Please don't AFK script in the guild lounge 11/18/2009 12:42 AM CST
Dust bunnies and scraps of cloth can be gathered in other rooms nearby. Juggling will work there too.
Re: Please don't AFK script in the guild lounge 11/18/2009 01:49 AM CST
Hey Baudo, stop harassing newbies.
Re: Please don't AFK script in the guild lounge 11/18/2009 08:25 AM CST
I never thought I'd see the day, but Paladin Conflicts are better reading than this sorry folder.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Please don't AFK script in the guild lounge 11/18/2009 08:34 AM CST
Hey in all fairness, I never harassed anyone over this. I just came here and asked nicely that people not do that.
Re: Please don't AFK script in the guild lounge 11/18/2009 08:35 AM CST
>>Hey in all fairness, I never harassed anyone over this. I just came here and asked nicely that people not do that.

I think he was referring to you allegedly dragging Shadowburst to the inn and threatening to kill him if he didn't change his name.
Re: Please don't AFK script in the guild lounge 11/18/2009 08:57 AM CST
I think you're right. But the, uh, higher powers that be have set me on the straight and narrow where it comes to that particular issue/incident.

Names in bad taste, however bad, are acceptable. Sigh.
Re: Please don't AFK script in the guild lounge 11/18/2009 09:11 AM CST
I'd rather people forage than avoid it like the plague. Also... people need to be wary of griefing serial pot stirrers.
Re: Please don't AFK script in the guild lounge 11/18/2009 09:17 AM CST
Oh, no worries Trinean. I'm not too proud to say I've learned my lesson in that respect.
Re: Please don't AFK script in the guild lounge 11/22/2009 08:35 AM CST
For what it's worth, I'm new to DR, one of my characters is a thief, and Baudo helped me out a few days ago.
Re: Please don't AFK script in the guild lounge 01/19/2010 09:23 PM CST
I have been new, and most of the new people that came on board with me learned about Scripting later... Using scripts tends to be done by people with at least a little bit of experience in how things work...

Just suggesting that the likely culprit(s) could be young or old... As well, once again restating I am new, and using the forums has been a little tricky, not hugely problematic, but something that I have taken some time to go through and figure out the somewhat different style it is set within.

Just saying...

As well over all, I'd like to see less AFK scripting anywhere.

Thanks.
Re: Please don't AFK script in the guild lounge 01/20/2010 07:47 AM CST
Do they no longer teach the proper uses of ellipses in schools these days? This isn't necessarily directed at you Shadow. You at least used it correctly after "Just saying". It's just something I've noticed lately that a lot of people tend to use them instead of commas and periods.
Re: Please don't AFK script in the guild lounge 01/20/2010 08:40 AM CST
>>Do they no longer teach the proper uses of ellipses in schools these days? This isn't necessarily directed at you Shadow. You at least used it correctly after "Just saying". It's just something I've noticed lately that a lot of people tend to use them instead of commas and periods.

They are overused. . .

You drop some gum.

Jaedren picks up some dirt-coated gum.

Jaedren begins chewing the gum.

Jaedren suddenly fades away.

You say, "Oh gross."
Re: Please don't AFK script in the guild lounge 01/20/2010 09:53 AM CST
thank you for replying to this 5 year old thread

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Please don't AFK script in the guild lounge 01/20/2010 09:54 AM CST
I agree with the overused statement.

I tend to use them, when I am trying to suggest that I may not have said everything, or am not sure if I should place more down in a certain part.

In fact, I never was taught in school exactly what ellipses (if that is what a group of three periods is...).

On another though related note, I learned -possibly- that ellipses are three periods strung together like this [...] today.
Re: Please don't AFK script in the guild lounge 01/20/2010 10:02 AM CST
Ellipses indicate a trailing thought, a long pause or an omission of a word or words. They're most commonly used in quotes to indicate that you're removing a portion of the quote.
Re: Please don't AFK script in the guild lounge 01/20/2010 10:47 AM CST
<<Ellipses...commonly...indicate that you're...removing a portion of the quote.

FTFY
Re: Please don't AFK script in the guild lounge 01/20/2010 10:57 AM CST
<<Ellipses...commonly...indicate that you're...removing a portion of the quote.

I totally read that with Captain Kirk saying it in my head.

Necromancy brings out the Stupid in us all. -Armifer
Re: Please don't AFK script in the guild lounge 01/20/2010 12:27 PM CST
>>I totally read that with Captain Kirk saying it in my head.

I LOL'ed

~Dalkin and his driver Jim~
Re: Please don't AFK script in the guild lounge 01/21/2010 04:06 PM CST
There's some...thing! Some......thing, out on the wing!