khri 07/25/2014 10:15 PM CDT
I'm guessing this is the right forum for a khri question... so then, what are the requirements to be able to pull one off standing up? Is it based on magic ranks or total concentration and how many of what? 
Re: khri 07/25/2014 11:18 PM CDT
>>I'm guessing this is the right forum for a khri question... so then, what are the requirements to be able to pull one off standing up? Is it based on magic ranks or total concentration and how many of what? 

The earliest tier khri can be done standing once you have a weighted average of 50 ranks in IM and the appropriate subskill modified by confidence.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Magic, Sentients Team Member
Cleric Advocate
Re: khri 07/25/2014 11:34 PM CDT
Concentration no longer factors into khri anymore. It is just the fuel used to run them, like attunement for spells. Power, duration, and being able to start a khri standing up are all based on a combination of your Inner Magic and Augmentation/Utility/Debilitation skills, depending on what type of khri it is. When the conversion first happened my magic skills were below 100 and I was able to start tier one khri standing up, but not tier two. I now have around 160 IM, 150 Aug, and 140 Util and I can start tier two khri standing up, but not tier three.

I can't give you an exact break point, but hopefully that will give you an idea. Also keep in mind that it is easier to start a khri while not standing than it is to start it while standing. So it's still useful to sit when starting a khri if you can't cap it yet. Unless you're in combat. That doesn't work out so well usually.

“I’m sorry that your mystical, godlike powers do not instantly work as you would like them to.”
Re: khri 07/26/2014 06:04 AM CDT
One thing to note: are you starting these with delay, or straight?

I almost always use delay, the slow start is worth the reduction in difficulty to me.
Re: khri 07/26/2014 10:31 PM CDT
Delay lowers the max cap when starting a khri. It will make them last longer, and more potent if you can not cap it, but does not make a khri easier to start. That is what kneel/sit does.

>>So it's still useful to sit when starting a khri if you can't cap it yet. Unless you're in combat. That doesn't work out so well usually.

I kneel in combat and I'm not any worse for wear for it. I wouldn't use delay or start more than 2 at time though.
Re: khri 04/24/2015 10:27 AM CDT
kind of late to the party here, but I just came back to the game.

Trying to learn how to move IM/Aug/Utility, I seem to be able to move debilitation just fine. But I generally keep four khri up (hasten/focus/strike/steady) - but I can't seem to move mind states, even using meditate. I know i'm probably just doing something wrong since I've only been back for a few days and am still getting everything sorted, but a quick explanation would be rad. Relevant numbers 350 IM - 230ish Aug/utility.
Re: khri 04/24/2015 10:32 AM CDT
Sounds like you need to use a harder complex of khri. Focus and hasten tap out relatively early (although using them can increase the difficulty of the others and therefore the learning). I used dampen and sight around those ranks. Had to upgrade eventually to shadowstep/sight/plunder.

What you want for ideal training is to load up with as many aug/util khri as you can use without tanking your concentration while sitting and using khri meditate.
Re: khri 04/24/2015 11:26 AM CDT
As already said, you probably need to run more/harder khri for Utility, what has me confused is this...

>>focus/strike/steady

Those should be locking your Aug/IM easily if you are letting them run their durations and starting them over again, and even easier if you are using khri meditate. Maybe try replacing focus with a more difficult Aug khri?
Re: khri 04/24/2015 01:21 PM CDT
How is meditate used correctly? I was told after I throw up my khri, just use meditate and it's supposed to teach better. But i'm guessing it's going to be something akin to like appraisal focus? where I can't do it in combat and I have restrictions on what I can do?

Wasn't really able to discern much from the in game messaging.

Also, I don't know if this is the case but it seems like when I use harder khri (more specifically avoidance/elusion) I seem to stop learning evasion? I'm guessing if you get a bonus that's outside the teaching range you don't learn anymore? I may be off base here, but that was just my initial reaction.

Thanks.
Re: khri 04/24/2015 01:47 PM CDT
Here's how I do it at around the same ranks.

I put up four khri, using delay while sitting down somewhere quiet in an urban area like a bar or inn, and then krhi meditate over and over until locked up. Starting them while sitting and using delay generally makes them a little more potent, and staying sitting means that my concentration NEVER drops low enough to cause the khri to drop. Once locked up, I go on and do other things while it drains or I keep a few khri up so that the skills stay locked the rest of the time I'm logged in.

Depending on my surroundings I use:
- focus, darken, dampen, and hasten for when I don't care if someone sees me in an area. I'll sometimes use this at auctions, events, meetings, whatever. This teaches a little slower than my other set-up (since these are all tier 1 except dampen) but will lock up eventually.
OR
- avoidance, sight, dampen, and silence if I want to be more covert using the pulsing invisibility from silence to keep me unseen by most people. This locks up the skills quicker (since they are all tier 2) but my concentration takes a bigger hit and can dip fairly low at times.

Khri meditate is something you can use over and over with no cooldown or otherwise negative effect to your training, however, it does generate some RT which means it should be used when you're either not doing anything else or when you can spare a moment to wait out the round time.

Your time for being forced PvP OPEN has ended. You have been set back to DON'T MUCK WITH ME UNLESS YOU TELL ME FIRST! and will not be able to change it for 24 hours.
Re: khri 04/24/2015 02:29 PM CDT
Okay that makes much more sense now - I was under the impression meditate was a one time deal with some kind of cooldown associated with it.

I'll give it a go and see what I can come up with.

Appreciated.