Grandmaster Lockpicks 04/11/2012 12:57 PM CDT
340 LP/280 ML.

I've noticed a lot of inconsistency with carving. I never get below master's anymore (they still break on occasion) but occasionally I'll get all the way up to an initialed grandmaster's.

I was looking at e-pedia and the scale says at 340 (doesn't say in what skill) I should be getting GM's. Is there a point where I'll be carving them 90% of the time?

A conversation I had with another thief, one considerably more skilled in LP/ML (at least 200 ranks more in each) and they get GM's more frequently but not consistently.

This working as intended or is the cap just that much higher?

People will find you just as tedious and boring to talk to at 1000 ranks as they did at 100.
Re: Grandmaster Lockpicks 04/11/2012 03:09 PM CDT
Whats your agility like? It matters a lot when breaking the GM barrier.
Re: Grandmaster Lockpicks 04/11/2012 03:33 PM CDT
A number of factors.

Appropriate Khri - put up secure to carve.
Bonus - be in as urban an area as possible
Agility - the higher the better
Confidence - you carve better when you're at "top of your game"

At the moment, LP ranks determine <except for the above factors> the "level" of the lockpick, and mech determines breakage.

Of course, this will all change once other guilds can carve as well under whatever crafting skill it gets put under in 3.0.

<<as I firmly believe that upstanding citizens have the inalienable right to strike down musicians whenever possible.>>
Re: Grandmaster Lockpicks 04/11/2012 05:00 PM CDT
50 agility atm.

I never really check my bonus, I suppose I should pay more attention to it. I always have secure up though and I'm always in the guildhalls for carving.

Is it possible to get grandmaster's as often as master's though, with enough skill/stat/bonus/location?

People will find you just as tedious and boring to talk to at 1000 ranks as they did at 100.
Re: Grandmaster Lockpicks 04/11/2012 05:56 PM CDT
<<I'm always in the guildhalls for carving.>>

Always check, you'd be surprised at how many buildings have their interiors set to neutral and not urban. I think Ilithi is the worst offender with most indoors and guild areas set to neutral, not urban.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF