Khri questions... 10/08/2008 12:57 PM CDT
I'll try to be as discrete as possible in order to not divulge what I can.

Essentially as I'm climbing up the circle ladder I've gotten to the point where I have a relatively decent amount of Cookies I can use, and I am collecting the ones I want/need for combos.

Now in more than one place I've read that our "most basic of meditations" makes the remainder of our cookies last longer in duration. Is this true? And if so, how exactly should I put it up... that is, should I put it up first (IE start x, wait for roundtime, then start the one I want to last longer)? Or should I just put it up in front of the combo and do it all at the same time? (IE, start x combo all in one line)?

Second, is there any real difference if I utilize the "name" of a combo or if I list out all of its separate components one at a time?

Third, does the order in which you put up each separate component actually matter? That is, is Start x y z the same as start z y x?

Finally, which are the best ones to put up for carving lockpicks? I'm really close to making my own masters, and I've tried different combos, but I'll carve one pick and have it be 2 or 3 levels lower than a previous carve using the same combo...

I'm pretty sure I've found answers to some of these in the past, but I can't for the life of me find out where it was, and after looking for a good 45 minutes I've decided to just ask. Hope I haven't been too forward about our secrets...

Thanks for any help everyone has in advance, and apologies if any/all of these are questions which have been answered several times, but I wouldn't ask if I could find my answers on the boards (WTB Search Function).
Re: Khri questions... 10/08/2008 01:14 PM CDT
<<Now in more than one place I've read that our "most basic of meditations" makes the remainder of our cookies last longer in duration. Is this true? And if so, how exactly should I put it up... that is, should I put it up first (IE start x, wait for roundtime, then start the one I want to last longer)? Or should I just put it up in front of the combo and do it all at the same time? (IE, start x combo all in one line)?>>

yes true. Khri duration is based off of concentration. Both focus and calm increase concentration. They should be put up first, than the khri you want to use. Easy to test, just put it em up and hit Khri Check to see duration, try it on the same line and check time again.

<<Second, is there any real difference if I utilize the "name" of a combo or if I list out all of its separate components one at a time?>>

nope. just that you can't have a khri up that is a pillar of a combo and try and use the combo name.

<<Third, does the order in which you put up each separate component actually matter? That is, is Start x y z the same as start z y x?>>

Nope. Z said he coded it so that the khri on the same line would go up in the most advantageous way.

<<Finally, which are the best ones to put up for carving lockpicks?>>

I'd say Secure (plus Focus, Calm and Guile if you can). But I'd say Secure as the carving khri since the combo boosts the effects of each individual khri supporting it, you are getting a bigger boost.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Khri questions... 10/08/2008 01:23 PM CDT
Excellent, thanks for the quick reply Yamcer, and the Khri Check verb was one that I didn't know. I believe that is going to make all things Cookie Oriented much easier to track for me.