Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 06/26/2002 02:27 AM CDT
Im just forewarning you, do NOT become a thief, its not worth it. They have nothing special. Be a warmie that can spit a lightning bolt and kill you in one spit!! Who can beat that???!!

I think we should be able to steal someones tongue or something.

steal (persons) tongue.

You reach into (Persons) mouth and rip their tongue right out!

They fall to the ground bleeding from the mouth, and slowly dieing from blood loss.

But im serious the thieves guild is now the weakest guild I believe.

Dodjer
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 06/26/2002 05:31 AM CDT
>But im serious the thieves guild is now the weakest guild I believe.

Then leave.

-Ipkin

Wardog
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 06/26/2002 07:05 AM CDT
>>But im serious the thieves guild is now the weakest guild I believe.

Don't base the worth of the whole guild on your lack of skill.

Subai
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 06/26/2002 09:21 AM CDT
Someone snipe him.

-Gheist
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 06/26/2002 10:47 AM CDT
Woof woof.

Korsik

Bigger Wardog
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 06/26/2002 10:51 AM CDT
Sniping= deadly attack move with LX available to thieves and rangers. Add our own special sauce to the bolt, makes it even better.

Backstab= one of the deadliest and most potent attacks in the game. Now that backs are a critical area, it's even deadlier. Again, special sauce makes it even better.

Stalking= I can stalk room to room in crossing with a 1 sec Rt. Tell me another guild that can do that.

Stealing= I can steal someone's coins and/or gems, and be back in the shadows and away before they can prep a spell or get a weapon to attack me with.

If that makes us weak, well then, I guess I'm a weakling. But, those that I've left dead or impoverished in my path would likely argue with you on that.

~J
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 06/26/2002 11:09 AM CDT
"weakest" is a relative term.

While it's true, we don't have the immediate mass killing power of magic or the utility of magic being able to do anything, anytime.

We have our strong points. Those that are able to play to those and avoid our weak points do fine.

Though we'll see what happens with the hiding rewrite and stealing rewrite. Things change..........

waddee, commoner
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 06/26/2002 11:14 AM CDT
and the only ones who call us weak or cowards are those who want a stand up fight.....get used to it folks, we silent, we deadly, you dont see it comming and never will unless we want you too. We are thieves, and use the tools we are good with....
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 06/26/2002 11:31 AM CDT
<<< Don't base the worth of the whole guild on your lack of skill. >>>

very nice and well put.

X
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 06/26/2002 11:44 AM CDT
Shhh!

Aw, heck, go ahead. Spread the word. Get even MORE thieves out there. Weren't some of ya complainin' that there are too many as it is?

~ Ailyne "Don't be a thief!" >wink<

>>Sniping= deadly attack move with LX available to thieves and rangers. Add our own special sauce to the bolt, makes it even better.

>>Backstab= one of the deadliest and most potent attacks in the game. Now that backs are a critical area, it's even deadlier. Again, special sauce makes it even better.

>>Stalking= I can stalk room to room in crossing with a 1 sec Rt. Tell me another guild that can do that.

>>Stealing= I can steal someone's coins and/or gems, and be back in the shadows and away before they can prep a spell or get a weapon to attack me with.

>>If that makes us weak, well then, I guess I'm a weakling. But, those that I've left dead or impoverished in my path would likely argue with you on that.
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 06/26/2002 12:12 PM CDT
ok ok, maybe I said a lil to extreme....Yes we are still strong, but when a 20th circle warmie can spit a lightning bolt out of there mouth and kill a 70th thief in one blow to the chest with it.....isnt that a lil crazy you think?

Dodjer
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 06/26/2002 03:18 PM CDT
>>when a 20th circle warmie can spit a lightning bolt out of there mouth and kill a 70th thief in one blow to the chest with it.....isnt that a lil crazy you think?

There isn't a 20th warmie out there that can kill me in one cast, and I'm no where near 70th. If they killed a 70th Thief with one cast and they are 50 circles below him is because that Thief sucks and didn't train his skills to his best advantage.

Subai

PS- They don't spit the bolt out of their mouth, they call it down from the sky.
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 06/26/2002 03:31 PM CDT
Anyhow they spit fire not lightening! Duh! And whats this have to do with RPing?

-Mozzik
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 06/26/2002 05:52 PM CDT
Last I checked I couldn't spit fire at something I couldn't FIND.

Steel.
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 06/26/2002 05:55 PM CDT
>Last I checked I couldn't spit fire at something I couldn't FIND.

Just ashame that everyone can retreat from things they can't find
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 06/26/2002 06:29 PM CDT
So? Just don't let'em know you hid.

Steel.
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 06/26/2002 06:41 PM CDT
Well thats a logical arguement. I wasnt aware when I stalked into a room and advanced a critter that I had let him know I hid either. Yet they still retreat :p

Was just pointing out something that truely is nullifying us in a time of others having their guilds more defined. If you dont understand what I meant by that, basically, we are the stealth guild yet players and critters are able to retreat from us reguardless of whether they have seen us or not.

Just something I would like to see changed. Thankfully Damissak did mention this is something he would also like to see changed, so maybe its on the agenda.

-Paleth
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 06/26/2002 07:32 PM CDT
Eh? I'm just talking on a character vs character basis here.

If I'm being stalked, and I think I'm being stalked, just having an idea, I'm going to move away from where I'm standing.

Though, I think there should be a chance that you 'retreat' to melee on the hidden person. That'd be fun. After all, you're not quite certain where they are.

Steel.
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 06/27/2002 02:57 AM CDT
How about we change the title of this thread. Makes me glad I read before I rip. Thought someone came in and was bashin.

GvG is something I'm going to be watching VERY carefully from this point on.

