I am *NOT* a thief! 04/14/2008 02:27 AM CDT
My character does not consider himself a thief. Were anyone to accuse him of such, he would be incredibly insulted. It's not his fault if another player's coins fall out of their pockets and into his, or if a store owner forgot to take his money when he buys something.

He considers himself an adventurer, and explorer, cartographer and a writer of histories.

I've got my ideas. Any suggestions on equipment, RP titles, or other DR goodness?
Re: I am *NOT* a thief! 04/14/2008 08:18 AM CDT
You need a topknot hair style and a staff sling. Heh
Re: I am *NOT* a thief! 04/14/2008 09:20 AM CDT
and change your name to Tasselhoff

Sothios Mori'Taren
Riverhaven Locksmith Union Representative
Re: I am *NOT* a thief! 04/14/2008 10:05 AM CDT
Work your lore skills for the cartographer and history buff titles.
Re: I am *NOT* a thief! 04/14/2008 11:27 AM CDT
> You need a topknot hair style and a staff sling. Heh

Although Tasslehoff Burrfoot was part of the inspiration for this character, they are not one in the same. My character is a bit more a hair-brained intellectual than an obnoxious child. His 'thievery' becomes a necessary skill used to overcome obstacles in the way of satisfying his curiosity.

Thanks, though, for being helpful.
Re: I am *NOT* a thief! 04/14/2008 11:49 AM CDT
Choose a fake guild and hang around members of that guild a lot. Dress and act like they do. If you are an adventuring, historian type, sounds to me like the bard guild would be perfect. Just don't sing out loud or use the BLUFF verb. I have been impersonating rangers for so long I have more swimming, climbing and skinning than stealing. Occasionally I have been outed by the handshake, but even recently I was asked how to get into the Aesry ranger guild by a ranger who sincerely believed I was one also.

Synyster Shadowmaiden
Re: I am *NOT* a thief! 04/14/2008 11:52 AM CDT
I never said Tas, what I was implying was that the idea of things finding their way into your possesion is a typical kender attitude
Re: I am *NOT* a thief! 04/15/2008 05:10 PM CDT
I hear you.

Curious how when I go to look at something it ends up in my pocket....You would think if people wanted me to not look at stuff they would put it where I could not reach it.

It was one of my happy moments when a mentor and again when my commander both totally believed in my fake guild.

It was amusing when the guards would not believe me when I was trying to turn myself in. It literally took me several days to find one that would in fact let me turn myself in.

It has been fun. I am most definately not running around dishing out grief and making people hide their gems and coins.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
--Eleanor Roosevelt