Fake Guild RP 07/14/2004 06:21 PM CDT
This may be a stupid question, but please bare with me.

I want to RP as a Barb (and yes I can RP when I'm not drunk - shush anyone that knows me), but I realized that I haven't the first clue about being a barb. Can anyone give me a clue on how to make it more believable, and what to do if someone asks me a barb related question?

~Gwenevire
Re: Fake Guild RP 07/14/2004 06:22 PM CDT
<<Can anyone give me a clue on how to make it more believable, and what to do if someone asks me a barb related question?>>

Grunt, scratch yourself, say "Gwen no know, but GWEN SMASH PUNY PERSON!" and beat your chest like Tarzan. Works every time.

Drongol's Player

PC also stands for "Paying Customer."
Re: Fake Guild RP 07/14/2004 06:44 PM CDT
You'll find that most barbarians are weapons-nuts. So learn a bunch of weapons, and anything else related to them. And learn something about hand-shaking if you really want to get into it. There is this, also: Over in DR Plat there is a shadow/barbarian who engages in a bit of forge work. And he apparently is good at it.

The short form: If you want to 'be' a barbarian, study and imitate them.

Ryeka and a shadow

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Fake Guild RP 07/14/2004 06:45 PM CDT
just find a good barb site from the list of links and find out when you get each dance, roar, etc. check out the inner fire thing, all that. too much to list. hang out in the barb guild, ask for classes in weapons or anything else combat related, and complain about how hard it is to train certain barb skills. read up in the barbarian folder, and yer all good.

***** whispers, "i just would like you to know that after today if you even so much as look at me the wrong way i will consider it consent and have you killed. This is your warning and it is forever"

You see *** ****, an Elven Empath.
Re: Fake Guild RP 07/17/2004 01:00 PM CDT
yeah, and spar people alot, grunt, snort, use stupid gortog words (you know, dumby it down) and smoke alot and eat greasy foods...then your about set (dunno if it was changed, but dont go shaking a barbs hand with a barb title on)...

the mind behind Jostak
Re: Fake Guild RP 07/17/2004 02:15 PM CDT
No, you don't shake a hand at all, you only let them grab yours, not visa versa, otherwise it just says "Elec shakes your hand".

~Deuce~

~The Ever Cynical Elec

~TEH Zombie Ninja Monkey Pirate

"Even In Your Darkest, Most Hellish Nightmares You Are Safe. But In Reality, Night Always Falls, And There In The Shadows, I Wait."
Re: Fake Guild RP 07/17/2004 04:57 PM CDT
I was instructed not to do any of the following things because they would give away my non-barb-ness:

Dont shake hands.
Dont grunt.
Dont roar.
Dont listen to magic (oops).
Dont get majiked.

And the barb abilities that we DO have are

Dismantle smash
Returning a barbs handshake with an imitation

Anything else that I've missed?

~Mistine (aka Gwenevire)
Re: Fake Guild RP 07/17/2004 05:59 PM CDT
no..looks like you have it all covered...oh and another thing they can out you with is asking what your weapon ranks are (i didnt realise and answered)...back in the old DR I didnt have enough weapon ranks to be 10th circle with the mercenary title on

The mind behind Jostak

I have the power to take everything from you, including your life.

what's lost can be found, what's locked can be opened, what's hidden can be found