pointing out and consent 07/18/2017 01:44 PM CDT
I recently heard that its official policy that pointing someone out from hiding is considered consent for them to attack you. Does anyone know if thats true? Its not something that would affect me very often, but on occasion it would. Im looking for any pertinent information regarding this.

So, does anyone know whats going on with that?

Sok Masticack Dwarven Thief and Musparan Sandrat Extrodinaire
Re: pointing out and consent 07/18/2017 02:28 PM CDT
>>I recently heard that its official policy that pointing someone out from hiding is considered consent for them to attack you.

There are always exceptions*, but doing things that can hinder someone or put them at risk is generally seen as consent.

(*Going into someone's hunting room or the gem shop, hiding, then attacking if they point you out is probably not the best idea.)

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: pointing out and consent 07/18/2017 07:38 PM CDT
This has been a thing for a long time. It has also always been an issue that requires interpretation on a case by case basis, on the part of staff and players. Person points you out of hiding one time? Probably not consent (unless it was a point to get you out in the open so they could attack/rob you - in which case, you've got consent of another sort). Someone coming in to a place where you've been, and repeatedly pointing you out of hiding after you've said "Hey, if you do that again, I'm going to stab you." and you're getting in to clearer consent areas. (Also, if this IS a situation you're finding yourself in, do everyone a favor and use your WARN options.)

Iocanthe
Doing stuff