 PM CDT
how do ya know we dont already have a big bonus from the shop no one else can buy from it and how can they tell yer a theif by wearin stuff from the shop.How do they know whats in the shop unless someone told somone else whats in the shop...

I think the guild needs cooler theif only things that doesnt work if a non-guild member tried to use it
there should be things to help us hide,steal,and others
Re: Thief Shop(s) 06/17/2007 09:33 PM CDT
>>there should be things to help us hide,steal,and others

The irony of this is that we generally hide and steal better when we take stuff off. But I'd be interested in boosty items...

-- Holy Scholar Diarik Erasto, Arcane Researcher, in search of spiritweaving.
http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Diarik
http://tinyurl.com/3ch2oz (Spiritweaving)

Holiness of soul lies within integrity of spirit. - Book of Eluned, Magica Bona
Re: Thief Shop(s) 06/18/2007 07:29 PM CDT
Be more specific?

~GameMaster Nhia
Weddings Team Coordinator
Elothean Champion Duo

"I was married once in an online fantasy game. We were thinking of having children, but it would have severely drained my power crystals." -- The Simpsons, comic book guy
Re: Thief Shop(s) 06/18/2007 07:49 PM CDT
Looking down the road a bit on this one. Items with false bottoms that only a thief can find and/or open. Could prove useful when we visit out local fence or pawn shop to move items from breaking and entering. Much slicker way of moving the hot goods than simply walking into a pawn shop, take out the item for all to see so you can sell it.

And another thought looking down the road with B&E, purchase a unique ring, pin, etc... something that would tip off the blokes we have planted in the spots where the traders pick up their goods to transport for sale in other locales. With a quick nod and transfer of hot B&E items the plant slips the goods between the barrels and bales that the trader is about to transport, puts a subtle mark on the wagon used to tip off our man at the sell point that there are some goods to be fenced along with the trader's bulk goods. Nice way for us to move B&E goods around to disperse the risk and increase wealth. Maybe you have to gain a certain circle or title to be able to gain the identifiable item, etc...
Re: Thief Shop(s) 06/21/2007 06:06 PM CDT
boosty items for a thiefy shop.

ring of boosty sign... lets me sign to a named thief only.

specs of boosty mark... lets me mark more than twice in a shop.

bag of boosty disguise... inside bag is some dust or fine powder of sorts, that when applied makes it harder for the guards to identify you.

helm of boosty awairness... alerts you through your thoughts to guards presence in adjoining rooms.

belt of boosty support... gives you extra long support time to kick butt with the gaurds, down with Vorclaf! rob the prince!!!

aye well there you go and ifn you ave already thought of it, heh, what'd ya expect from a thief!!!

Vashurok yer friendly fishmonger!

ps Lorz a didny mean to slap ya, honest, a slipped on a salute. :)~
Re: Thief Shop(s) 06/21/2007 08:06 PM CDT
you can mark more than twice in a shop... it depends on your skills though if you get seen.

Sothios Clan-Csencsits
Aesry Locksmith Union Representative
Re: Thief Shop(s) 06/23/2007 12:26 AM CDT
Would it be wrong of me to interpret the "powder of boosty disguise" as "I want pretty powder poof makeup"? ;D

~GameMaster Nhia
Weddings Team Coordinator
Elothean Champion Duo

"I was married once in an online fantasy game. We were thinking of having children, but it would have severely drained my power crystals." -- The Simpsons, comic book guy
Re: Thief Shop(s) 06/23/2007 12:42 AM CDT
As long as it's a disguising kind of make-up, I think that'd be accurate, actually...

-- Holy Scholar Diarik Erasto, Arcane Researcher, in search of spiritweaving.
http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Diarik
http://tinyurl.com/3ch2oz (Spiritweaving)

Holiness of soul lies within integrity of spirit. - Book of Eluned, Magica Bona
Re: Thief Shop(s) 06/23/2007 05:57 PM CDT
A dont mind what you call it, if the guards dont see me then a pretty powder poof makeup bag is for me!

~Vashoruk~ :)~
Thief Shop(s)? 08/23/2008 09:35 AM CDT
I thought there was more than one thief shop? Is the one in Crossing the only thief shop in the entire realms? If not, where else?
Re: Thief Shop(s)? 08/23/2008 09:41 AM CDT
theres one in P5.

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: Thief Shop(s)? 08/23/2008 09:50 AM CDT
If you can get in the shop at the Crossing, are you able to get in the one in p5?
Re: Thief Shop(s)? 08/23/2008 09:57 AM CDT
i think so. I've only taken my 10th thief out there to get her freebie khri. I haven't gone out there since with her, and i only took her there once, and she didn't do any shopping. I can't say for sure though, cause I was only shopping there with schvartz when the guild first opened.

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: Thief Shop(s)? 08/23/2008 10:21 AM CDT
Just be aware that there are no banks there, you can't transfer coin out there. If you intend on making any purchase, you'll be holding all your coins so if you can get a price list of the stuff there first and then only take what you need. You shouldn't have any problems with people stealing from you but there's always that risk, and I don't think you can steal in the shop but don't quote me on it.
Re: Thief Shop(s)? 08/23/2008 10:43 PM CDT
I already found a listing of the wares.
Re: Thief Shop(s)? 08/25/2008 05:06 PM CDT
<<You shouldn't have any problems with people stealing from you but there's always that risk>>
Makes my Paladins day a little brighter that you guys fear your own brethren. :)

Ackfer - Halfling in a Can, No Fillers Here!
Re: Thief Shop(s)? 08/25/2008 07:17 PM CDT
<<Makes my Paladins day a little brighter that you guys fear your own brethren. :) >>

heh, part of the reason i trained my thief's stealing so high is so I wouldn't have to.

Re: Thief Shop(s)? 08/26/2008 03:19 PM CDT
heh.. doesn't work when some of us keeping working to get higher than you.

report: not sure if this is a problem.. but there are two sentinel Kristef's on the streets.

SEND[Abasha] That's not Kristef, that's his evil twin, um... Kristeff. Anyway thanks for the heads up!
Prev_page Previous 1