Save me from the shadow black... 07/10/2002 07:07 PM CDT
You know what it is. The black. The all black. The overwrought, coating every inch of their body, by Damaris you have no fashion sense, shadow black. Save me from it. Hide me. Please, grant me soft aslyum.

I have often angsted over shadow black, mostly that shadows are grey, not black. When I see it, combined with accessories that clearly glorify and advertise the Thieves' Guild and stealing, being worn in plain sight for all to see, I tend to get twitchy.

Isn't the Thieves' Guild supposed to be one of secrecy? Wouldn't dark greys and browns be better for urban stalking usually? Why not actually attempt to disguise oneself if you're going to be using a "false" title? I can understand that locksmiths are running a (mostly) honest business here, obviously, but the rest...?

At various times, I have been guessed as a Paladin, Thief, Bard, Moon Mage, and more, although those are the primary ones in no particular order. If I am barely investing effort into concealing my Guild, and I'm doing this well when I decide to make no outward sign, why can't Thieves' do better?

Feh. Random grumbling.

-Seldaene
Re: Save me from the shadow black... 07/10/2002 09:51 PM CDT
>>Isn't the Thieves' Guild supposed to be one of secrecy? Wouldn't dark greys and browns be better for urban stalking usually? Why not actually attempt to disguise oneself if you're going to be using a "false" title? I can understand that locksmiths are running a (mostly) honest business here, obviously, but the rest...?<<

Well, ye see..it's sorta like this. Some people hide so as not to draw attention. Therefore, stealing is made easy. Then there are others. They are not afraid to express their true selves (Author's Note: This is not to imply that those who do not shout thief are afraid to express themselves.). Instead, they face the daily challenge of saying, I'm a thief, if you don't wanna accept me as such, well, tough. And I'll charge you a tax of everything stealable on your person for calling me a thief and stating the obvious. Then again, to hide your profession and relieve the person of everything stealable anyway, well, das jest the thiefly way. So it all boils down to personal decision. If you're uncomfy with a thief posing as a thief, don't hang around with them, cause they will associate you with the thieves guild. Hoped that helped. *hum cheerfully*
~Sir Garbage of Can.