Backstab/Blindside 03/02/2018 06:27 AM CST
Is this supposed to be live in Plat? Because it is. And its acting a little wonky with Khri Skulk. When I started Khri skulk, it seems to want to miss the first couple of "blndsides", but once it connects its hitting hard. Which don't get me wrong, I like it hitting as hard as it is. Just seems weird that I'm seeing alot of misses with Skulk. This is in Orc Raiders on the plat side. I'm just going to have to get used to using "Blindside" instead of "backstab", my fingers aren't into this just yet, but in time, they will. :-D

Also, are there any thiefly type GM's reading the plat forums? Or should I just bring all my questions to here? Thanks in advance!!!!

Jim

Dalkin in platinum
Re: Backstab/Blindside 03/02/2018 02:53 PM CST
Just type backstab... it defaults.

Also, there's been a bug with hits/misses/exp that's been mentioned a few times now. I'd wager it has less to do with skulk and more to do with that.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Backstab/Blindside 03/02/2018 02:55 PM CST
Also, hit me up on Discord Elec#7286. Long time no see!

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Backstab/Blindside 03/02/2018 03:33 PM CST

>>Also, there's been a bug with hits/misses/exp that's been mentioned a few times now. I'd wager it has less to do with skulk and more to do with that.

I haven't noticed any experience missed, its actually teaching really really well. At least where I'm at on the Plat side. I can mind lock stealths and backstab with two rounds of Khri Skulk/Khri meditate. The experience thing I'm seeing not moving good is with inner magic and augmentation and the third thing its supposed to move. I haven't been able to get it above 20/34.

I'm seeing more misses right after putting up Khri skulk and meditate. After about 15-30 seconds blindside/backstab starts hitting and going back to normal. Not sure if its a plat thing, or an overall thing.

>>Also, hit me up on Discord Elec#7286. Long time no see!

whats Discord? I'm so long now days with IG things. And being on the plat side, I haven't even tried to venture into prime with my prime thief in waaaaaay to long. :-D

Best way to get in touch with me, Look me up on FB

Jim Thompson

email Mckirkdr@yahoo.com

If you can find the Dragonrealms Platinum FB page, I'm on there, shoot me a friend request, easier to get in touch with me on Messenger there. Got remarried and have 3 little ones along with being disabled now, I'm always near messenger.

Jim

Dalkin in plat
Re: Backstab/Blindside 03/02/2018 03:53 PM CST
>whats Discord? I'm so long now days with IG things. And being on the plat side, I haven't even tried to venture into prime with my prime thief in waaaaaay to long. :-D

AIM got shut down. Discord is the new chat program everyone uses. discordapp.net or you can download it on your smartphone/tablet.

First create an account of some kind, then click the link below to get added to the Dragonrealms discord:

https://discordapp.com/invite/012CV9CNB6YximtAZ

I'd strongly recommend you make use of it. There is a general-purpose chat if you have questions about spells/quests or need a rezz or drag. There's a chatroom with a couple GMs. There's a sales room for buying/selling. It's the #2 resource outside of elanthipedia.
Re: Backstab/Blindside 03/02/2018 04:09 PM CST

Got it, now trying to figure it out. lol

Man I feel like such a newb.

Jim

Dalkin in plat
Re: Backstab/Blindside 03/03/2018 11:11 AM CST
>Also, there's been a bug with hits/misses/exp that's been mentioned a few times now.

I’m not aware of this bug. Can you let me know what the issue is? Is it new with the changes? I didn’t change anything that should affect the hit/miss calculation, or the EXP calculation, so I’m very concerned if something change.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Backstab/Blindside 03/03/2018 03:53 PM CST

Javac

I'm noticing it in Orcs in the Manor House at Rossmans. When I start Khri Skulk, I always seem to miss the first 15 to 20 seconds of every backstab/blindside. I've not noticed experience missing, just the hit/misses. It could be just me, but thats what I have been noticing. This is in the plat instance. I'll be in game sunday, not so sure about tonight much less today. Raising 3 kids and trying to be in game, not so easy. LOL

Jim

Dalkin in plat
Re: Backstab/Blindside 03/03/2018 05:16 PM CST
Javac, I was referring more about the general combat threads and the hunting/exp threads. Not having to do with blindside. I’ve not noticed any problems with blindside.

Monster Elec