Khri Quesions! 06/15/2008 04:12 PM CDT
Just interested in various thoughts for must have and perhaps even should avoid Khris. Also, for Khri that give a skill buff, do we know if this gives a learning penalty? Such as if I use darken when hiding in front of a mob I just barely learn from, do I no longer learn from said mob with Darken up?

Thanks as always!

Shadows

P.S. While I'm thinking about it; can anyone give more details on how shadowstep actually works as it is not 100 percent clear in the information I have found thus far.
Re: Khri Quesions! 06/15/2008 04:32 PM CDT
<3 Shadowstep.

H>
adv anor
*You slip through the shadows to quickly advance upon your foe.*
You begin to stealthily advance on Anor.

From unengaged to pole range.
Re: Khri Quesions! 06/15/2008 04:32 PM CDT
>> Also, for Khri that give a skill buff, do we know if this gives a learning penalty? Such as if I use darken when hiding in front of a mob I just barely learn from, do I no longer learn from said mob with Darken up?

You will still learn just the same. Using Khri's to buff up your skills with never hinder you from learning as you normally would. I'm going to say most if not all combat/stealth calc's for EXP awarding will always go off your base number of ranks, not reflecting any current boosts.

>> P.S. While I'm thinking about it; can anyone give more details on how shadowstep actually works as it is not 100 percent clear in the information I have found thus far.

You put Khri shadowstep up. Hide. Start advancing on your target and it will automatically start you from pole ranged advancing to Melee. Handy when you need to strike and strike now, or you're underhunting for boxes and you wanna be a slaughter-machine.

~Dreamricti Surmevarti
Malzard says, "Decisions on genocide should be left to those with souls."
Re: Khri Quesions! 06/15/2008 04:50 PM CDT
For the khri you want to know, the best advice is go for the combos that you want to use:
Secure, Skulk, Speed, Spar, Cunning and Prescience

once you get the combos you want you can pick and choose which other khri to get after that.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Khri Quesions! 06/15/2008 07:25 PM CDT
So shadowstep is pretty much pointless when in an indoors hunting area where the same thing happens without a khri (well, sort of, since you go from unengaged directly to melee)? Or does it speed that up as well?

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Khri Quesions! 06/15/2008 08:33 PM CDT
yeah, the only time i use it in the manor <raiders> is on the very top floor, where you don't start out at pole, but at missle. i guess because the top floor has access to the sky.

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>