Moruryn stingers 12/26/2009 07:17 PM CST
Anyone having any issue making uh, special potions with Moruryn stingers? I can't seem to get mine to turn into tinctures anymore even after I dry and powder them. Not having this problem with viper sacs, but personally I find the stingers make better potions .
Re: Moruryn stingers 12/26/2009 07:23 PM CST
>Anyone having any issue making uh, special potions with Moruryn stingers? I can't seem to get mine to turn into tinctures anymore even after I dry and powder them. Not having this problem with viper sacs, but personally I find the stingers make better potions .

Boards are OOC. Please say the word poison.

Poison.

Besides, you're not even being remotely subtle about it other than a single word substitution.
Re: Moruryn stingers 12/26/2009 07:50 PM CST
Aren't the poisons considered a secret? I seem to recall that posting about the mechanics of making them to be a moderatable subject.

-Evran

* Prophet Hotoke Fuku-Nyorai snuck out of the shadow he was hiding in.
Re: Moruryn stingers 12/26/2009 07:58 PM CST
As far as I know they are still one of those things that aren't supposed to be discussed too freely on ye olde boards.

-- Player of Szrael --

"Necromancy is Bad" (GM Armifer)
Re: Moruryn stingers 12/26/2009 08:08 PM CST
A couple things:

I was told to post my issue here by a GameHost.

I'm not asking how to do it, or discussing the complete process. The process for making a tincture is not a secret.

I just want to know if anyone else is able to use these stingers properly, as they are not working for me currently and they used to.
Re: Moruryn stingers 12/26/2009 10:37 PM CST
just need to ask, you are sure your part ratio is correct, yes? 1 part stinger to 4 parts alcohol? and did you try dried not powdered, or even not dried or crushed?
Re: Moruryn stingers 12/26/2009 10:53 PM CST
Ratio is correct, there are no labels on the jars (I've even gotten new jars and alcohol.)

So far I've only done dried and powdered, and dried and crushed. Maybe they need to be undried? That seems odd.
Re: Moruryn stingers 12/27/2009 07:00 AM CST
I haven't tried in a bit, but I had the same problem with another type. Didn't matter what I did with it it would -not- do what it was supposed to do once in the tincture jar. Dried/crushed, crushed/dried, ratios were all correct and triple checked.
Re: Moruryn stingers 12/27/2009 07:57 AM CST
1) did you count the stingers before you went to dry them?
2) did you wait the full 10 minutes between shakes?

the ratios really don't matter...

>stop j'loing up the thread

>~Arwinia
Re: Moruryn stingers 12/27/2009 10:35 AM CST
With the amount of bugs in the substance system it really isn't worth the effort until the mech lore rewrite.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Moruryn stingers 12/27/2009 07:42 PM CST
I always count them, at every step. When I loot them, put them in a pyramid, go to crush them, anytime. I've had that problem before.

And yea, I waited the full ten minutes :( I don't know, I think I'll throw them all out and get new ones.