Prev_page Previous 1
Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 01:40 PM CDT
Yesterday I pulled a mean trick and got a young bard to hand over his gem pouches thinking I was a trader. Back in the Den, this other random thief I had never seen before asked me to give them back, she actually asked me to give them to her to give back. I said no but slipped the pouches back in the bards hands later on. When she spoke to me, I noticed she had her bow out. Today she sends a contact, finds me in the Empath guild, and starts asking me if we have a problem (I marked and chuckled at her earlier). This is what happened

Maarena says, "I'm afraid at the time you displeased my employer, you tried to engage me earlier I wondered if we have a

problem.

You say, "I think we have a small problem that can soon be resolved for good."

You step up to Maarena and say, "I challenge you to The Pain in a contest of skill!"

Maarena grins at you.

You grin at Maarena.

Asrea says, "Outside folks."

You take a quick glance at Maarena, briefly assessing her perception compared to your overall abilities.
She should not prove too difficult to act against.

You say, "Will do."

You say, "Let's do this."

Maarena asks, "I don't do challenges, you afraid of a little fine?"

You say, "Nope."

Maarena has allowed your challenge to go unanswered!

You say, "No challenge is fine."

Rogue Maarena just went east.

>east

>out

[The Crossing, Magen Road]
Obvious paths: east, south, west.

You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved.
Roundtime: 2 sec.

You come out of hiding.
You search around for a moment.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
You notice Maarena, who is quite obviously attempting to remain hidden.

>point mar
(oops!)

I could not find what you were referring to.

You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved.

Maarena comes out of hiding.

You notice Maarena slip into a hiding place.

>point maa
(a ha!)

You point at Maarena, ruining her hiding place.
Roundtime: 1 sec.

You begin to advance on Maarena.

Maarena attempts to retreat from combat, but clearly doesn't see you.

You silently slip out a short sword from a deep sable three-forked sword belt with brass buckles and fittings.

Rogue Maarena just went east.

You sneak east...

Also here: Rogue Maarena.
Obvious paths: north, east, west.

You close to pole weapon range on Maarena.

Rogue Maarena just went west.

You sneak west...

Also here: Father Belchior.

You have lost sight of your target, so you stop advancing.

You come out of hiding.
You search around for a moment.

You don't find anything of interest here.

You peer west and see ...

[The Crossing, Flamethorn Way]
Obvious paths: north, east.

You sneak west...

[The Crossing, Flamethorn Way]
Obvious paths: north, east.

You slowly work your way toward Maarena to follow her silently.

You notice Maarena slip into a hiding place.

It seems you lost Maarena somewhere.

You begin to stealthily advance on Maarena.

Out of the corner of your eye, you notice Maarena trying to sneak east.

You sneak east...

Also here: Rogue Maarena who is hiding, Father Belchior.

(huh?)

You close to melee range on Maarena.

You slip out of concealment and backstab Maarena!
Moving as one fluid extension of power, you thrust a short sword at Maarena. Maarena attempts to evade, taking the full

blow. The sword lands an apocalyptic strike (So that's what it felt like when Grazhir shattered!) that skewers a perfect

hole between the shoulder blades (Heart Burn!).
* Maarena was just struck down!

* Maarena is slain before your eyes!
Maarena's forester's bow falls to the ground.

And off to jail I go!

Really needs to learn to mind her own business (unless that trader was her alt/friend?)

This is where it gets good.

She couldn't finish the her own fight that she came looking for, so she then hires a much bigger thief to hunt me down. I go inviso, find her in the Cleric guild, and procede to talk s(tuff) and find out if she's going to send a bunch of goons after me (yes). Her assassin (hired for 25 plat!) comes in, searches me out of inviso, and takes two shots with a bow to knock me out and let me bleed to death (lame!). We all have a good laugh and call it even. She did manage to kill the empath healing her, so not a total failure I guess.

Go train.
Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 01:48 PM CDT
zzz.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 01:51 PM CDT
I find this a waste of a post and nothing fitting of this folder.

>stop j'loing up the thread

>~Arwinia
Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 02:03 PM CDT
Can't please everyone all the time.
Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 02:08 PM CDT
Basically you knew you out classed her combatwise and still killed her anyways?

Well that must have been fun. You can't tell but I am rolling my eyes contemptuously.

Player of Drevid

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 02:12 PM CDT
"Basically you knew you out classed her combatwise and still killed her anyways?"

And to your questions yes and yes.

The point is that she came looking for me, I had no intention of interacting with her, certainly not hunting her down with contacts and making not-so-subtle threats. She agreed to a fight, and when it didn't go her way she called in big brother to do it for her.

That is all.
Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 02:13 PM CDT
>>You take a quick glance at Maarena, briefly assessing her perception compared to your overall abilities.
>>She should not prove too difficult to act against.

ZzZZzZZzZZzZZz

~Arwinia

http://www.llbbl.com/data/RPG-motivational/target262.html
Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 03:07 PM CDT
Yeah yeah I understand that, Arwinia.

