Guild leader lore 01/04/2018 08:37 PM CST
Javac/Armifer asked about the GLs in another thread, and I thought I'd spin out another one here, because it's Thursday night and I don't have anything better to do.

The questions asked were two fold:

1) Does the tree that the guild leader teaches reflect said GL somehow?

2) Has anyone ever actually had lore regarding the GLs and how they act? Aside from Kalag the sly/black, I don't think I've read anything, interacted with, or otherwise seen any actual personification of any of the GLs.
Re: Guild leader lore 01/05/2018 10:07 AM CST
>>1) Does the tree that the guild leader teaches reflect said GL somehow?

I think originally when our Khri were static (you got X Khri at Y Level) the ones taught did reflect the personality of the guild leaders. The trees make it a little less personal but the intention is still there. While I have no actual lore to back it up this has always been my interpretation of the guild leaders, their personalities, and what they teach.
Kalag - Traditional "thief's thief" Covers the generic thief stuff and intro to the guild.
Swan/Crow - Gypsy/Mystic/Pirate thief. Crow has always been the "khri master" when compared to the rest of the other guild leaders. The duo run a stealth/shadows focused guild and smuggling op.
Dwillig - American Psycho thief. Steals through accounting (ok maybe not, but I can dream). He's also our "heavy hitter" arch type teaching the combat moves. Maybe any role Jason Statham ever did is a more apt comparison.
Saishla - Never got a great sense of her outside of her love/respect of Poisons
Ivitha - Political thief. Master manipulator and politician. The "true head" of the guild.

>>2) Has anyone ever actually had lore regarding the GLs and how they act? Aside from Kalag the sly/black, I don't think I've read anything, interacted with, or otherwise seen any actual personification of any of the GLs.

I remember Swan and Crow were GM run in an event for a bit when the guild went from a single static spot to the rotating bolt holes. Was a frantic night spent running around Riverhaven trying to hide them from the law. I think their backstory was running a smuggling operation? It's been many years since I had a conversation with them.

Like you mentioned Kalag pops up now and again, never seen Dwillig out, but Ivitha spent some time around when she was introduced and Saishla has come to life on a couple of occasions.
Re: Guild leader lore 01/21/2018 01:33 AM CST
I'm so upset I missed the bolt-hole drama. I was always big on Riverhaven and Swan and Crow were/are my favorite NPCs. If anyone was a log of that fateful event please post...

"Those who die heroic deaths are long remembered, thieves and drunks and cravens soon forgotten."
-Varys
Re: Guild leader lore 01/22/2018 12:14 PM CST
>>I'm so upset I missed the bolt-hole drama. I was always big on Riverhaven and Swan and Crow were/are my favorite NPCs. If anyone was a log of that fateful event please post...

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Anamir ID's the major NPC players (Anamir, Bressail, Swan, Crow) The wiki lists it as 2004.

Maybe someone else can chime in that also remembers it (I don't have a log since it was 6 PC's ago...) but all I recall is running around the city wildly trying to get Swan and Crow onto a boat and outta town. I wasn't around for their return.
Re: Guild leader lore 02/02/2018 09:30 PM CST

Down with Anamir!!! They need to have more events like that. They'd never have a problem with player retention.

"Those who die heroic deaths are long remembered, thieves and drunks and cravens soon forgotten."
-Varys