Re: Elothean N-what? 06/05/2007 10:02 AM CDT
Nice to know griefers never fail to camp and harass.

While it is -different- to use the name of a real person, I don't see it as unacceptable or insulting. My character's name came out of the NAME GENERATOR back in the day. And what is it? A Hispanic surname. Big freakin' deal. There are plenty of people out there that use real people's names, whether or not they are semi-famous or well known. Get over it.

Secondly, while he did name the thread Elothean Ninja ( I would have perhaps said assassin) he has never made claims to the title ninja, nor called himself such. Hatsumi has only ever referred to himself as an assassin. Even if he has ninja-like gear or ninja-like qualities, at least his rp isn't like some others.

For example. A certain unnamed Prydaen VIVDLY giving birth to to twins in the Ratha atrium infront of several people. Hello, disgusting.

A certain Qi person who improperly uses TIS and some weird word "TAE" to drive everyone crazy with their retarded thinking and speaking.

A certain 50 year Elf that RPs being a 5 year old that hunts ogres.

A certain Prydaen that extends EVERY "R" because she thinks its purring. ("Oh, Rrrreally?!")

The classic, "I'm an orphan, my parents were killed and now I'm a thief FEER ME."

Or better yet, "I'm a Dragon Priest." Why? "......."

I could go on, obviously. There are plenty of nitwits out there (including some of my past RPs). Elotheans DO have a very destinctive Asain culture. Right down to the cheosagms(sp), kimonos, hairsticks, and a few other things, not including their society. In fact, I was half surprised to see that the Prydaen ended up with the "ese" on the end of their language (Prydaenese).

With Hatsumi, though, I can easily say that it is legit. With ever encounter I've had with him, with all three of my characters, he never once pulled some lame clique ninja move, and his RP has held up in some very strange situations, since I enjoy challenging people to encounters they don't normally have with other characters.

Leyhan, player of many.
Re: Elothean N-what? 06/05/2007 10:14 AM CDT
Hey Leyhan, can we add a certain s'kra thief clouting people and hissing threats from hiding so that the people getting jumped can't tell who it is?

~Arwinia

Thieves will continue to be dominated by the awesome power of the perceive health ability - that which causes rivers to dry up, babies to cry, and the earth to shake.
Stand back mortal, lest ye health be perceived.
-Ssra
Re: Elothean N-what? 06/05/2007 10:23 AM CDT
I know who that is. He was asked to do that.

So, sorry it's upsetting you don't know who he is.

Leyhan
Re: Elothean N-what? 06/05/2007 10:31 AM CDT
>can we add a certain s'kra thief clouting people and hissing threats from hiding so that the people getting jumped can't tell who it is?

Would it be more thiefly if he made him/herself known? Sounds like good thief tactics to me, although I don't know the specifics.

~Purehand
Re: Elothean N-what? 06/05/2007 10:47 AM CDT
>>He was asked to do that.

lol, I'm sure. Not only was it paid back but it turns out "he" is full of it. Nothing like empty threats to make people laugh at you when you want to be taken seriously.

~Arwinia

Thieves will continue to be dominated by the awesome power of the perceive health ability - that which causes rivers to dry up, babies to cry, and the earth to shake.
-Ssra
Re: Elothean N-what? 06/05/2007 10:59 AM CDT
<<Would it be more thiefly if he made him/herself known? Sounds like good thief tactics to me, although I don't know the specifics.>>

The thief in question was called down to deliver a warning to someone (a paladin). This paladin had been giving some grief to fellow guild members, and the thief told the paladin to leave them alone.

Actually, the thief followed his mark around for a day or two, got his routine down, paid attention to where his mark was going, what his mark hunted, and who the mark knew (Hi, Arwinia). Found a place that the mark would be vulnerable, waited for the time to be ripe, and struck. Hissed a warning so his identity wouldn't be revealed, and found an out of the way corner to bide his time in while things quieted down.

During this time, the paladin went back and found one of the guys he was griefing before, and continued messing with them (thumping, taunting). The thief wants to pursue the matter further, but is unable to do so without creating an unconsented PvP situation, harassing the paladin (in terms of policy), or making his own identity known. He just wants his friends to be left alone, and his player will attempt to roleplay this out however he can. If there are IC ramifications for being caught by said paladin, he is more than prepared to deal with those.

In terms of roleplaying a thief, I don't see how this could've been any more appropriate. It certainly wasn't griefing.

FYI.
Re: Elothean N-what? 06/05/2007 12:41 PM CDT

This is really what happend, the person that hired the thief got owned and realized the people he was messing with are out of his league, and to save his scrawny carcus, he went into hiding never to be heard from again.

Stay hidden, safe yourself the trip down the starry road

Hey! I think there is someone hiding in here! I hade a huge fire opal in my hand one second and "poof" just like that it is gone.

What the hell kind of world do we live in anyhow!

You mutter something in the air about danmable Jewel thieves.
Re: Elothean N-what? 06/05/2007 05:01 PM CDT
I don't believe this is the conflict folder. I suggest we stop posting like we're in one.

-Z

(after showing off my latest creation)
Acanthor: You terrify me.
Re: Elothean N-what? 06/05/2007 05:03 PM CDT
>In terms of roleplaying a thief, I don't see how this could've been any more appropriate. It certainly wasn't griefing.

Sounds good to me. I do the same thing with my empath, except I get pointed out and killed.

~Purehand
Re: Elothean N-what? 06/05/2007 07:30 PM CDT
<<This is really what happend, the person that hired the thief got owned and realized the people he was messing with are out of his league, and to save his scrawny carcus, he went into hiding never to be heard from again.

Probably the same group of people who I have had turn around and do the exact same thing to me.
Re: Elothean N-what? 06/06/2007 12:14 PM CDT
>>This is really what happend, the person that hired the thief got owned and realized the people he was messing with are out of his league, and to save his scrawny carcus, he went into hiding never to be heard from again

qft

~Arwinia

-Ssra