New Khri: Live 08/07/2018 10:27 PM CDT
Rolled up a baby thief the other day to mess around so this was a nice surprise. I got some questions though and a bug.

So baby circle 1 thief with 3 slots. I learned darken first and saw I could learn harrier and dampen. I then learned hasten and when I checked dampen was no longer an option to learn. Do khri have different slot costs based on tier? What made it show up then go away? I'd also be nice if when you asked about the khri the guild leader told you what they teach or how difficult each is or how many slots they take. Like would I consider dampen an intermediate khri that requires 80 ranks to pull off like an intermediate spell would and should hold off until I have the skill to cast it?

The bug I found and bugged in game is thieves can be taught warding but they don't actually learn anything from it.
Re: New Khri: Live 08/07/2018 10:45 PM CDT
> So baby circle 1 thief with 3 slots.

Premium?

> Do khri have different slot costs based on tier?

Different slot costs, yes, but it's not based on tier. There's a slot pricing formula based on how many effects a spell/khri has.

> What made it show up then go away?

Presumably the fact that you no longer had the slots for it.

> I'd also be nice if when you asked about the khri the guild leader told you what they teach or how difficult each is or how many slots they take.

Yeah, it'd be nice if the guild leader information was as robust for khri has it is for spells.

Here's the slot costs I've gathered:

Finesse:
Hasten (1)
Safe (2)
Avoidance (1)
Plunder (2)
Muse (2)
Elusion (2)
Slight (2)
Guile (2)
Flight (3)
Cunning (3)
Credence (2)

Subtlety:
Darken (1)
Harrier (1)
Dampen (2)
Strike (3)
Silence (2)
Shadowstep (2)
Sensing (3)

Vanish (??)
Evanescence (??)

Potence:
Focus (1)
Sight (1)
Prowess (2)
Terrify (2)
Calm (2)
Insight (2)
Steady (3)
Intimidate (1)
Endure (2)
Serenity (2)
Fright (2)

Eliminate (??)
Sagacity (??)
Re: New Khri: Live 08/07/2018 10:56 PM CDT
>>Premium?

Yes. Was happy to see they gave the extra bonus slot with the conversion to magic tert slot rates.

>>Presumably the fact that you no longer had the slots for it.

Yeah I kinda assumed that was the issue. Just a little counter intuitive since with spells once you've unlocked a pre-req you will always see the spells open to you when you ask even if you don't have the slots or rank to pull it off.

>>Here's the slot costs I've gathered:

Great info and will help with planning things out! Thanks!
Re: New Khri: Live 08/08/2018 02:02 AM CDT
I went to Test with my 103 Thief to pick everything while waiting for the crowd to die down in Prime, can unlearn everything there, not sure about in Prime. This should be everything according to GM posts, Elanthipedia, and me picking things. The trees themselves might be suspect, I went with the old trees (minus the changes listed in GM posts)

The total is 74, so a 150th Thief can't know everything, but that's not too badly over the slot limit (-4 for subscribers, -6 for F2P).

Mine is a tree made in Excel, so formatting gets lost here.

18 Subtlety
1 Darken (+Stealth)
2 Dampen (decrease stealth hindrance, anti-locate barrier)
2 Shadowstep (decrease advance time while hidden, 0RT sneaking in town)
3 Sensing (remote view of neighboring room, passive spot on hidden)
3 Strike (+Backstab, +skill of held melee weapon (offhand weapon if none in main))
2 Silence (pulsing invis)
2 Vanish (instant invis and retreat)
2 Evanescence (+Invis on a damaging strike)
1 Harrier (+Strength)
22 Finesse
1 Hasten (-weapon RT)
2 Safe (+Locksmithing, chance to dodge a blown trap)
2 Muse (+Engineering, +Alchemy)
1 Avoidance (+Reflex)
2 Elusion (+Brawl, +Evasion)
3 Flight (+Athletics, pulsing balance recovery, chance to catch and return throw a weapon thrown at you)
3 Cunning (+Tactics, +Charisma, pulsing anti-web/immobil)
2 Credence (Debil Calm all engaged)
2 Plunder (+Thievery, +Discipline)
2 Guile (Debil -Evasion all engaged)
2 Slight (-Shoplifting failure)
23 Potence
1 Focus (+Agility)
1 Sight (+Perception, darkvision)
2 Insight (+FA, +Outdoorsman)
2 Terrify (single target immobil)
1 Intimidate (Debil prevent engagement)
2 Fright (+Debil, +Intelligence)
2 Calm (dispel all on self)
2 Endure (+Stamina, slows bleeding)
2 Serenity (barrier vs. Will)
1 Sagacity (ablative physical barrier)
2 Prowess (single target Debil Reflex and OF/Tactics)
3 Steady (+HT, +LT, +Bows, +Crossbows, faster aim, allow dual load)
2 Eliminate (ignore armor+shield when using SE weapon)
11 Ambushes
1 Choke (Crossing, -Stamina, Fatigue damage)
2 Screen (Ratha, Choke Prereq, -Perception, random RT)
2 Stun (Ratha, head damage+stun)
2 Clout (Ain Ghazal, Stun Prereq, concentration damage and drain, target loses prepared spell)
2 Slash (Ratha, prevent retreat, target falls to knee, leg injury )
2 Ignite (Shard, Slash Prereq, set target on fire)

