Regarding Elec 01/18/2014 09:23 AM CST

You sniveling little, snot licking, rotten, stinking, troll sniffing, sluagh kissing, useless, tail-less, unstealthy, poor excuse for a barbarian wannabe, over-training, under-appreciated elven CENSORED.

Eye HATE Yew.

Discuss...

"You can have anything the world offers, so long as you have the strength to take it, the skill to steal it or the nerve to kill for it."

Dusk, Chosen of Damaris
Re: Regarding Elec 01/18/2014 11:58 AM CST
>Discuss

I am not a school child, and you are not a smarmy english instructor. You have neither the right now the privilege to command me to do anything.
Re: Regarding Elec 01/20/2014 02:30 AM CST

The Thief guild has just hit a new low.

im seeing a group of 8 yr olds looking over their shoulder at each other and giggling in the computer lab at school.

Rifkinn
Re: Regarding Elec 01/20/2014 09:26 PM CST
I thought your restraining order said you weren't supposed to be around kids anymore....

:)

"You can have anything the world offers, so long as you have the strength to take it, the skill to steal it or the nerve to kill for it."

Dusk, Chosen of Damaris
Re: Regarding Elec 01/21/2014 12:29 PM CST
Clearly you're looking for some excitement, and I cannot blame you. Instead, I offer a suggestion, Set yourself open (assuming you for some reason haven't already, if you have, kudos), find an Arkarm, declare Jihad upon the family. The good news, no longer bored. The better news, the rest of us get to watch.

Welcome back

Samsaren
Re: Regarding Elec 01/21/2014 01:43 PM CST

>>The better news, the rest of us get to watch.

There is nothing like being the reason why people eat popcorn, you feel like your life has a purpose.

Rifkinn
Re: Regarding Elec 01/21/2014 03:27 PM CST
Originally, I posted to see if Elec was in the realms still, apparently he is not anymore.

With that being said... im not sure what the other posts were meaning, if there was any at all. I am, however, always game for throwing retaliatory barrages in defense of myself when I feel slighted.

My posting kung-fu is strong.

Dusk, Chosen of Damaris
Re: Regarding Elec 01/22/2014 07:03 AM CST
welcome back dusk!

wait, that wasn't conflicty.

oh well. I suck at conflicts anyway. :-)

schvartz's puppeteer

<<If I can't cast thunderclap, you can't summon the dark lord of the abyss to devour the flesh of the innocent>>
Re: Regarding Elec 01/23/2014 10:07 PM CST
I'm here... Kinda. The wife and I had a baby and she is far more entertaining. The only reason I found this is because someone told me about it. I haven't logged in in months.

With the new thief crap, I don't even feel like screwing with it. It's almost everything I feared it would be. So, I'm just kind of deciding what to do at this point. Welcome back... Again. I'm still around on IM's. It's better we talk there where there's no censorship.

Next time find me there. I don't know how much longer I'll bother.

Beast Elec Drister

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here."
―Jayne Cobb

MM1 (EXW) -USN 1999-present
Re: Regarding Elec 01/23/2014 10:41 PM CST
<<I thought your restraining order said you weren't supposed to be around kids anymore....>>

Love this thread will be mad when it's made to end...probably soon.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Regarding Elec 02/08/2016 08:19 AM CST

I don't know if this message board is still open but what the heck - seems the place for it. What's the best overall strategy for running and hiding from a high level player chasing you down? Can Moonies locate you anywhere? What's the most effective PvP strategy for us?

I got killed in PvP yesterday first time since I've started again and it was actually completely unprovoked. That said - I've never reported a player and probably never will. Short of being repeat killed and graverobbed. What I'm more interested in is how I should train to defend myself... I play the assassin's game and keep PVP open. It just is more exciting for me that way. Even if a god Mage blows me to pieces because he doesn't like garbage on the floor (and it wasn't garbage) it is definitely a character building experience.

Ok so if this thread if open would love suggestions. Support. Backup. Thanks
Re: Regarding Elec 02/08/2016 09:03 AM CST
First, it's better off to start a new thread rather than respond to an old thread with something that has nothing to do with the original post.

Second, if you are PvP Open then anyone can kill you for any reason as many times as they like and if you report to the GM's about it they will tell you tough luck. The only caveat is if it becomes harassment, and that would take you using the WARN verb multiple times while still being killed constantly. Basically if you were not able to play for a day, or more, that might become harassment, but anything short of that you have to live with. Also, graverobbing is not against policy. Check out DEPART HELP to make sure you never leave items to be GRed.

Now for your question. The only thing you can do is run and hide in a passage or the guild, or find someone bigger than them to help you out. When it comes to combat we have great offense in Backstab, but defensively we are weak. Stealth or running is about the only options you have. If you don't already have Silence I would recommend you pick it up soon as it would benefit your playstyle very much.

As for ways to train, train Stealth heavily as it's our best defense and find yourself a good set of cloth/leather armor since it's the lowest stealth hinderance, and once you have more skill Dampen will reduce the stealth hinderance to nothing if you are in full light armor. Backstab is our best offense and the damage is made even better if you win the stealth contest by a lot so train Small Edged, Backstab, and Stealth heavily. Finally all defenses are equally important but Evasion is still the best defense since it defends against everything, and it's a in our primary skillset.

The best advice I can give you is learn when to run and when to fight, and learn to take a death gracefully because I see many in your future.

P.S.: Train as many weapons as you can stand and all armors in combat. Stats are very important in PvP and the more TDPs you have the better of you are.
Re: Regarding Elec 02/08/2016 09:11 AM CST

You made a friend of a cleric, that is never a bad thing and pretty much eliminates the risk of grave robbing if i am around. Mage's don't keep buffs up all the time, patience and backstab when used together are exceptionally strong....

The feeble old swamp shaman
Re: Regarding Elec 02/08/2016 09:18 AM CST
Just an overall forum related suggestion -- start a new thread next time. Unless it was Elec who killed and grave robbed you.

<< it was actually completely unprovoked

Just being open is reason enough. You're still relatively unknown but if you keep up what you're doing, pretty soon you will be on everyone's kill-on-sight list (won't take long to piss off all 200 people). Most people you steal and run away from have HLC alts or friends more than willing to kill people like you. It's tough to bait consent these days with everyone knowing their rights and a noob gone open is practically a gift from god.

<< how I should train to defend myself

Even if you cough up 1000 ranks in every skill right this moment it wouldn't make much of a difference. You would be surprised what kind of ranks people are operating with these days. I would say hide out in the den but there are plenty of HLC thieves around who couldn't care less about your guild connections. Even so if you keep stealing from other thieves, most of them aren't going to tolerate it.

There are khri you could use to avoid being located but i doubt you will make any hunt/spot checks. I think maybe some of the less used guild passages might be your best bet and non-violence areas (like town green if i remember correctly).
Re: Regarding Elec 02/08/2016 09:21 AM CST
Forgot to add this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonrealms/comments/39u98r/huge_badasss_guide_to_pvp/

Some super useful tips by Raikage, the best PVPer in the world.
Re: Regarding Elec 02/08/2016 09:35 AM CST
>>Some super useful tips by Raikage, the best PVPer in the world.

Please don't take that link seriously and follow it. None of that will help you and will more than likely get you chain-killed often or get you locked Open by the GMs.