Ratha Abilities? 05/02/2019 02:44 PM CDT
So my circle 26 thief is being sent over to Ratha to learn some ability from the GL there. (He gets passports because he's f2p and all that jazz.)

The problem is... when he gets there there's nothing for him.

Asks about lots of things, and nothing... then he gets desperate and asks about pretty much everything, and still nothing.

He can probably obtain another passport now (or soon), and I'm wondering: Is there some tricky syntax He'm missing that's different from other abilities? (i.e. magic)

Any ideas on the ability he seems to be missing?
Re: Ratha Abilities? 05/02/2019 07:07 PM CDT
I think the syntax is on the wiki on that ability's page. You're likely missing the word 'choose' if what's there is correct.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Ambush_Stun
Re: Ratha Abilities? 05/03/2019 03:31 AM CDT

I assumed that we could now learn ambushes from anyone... but I'm obviously wrong as Kalag thinks I'm wasting his time. Thanks for that!

If it's stun that I'm going there for, then my problem is that I don't want to learn stun... Anyone know whether it's possible to get the ability quest over and done with without actually learning the ability? (Because getting to Ratha is super annoying)
Re: Ratha Abilities? 05/05/2019 01:29 PM CDT
I'm not aware of any ability quests? But you can unlearn khri and since ambushes fall under the same slot system, i'm assuming you can do the same with ambushes?
Re: Ratha Abilities? 05/06/2019 12:15 AM CDT
I'm pretty sure it's the ambush stun that is sending him over to Ratha since those (used to be?) taught by specific guild leaders and you couldn't learn them from other thieves like with khri since f2p became a thing. It might be that changed in the recent move to slots and the quest and visa are a hold over from then if you can just learn the ambuses from any guild leader now.
Re: Ratha Abilities? 05/06/2019 11:49 AM CDT
Ambushes are still taught only by a specific GL.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.