Kaeta Airtag

"I have faith in the current crop of GMs to not screw people over"

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: New Khri: Live 08/09/2018 11:40 AM CDT
Anyone know if the Khri Steady for dual load is live? Is that a typo?
Re: New Khri: Live 08/09/2018 12:28 PM CDT
It is. 200+ ranks, khri steady, load my arrows, enjoy

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: New Khri: Live 08/11/2018 12:23 PM CDT
F2P Warning:

Asking for a visa will choose the lowest circle Ambush you can learn that's not in Crossing. I didn't re-learn Choke from Crossing, went to the town hall to get a visa, and unlocked access to Qi. So I guess I'm being forced to learn the Stun ambush next! Which is fine, that's the one I want. But it seems there's no choice in what to pick? My guess is if I don't learn Stun here, then next time I ask for a visa, it will send me back here again until I do learn it, and Screen and Slash, too. So I'm down a bunch of Khri slots if I want to skip those two and get Clout?

Then there's this weird thing...

>The Merelew driver says, "I'm leaving shortly, returning to Fang Cove. If you would like to accompany me for a safe trip there, just join me." The Merelew driver smiles.
>[JOIN TALL MAMMOTH before it leaves if you would like to go to Fang Cove.]
> join tall mammoth

>[Because your account is free, you don't have access to Ilithi (which the tall sea mammoth leads to). To purchase access, visit https://store.play.net/store/purchase/dr .]

So its moon mage or boat from Crossing only? IS there a boat from Crossing? I swear I took the mammoths last time.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
Re: New Khri: Live 08/11/2018 09:10 PM CDT
Yeah, its wierd that FC is considered Ilithi, but then again they deal in doks so not surprising.

And if youre referring to private boats then thats basically a total nogo for f2p accts, they cant get on them. So, its down to either get a mm to rift/gate you there after you get your passport or take the Skirr from Xing (near rats shipyard for anyone thats forgotten). Good luck in finding it in the mess that the docks is with all those blasted private ships docked there.
Re: New Khri: Live 08/12/2018 12:06 AM CDT
Javac, is there any thought to letting our buffed charisma boost our confidence? I mean, seems like they would go hand in hand. If I suddenly make myself more charismatic, I'd be more confident right? Would be a cool side effect for cunning especially due to it's short up time.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: New Khri: Live 08/16/2018 10:00 PM CDT
> I'd also be nice if when you asked about the khri the guild leader told you what they teach or how difficult each is or how many slots they take.
>Yeah, it'd be nice if the guild leader information was as robust for khri has it is for spells.

Thief GuildLeaders will now tell you how many slots an ability costs, if they teach that ability.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: New Khri: Live 08/16/2018 11:22 PM CDT
Two things:

1. Would it be possible to get the old format back when we used to type "khri" to see what we have?
It used to be a nice neat tree layout with each khri under their respective types, in order. The new layout is less than desireable, maybe that's just me.

2. Could we get some kind of messaging for SLIGHT when it's actively working, or something? As is seems we only get messages when we put it up and when it comes down. Thus very hard to gauge how well it's working.
Would be nice if it gave some kind of additional message when you are actually stealing something, to show how much it's helping or whatever.
Re: New Khri: Live 08/17/2018 09:31 AM CDT
>Would it be possible to get the old format back

Unlikely. With the addition of new Khri, a level 150 Thief wouldn’t be able to see all of the trees. I posted about the format change in particular back when I was working on it, and received unanimous support for the change.

>Could we get some kind of messaging for SLIGHT when it's actively working

I’ll look into it, but no promises on if/when I can get something released.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: New Khri: Live 08/18/2018 11:12 AM CDT

Can anyone tell me what the syntax is to learn the ambushes? I tried everything I can think of and cannot manage to figure it out. (Also been forever since I learned them originally)

Alesea
Re: New Khri: Live 08/18/2018 03:24 PM CDT
ask person about ambush choose

[Naohhi] We'll look into it, but for now, you're making giant errors pop up all over the place on this side. :p
[Naohhi] That means.. please stop.
You have some tiny scratches to the wings.
Javac exclaims, "You didn't see me!"
Re: New Khri: Live 08/18/2018 05:12 PM CDT

Yeah I figured that part out, was wondering if there was a way to list what you COULD choose like if you ask about khri you get the list.

Alesea