Haven Guild really? 07/13/2018 04:09 PM CDT
I finally decided to take my young Thief to cities other than Crossing, and headed up to Haven to find the guild. I found the guy for the thing, then started searching as I knew we had to do....

I know it is a secret and I am fine with that, but this is beyond frustrating. Over an hour now and I finally turned my search into a Genie script because it was so mind-numbing. I am not 30th Circle, so cannot use Contact.

Any ideas? Has this changed again? I have moved around town completely (trying to keep it vague) and found nobody. All I really want is to hit up Crow for a Khri.

Why is this made so frustrating? It really shouldn't take scripting to get to the guild.
Re: Haven Guild really? 07/13/2018 04:40 PM CDT
They don't move quite that fast, you might have been missing a location or two.
Re: Haven Guild really? 07/13/2018 09:09 PM CDT
Agreed, one pass should be all that's required. A script is highly recommended though, because it is a bit tedious otherwise.
Re: Haven Guild really? 07/14/2018 06:39 PM CDT
funny because I did them all several times manually...but just got tired of the running around and started making a script.

I'll try again today, I just wanted to be sure it was still the same routine. :)
Re: Haven Guild really? 07/14/2018 08:19 PM CDT
What we're saying is that if you hit them all manually, and then you scripted hitting them, you either were missing a bolt-hole, or you weren't going all the way into the proper room. I think there's 7-8 of them.

You're not doing something odd like going to get your password after each use, are you?
Re: Haven Guild really? 07/16/2018 04:27 PM CDT
No, just going to each location, going in and then coming back out. I wonder if I wasn't going in far enough? That would really drive me crazy :P I spent a lot of time so far fruitlessly if so.
Re: Haven Guild really? 07/16/2018 06:32 PM CDT
I just noticed this:

search shad
You pat yourself down looking for something!

Shadow is the first part of my name...so obviously it isn't actually getting me to where I want to be. Anyone know how I work around that?
Re: Haven Guild really? 07/16/2018 06:57 PM CDT

use search shadows instead of letting the parser get its grubby little paws on your name?
Re: Haven Guild really? 07/16/2018 07:31 PM CDT
Thanks for the help, I was finally able to find them! I think I just had back luck in that they were in the one place I kept missing the search on :)