Ranger title requirements 04/28/2008 10:57 AM CDT
Anyone know why I can be a Sojourner (20 scouting/perception) but not a Leaf Chaser (15 scouting/perception/foraging)? I have 27 foraging and obviously my perception/"scouting" are good enough.
Re: Ranger title requirements 04/28/2008 12:13 PM CDT
Hmm, I also can't be a Wildling, and according to Elanthipedia, that one should be fine too. There must be some limit I'm not aware of? I've gotta stop looking at the title list, now; it's depressing me. ^_~
Re: Ranger title requirements 05/04/2008 07:39 AM CDT
Well... I somehow earned Leaf Chaser, which is good. Don't know what tipped it over, though. I still don't have Wildling and should (reqs: 25 Scouting, 10 Animal Lore).

I tried to track down some people in-game and chat with them about the titles they have, and I heard these suggestions:

- The substitute for Scouting on titles that also require Perception is Backstabbing. However, I had more than enough of that.

- The substitute is Escaping. But I only have 4 of that so far, and I did get Leaf Chaser.

- Stats, especially Charisma. But I didn't train any of them between not having the title and then having it.

None of the people I talked to who picked guilds other than Ranger to play with said that they had any similar problems with figuring out how to get their goal titles. Some of the people said they had dozens of circles (why does no one want to tell me what circle they are? heh), skills way over the point of the _ Wisp titles, and still no _ Wisp titles. That depresses me, as those are the titles I "joined" rangers for and was planning to work toward.

So I guess I'm concluding that titles that require both Scouting may have some strange substitution involved. Perhaps a combination of something? An accidental zero coded in? (It does seem to only apply to the newer Ranger titles.) I may just be obsessive-compulsive about this, but having a concrete goal to work toward makes me very happy. Even having a numberless, "get X skill higher" goal would be better.
Re: Ranger title requirements 05/04/2008 02:22 PM CDT
Ranger

Perception at 140% was substituted for the Scouting requirement. Other Stealth skills were substituted where necessary at 130%. Scholarship at 130% was used in place of Animal Lore, and Charisma is used for spells and Beseeches. Other Survival skills are kept identical.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: Ranger title requirements 05/04/2008 02:34 PM CDT
<<Perception at 140% was substituted for the Scouting requirement. Other Stealth skills were substituted where necessary at 130%. Scholarship at 130% was used in place of Animal Lore, and Charisma is used for spells and Beseeches. Other Survival skills are kept identical.>>

This is wrong a lot of the time. It seems to apply to most of the old titles, but the new ones are sometimes completely different.

Good luck figuring them out Bluefrog, my experience is that if there is scouting and perception required by the ranger title, we'll have perception and (insert random other survival here). Sometimes it seems to be stealing, sometimes backstab, other times it will throw stalking and hiding in there even when it's not included in the ranger requirement at all. The % thing isn't right either, sometimes that will apply to only part of the requirement, i.e. you'll need % of the stated hiding but only equal ranks in stalking etc.

If the title requires magic or spells of any sort, most times that seems to be substituted by charisma, but again it doesn't seem to be a hard rule.
Re: Ranger title requirements 05/04/2008 07:04 PM CDT
Devan, what I was trying to get across in my posts is that I know those listed reqs and substitutions and they're not working right.

Thank you for your comments, Straike! Perhaps it was stealing that pushed Leaf Chaser over. I'm close to stealing at 140% for Wildling; if I get that then, I'll probably post again. ^_~