Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Elothean Ninja 06/02/2007 07:22 PM CDT
>>Chuck Norris doesn't need 999 charisma; Chuck Norris is a loner that does whatever he wants whenever he wants.

But he also does whoever he wants, and I imagine that would take some finesse.

~Kashik
Re: Elothean Ninja 06/02/2007 08:02 PM CDT
This post was such a prime example of why you should be careful of what you name a post..My charecter is not RP'd as a ninja ( tho I did name him after one because I was reading Dr Hatsumi masaaki's book at the time ) but if you look at elotheans they seem to have a culture with asian influence. My elothean is a thief and I myself have a background in filipino and japanese martial arts as well as wanting to RP my charecter as an assassin I asked if anyone else ( meaning elothean thieves ) was trying to do any type of assassin RP or martial arts backgrounded thief. I called the post elothean ninja and it led to so much bullcrap i still have people walking into my room yelling out NINJA VANISH to this day.....tho it makes me laugh still.
Re: Elothean Ninja 06/03/2007 09:16 PM CDT
>This is funny. I don't care who you are.

No. It has not been funny in the year+ it has been circulating. Sorry. It's just as lame as quoting movies (or heaven help me Monty python) word for word.

Because everyone knows if it made someone laugh 65 years ago it'll be funny if I repeat it every 30 seconds today!!

>This post was such a prime example of why you should be careful of what you name a post.

I'm sorry; you said you wanted to be an Elothean ninja, named yourself after a famous 'RL ninja', and claim to have a 'background in filipino and japanese martial arts'.

There is nothing to be taken out of context about your posts. You want to be a ninja/assasin. I have continually mocked you for such, because it's, frankly, horribly cliched and lame and other negative things.

Just the same as I would mock a Paladin who wanted to name himself 'Sir Authur' and wield a 2HE named Exaclibur.

Or anyone who uses no imagination and simply clones a literature character (Drizzt, Harry Potter, Beowulf, Chaucer (bards), Thomas Moore).

It has nothing to be proud of, sorry.
Re: Elothean Ninja 06/04/2007 01:09 PM CDT
I naver said I wanted to RP as a Ninja specifically, I did name him after one because I was reading his book at the time and my charecter was as I said taken from an asian template, I do have a background in japanese and filipino martial arts its not just a "claim" and even that does not mean I want the title of Ninja on my charecter just like I don't want the title Guro of Sifu. Lastly as I said once before when I want your opinion I will give it to you, till then keep it to yourself.
Re: Elothean Ninja 06/04/2007 01:13 PM CDT
>>I naver said I wanted to RP as a Ninja specifically, I did name him after one because I was reading his book at the time and my charecter was as I said taken from an asian template, I do have a background in japanese and filipino martial arts its not just a "claim" and even that does not mean I want the title of Ninja on my charecter just like I don't want the title Guro of Sifu. Lastly I really must like attention and all the responses I get here on the boards so I will continue posting as a plee for more of your opinions.

There, I fixed that last line for you.

~Arwinia

Thieves will continue to be dominated by the awesome power of the perceive health ability - that which causes rivers to dry up, babies to cry, and the earth to shake.
Stand back mortal, lest ye health be perceived.
-Ssra
Re: Elothean Ninja 06/04/2007 04:37 PM CDT
I have never posted trying to do anything other than help the thief guild, something I like very much. I have never wanted anything but the respect of the other players I play with and I don't understand why people like you and krooner keep puting me down when I have never done this to any other player. I guess I can't win or earn the respect of everyone so I won't keep trying.
Re: Elothean Ninja 06/04/2007 04:43 PM CDT
It's not that we don't respect your intentions, it's the OMG I'M GOING TO POST WHAT I WANT AND DON'T CARE WHAT YOU PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY SO DON'T EVEN RESPOND TO ME BECUZ I'M LEET attitude. It's a public board, you post your thoughts and ideas here and they will be dissected and discussed. Quite often people will find reasons to shoot them down that you don't like. Responding to people that don't agree with you with posts like I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY YOU HAVE NO REASON TO EVEN VOICE YOUR OPINION isn't going to get you far.

~Arwinia

Thieves will continue to be dominated by the awesome power of the perceive health ability - that which causes rivers to dry up, babies to cry, and the earth to shake.
Stand back mortal, lest ye health be perceived.
-Ssra
Re: Elothean Ninja 06/04/2007 04:53 PM CDT
It's not so much everyone else as much as Krooner, I have yet to see him post something where he is not puting someone down, talking down to them or being cruel in some way so to be honest Im just sick of it. I wish he would just stop repeating his opinion of me because I know it all to well and he just keeps puting me down over a name of a charecter, he has called me the worst RPr in game and has NEVER RP'd with me. After a while it just gets old and I am now very short with him.
Re: Elothean Ninja 06/04/2007 05:50 PM CDT
Squint

>Points at the conflicts folder

Take it there if you wanna zing each other

Pomae

Any questions and/or comments can be sent to me at Mod-Pomae@Play.net, or Senior Board Moderator Annwyl at dr-annwyl@play.net or Board Supervisor Cecco at DR-Cecco@Play.net
Re: Elothean Ninja 06/04/2007 06:27 PM CDT
>After a while it just gets old
Re: Elothean Ninja 06/04/2007 06:48 PM CDT
>After a while it just gets old

but once it is old it becomes a classic

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Elothean Ninja 06/04/2007 07:25 PM CDT
basically you can roleplay however you want. as long as its not disrupting to others.

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: Elothean Ninja 06/04/2007 10:48 PM CDT
<<I called the post elothean ninja and it led to so much bullcrap i still have people walking into my room yelling out NINJA VANISH to this day.....tho it makes me laugh still.

Guilty.

It never gets old.
Re: Elothean Ninja 06/05/2007 07:18 AM CDT
>>Guilty.

Now why doesn't that suprise me?
Re: Elothean Ninja 06/09/2007 08:34 PM CDT
Nikpack >>Chuck Norris doesn't need 999 charisma; Chuck Norris is a loner that does whatever he wants whenever he wants.

Chuck Norris doesn't have charisma, charisma has Chuck Norris.

(Sorry, couldn't resist. I've been gone a while and still have the better part of 1000 posts to read through...)

Happiness stems only from violence. - The Stock
It's like putting a band-aid on cancer. - Philip Anselmo
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page