A word to the wise, armor isn't the only thing that can hinder your stealing 12/12/2008 10:48 AM CST
I haven't been down to Shard in ages. Being rather hungry, I decided to get myself a snack. However, I encountered something I'd never seen in previous visits.....

>steal apple
Casually, you approach a bright red apple....
Your spiked knuckles hinders your attempt.
With cautious care, you reach down and grab one when no one is looking.
(Roundtime: 8 seconds.)
>eat my apple

You take a bite of the apple.

OOC, the brawling weapons you wear on your knuckles can hinder your stealing. So take 'em off. Even though I've NEVER once gotten the "hinderance" message for stealing anything from any sort of other shops.
Re: A word to the wise, armor isn't the only thing that can hinder your stealing 12/12/2008 01:34 PM CST
I figured that was common knowledge... and if you didn't get the message then you hadn't been paying close enough attention.. I always had gotten the message when something hindered me..

report: not sure if this is a problem.. but there are two sentinel Kristef's on the streets.

SEND[Abasha] That's not Kristef, that's his evil twin, um... Kristeff. Anyway thanks for the heads up!
Re: A word to the wise, armor isn't the only thing that can hinder your stealing 12/12/2008 05:16 PM CST
i'd gotten messages about various pieces of armor hindering - but never about the knuckles, as they aren't armor.
Re: A word to the wise, armor isn't the only thing that can hinder your stealing 12/12/2008 06:02 PM CST
I'm pretty sure I've always had messaging on my brawling gear, why I take it off before every run.

Jalika

Moving carefully, you slip your hand into Ragran's pockets and carefully grab a platinum.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
Re: A word to the wise, armor isn't the only thing that can hinder your stealing 12/23/2008 02:26 AM CST
Brawling knuckles have always hindered stealing.