So....whats it take now.. 05/10/2020 10:49 AM CDT
To carve Grandmaster lockpicks now? I can carve masters all day long, but I can't carve grands anymore. Yes I've been gone for quiet awhile, a few yrs...ok, about 7 years...lol. Before I left I was carving grands, and now none at all. Could someone tell me what stats/skills and which khri need to be active to be able to carve grands now? Thanks in advance!!!

Locksmithing: 370
Engineering: 362
Agility : 55

Dalkin/Jim
Re: So....whats it take now.. 05/10/2020 11:22 AM CDT
I think confidence plays a big role in this as well. When I'm fresh off the hunt with full confidence, I can pump out grandmasters. As soon as it drops 1 level below "top of your game", the rate of grandmasters drops dramatically.

So try raising up your confidence before you carve.
Re: So....whats it take now.. 05/10/2020 11:31 AM CDT

hrmm...ok. I'll give that a go later today when I have time to log in. Thanks for that info! I have been carving at feeling confident, but not at top of my game. I'll work on getting it at top of my game and try again. Can't hurt. thank you!

Dalkin/Jim
Re: So....whats it take now.. 06/29/2020 07:20 PM CDT
A little late to the conversation, I just started playing my Thief alt in earnest about a month ago and never really checked the Thief folder until today. Figured I'd add my results to help narrow it down.

Khri: Hasten, Focus, Sight, Safe, Avoidance, Muse
Confidence: Top of your game
Stats: 50 Agi / 49 Reflex
Skills: Locksmithing: 464 Perception: 431 Engineering: 322

Carving while kneeling in an urban area, "Your surroundings fit your talents perfectly". I get a grandmasters lockpick about 40% of the time.

- Anuind Silverspruce

Any drunken idiot can fall off a bar stool, a real man rides it to the ground