Thanks

Pomae
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 06/27/2002 01:35 PM CDT
A combat theef is the most over powered character in the game

Poison - no gobal caps

Backstab - over 200 ranks it's unstoppable

Inv Kookie - Just plain sick

Weapon Kookie - goes way over the global cap

Snipe - Just plain crazy with poison <wince>

Hamstring and the knockout moves - with over 200 brawling these moves are just nasty also

A combat theef is something to be feared and dominate PVP if they know how to fight.

Just ask Subaitart, Laros, Soim, Bris, Eyoni, Willy or Paleth to give ya a demo
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 06/27/2002 01:38 PM CDT
<<Poison - no gobal caps>>

Why do people keep saying that?....the global caps are limits on bonus an ability can give to a skill/stat. Poison dosn't boost anything. Yes it can be deadly, but it has nothing todo with global caps.
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 06/27/2002 02:33 PM CDT
I think that's exactly what Webs was sayin, that there are no checks in place for poison and so it's very powerful, not that it exceeded any checks, but that they weren't there to begin with. Just an observation.

-Teeklin Tessenaok, Proud Ranger of Elanthia
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 06/27/2002 03:05 PM CDT
<<DAMADWEBBA--whines alot

:tries not to make footprints in the puddles of tears:

~Me
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 06/27/2002 05:54 PM CDT
<<A combat theef is the most over powered character in the game>>

Powerful in our element, yes. Out of it we are very vulnerable.

<<Poison - no gobal caps>>

It's ... P-O-I-S-O-N :) It's supposed to be lethal. To get poisoned I have to be able to hit you. To be able to hit you I have to be a decent fighter. If you think I can walk up to Galain and give him lethal poison you're sadly mistaken.

<<Backstab - over 200 ranks it's unstoppable>>

Wrong. I have well (a lot) over 200 and there are plenty of people who can stop it.

<<Inv Kookie - Just plain sick>>

Shard Magic Shop has a spiffy refractive field rune you may find useful.

<<Weapon Kookie - goes way over the global cap>>

Which will soon be put under the cap.

<<Snipe - Just plain crazy with poison>>

You poor thing. Should I get you a pacifier? :-P

<<Hamstring and the knockout moves - with over 200 brawling these moves are just nasty also>>

Ah , you don't know what you're talking about on this one.

<<A combat theef is something to be feared and dominate PVP if they know how to fight.>>

The game isn't built around PVP.

<<Just ask Subaitart, Laros, Soim, Bris, Eyoni, Willy or Paleth to give ya a demo>>

Good to be a thief, eh? ;)

<<I think that's exactly what Webs was sayin, that there are no checks in place for poison and so it's very powerful, not that it exceeded any checks, but that they weren't there to begin with. Just an observation.>>

Read the above. There is a very big check. I have to be able to hit you to deliver it. If I can't hit you I can't poison you.

-Pilf
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 06/27/2002 06:25 PM CDT
<<I think that's exactly what Webs was sayin, that there are no checks in place for poison and so it's very powerful, not that it exceeded any checks, but that they weren't there to begin with. Just an observation.>>

<<Read the above. There is a very big check. I have to be able to hit you to deliver it. If I can't hit you I can't poison you.>>

In addition, poison is not a skill or ability you just 'get' in the normal sense of the word. It takes time to create, and to be able to make the very powerfull poison you speak of, the pioneers had to spend countless hours experimenting. And they don't share their secrets easily. (A good thing, for you guys.)

-Ipkin
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 06/27/2002 10:41 PM CDT
and poison does have a cap
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 07/02/2002 04:00 PM CDT
<<>>Though we'll see what happens with the hiding rewrite and stealing rewrite. Things change..........<<>>

Things do change...hiding is now newted!
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 07/02/2002 11:38 PM CDT
<<hiding is now newted!

damn, I go off to work for a couple days and while I'm gone they turn hiding into lizards? What's the world coming to?

Bre
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 07/03/2002 01:44 AM CDT
"She turned me into a newt! ... ... I got better."
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 07/03/2002 01:49 AM CDT
> "She turned me into a newt! ... ... I got better."

How do you people beat me to the obvious lines?

Steel.
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 09/07/2002 06:41 AM CDT
>Eh? I'm just talking on a character vs character basis here.

>If I'm being stalked, and I think I'm being stalked, just having an idea, I'm going to move away from where I'm standing.

>Though, I think there should be a chance that you 'retreat' to melee on the hidden person. That'd be fun. After all, you're not quite certain where they are.

>Steel.

Another point, more applicable to the absolute clueless: I have no idea youre there but decide to walk across the meadow to get out of the sun.... and coincidentally away from your stalking location. I see that as more common even. Just because youre stalking me doenst mean you can always follow my random movements. And if there has been combat, any critter/character is going to be on the move trying to find their hidden attacker. They might not see you, but still walk the opposite direction looking for you.

Harshon's player
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 09/21/2002 09:30 AM CDT
<If that makes us weak, well then, I guess I'm a weakling. But, those that I've left dead or impoverished in my path would likely argue with you on that.>

Oh i have to so agree with this how many people hate me because i have killed them or there friends oh thats right were weak so i didnt kill anyone
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 05/02/2003 12:41 AM CDT
Forget thief and while your at it... FORGET EMPATH

I play an empath and I can't hurt anybody... I get to melee and I swing and I'm stunned and stuff whats up with that! So whatever you do , DO NOT become a thief and most importnantly not an empath
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 05/02/2003 12:46 AM CDT
Put down the headcleaner and back away from the keyboard.

-Gheist
Re: Whatever you Do! Dont become a thief 05/02/2003 02:12 PM CDT
>Put down the headcleaner and back away from the keyboard.

:scrathes his head:

* The Player of Nakeeta is now dumber! *

:nods to Gheist:

My sentiments as well.

...Ugh