I'm not trying to knock her on her fighting skills, I'm just pointing out the lameness of picking a fight over something that doesn't concern you and then not being able to swallow your lumps when you lose.
Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 03:14 PM CDT
yeah but

>>We all have a good laugh and call it even.

It doesn't look like that was really the case, if you guys had fun with it then it shouldn't much matter really. She took her beating, you took a beating, you guys laughed at the empath dying, sounds more entertaining than watching people afk script at the ne gate.

~Arwinia

Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 03:17 PM CDT
Well suffice it to say I have mixed feeling over it?
Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 03:23 PM CDT
>>Well suffice it to say I have mixed feeling over it?

Fair enough, hire someone to beat down the thief that beat you down? Make it a fun chain of death. The more bodies the better imo.

~Arwinia

Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 05:49 PM CDT
>>I'm just pointing out the lameness of picking a fight over something that doesn't concern you and then not being able to swallow your lumps when you lose.

I don't see the problem. You stole from someone in a very blatant manner and apparently word spread. It sounds like you're the one not taking your lumps, not the bard or thief.
Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 05:58 PM CDT
I see why you might think that Asperity, but . . .

The bard did fine, he called me out on the gweth but didn't beg for his pouches back. I had some heart and gave them back later anyway. A thief in my own guildhall sticks her nose in my business and has a weapon drawn in the den ready to shoot me over a prank I pulled on someone she doesn't even know.

Later, she comes looking for me again, with her bow in hand again, making threatening noises about how I've upset mysterious people she represents because . . . well because I stole from someone, which is apparently offensive (???). She agrees to a fight, loses, then gets her big friend to come kill me. Now at this point do I report for unconsented killing? No, I chide her IC for cravenly, and for reasons I find bizarre, hiring someone to fight her fight for her.

The end result is that we've all become friends. Her husband tracked me down and said we should hang because he doesn't meet enough people who will have fun fights and not report, and offered me a forged weapon as a peace offering.

I think they're alright, but I still don't get why she was upset with my prank, or why she came ready for a fight probably knowing I would kill her and if that's the case, why so vengeful she'd hire an assassin? My suspicion is she knew she would lose and only baited me to get an excuse to hire big brother.
Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 06:53 PM CDT
and furthermore, Asperity . . .

"You stole from someone in a very blatant manner and apparently word spread."

I stole from someone in a very awesome manner - instead of using superior ranks to sneakily steal one or two gems, I used superior role-play and guile to get my mark to give me about 150 gems willingly - and word spread. It baffles me that another thief thinks this is an offense punishable by death.
Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 06:54 PM CDT
>>A thief in my own guildhall sticks her nose in my business and has a weapon drawn in the den ready to shoot me over a prank I pulled on someone she doesn't even know.

I was once killed for stealing from people at the northeast gate, by the only person I didn't steal from. He saw me and he disapproved of my actions toward people he didn't know. I didn't bring the conflict to an OOC folder because his reaction to the situation was perfectly IC.

My point is that your conflicts are not invite only - other people will involve themselves. I don't know why the other thief decided to be the hero, but she probably had a good reason. She failed miserably and, with a bruised ego, she hired an assassin. A+ IMO.
Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 06:57 PM CDT
Alright I guess we'll agree to disagree.

If that's how you feel then I hope you fail more in the future and find people willing to clean up your mess, since that's your thing.
Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 07:16 PM CDT
I remember the days when I'd do wetwork for 25 plat.

Wait, no I don't. People need to have a little more pride in themselves.

Sebastienne is wanted for murder, endangering the public, forbidden practices, and Crimes against the State.
Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 07:20 PM CDT
>>If that's how you feel then I hope you fail more in the future and find people willing to clean up your mess, since that's your thing.

My main character wouldn't be very open to the idea, but it's valid roleplay. I definitely wouldn't grumble to the forums if it happened to me because, well, I can accept the consequences of roleplaying a criminal.
Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 07:47 PM CDT
"it's valid roleplay."

"accept the consequences of roleplaying a criminal."

Yes and yes.

The salient point that you're missing, my friend, is that this is a case of one thief (criminal) trying to kill her brother thief she doesn't know for stealing from a non-thief (something I've been led to believe that thieves do) that doesn't know either of them. And I think that's fraking bizarre. Compounded with the disgrace of buying time from a HLC completely uninvolved in the matter to come revenge kill your fellow thief who pulled off an amusing minor heist and schooled you for your misguided attempt at heroics(?).

I don't think I can make it simpler than that.
Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 07:50 PM CDT
name the hlc

~Arwinia

Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 08:07 PM CDT
I try not to be a namer of names, but it started with 'Mor' and ended with 'kim'. I don't really blame him much, he accepted a nice payment to make an easy kill, my grudge is with her. If he cares to come forward and chuckle about killing me he's free to.
Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 08:11 PM CDT
lol Morkim's HLC?

~Arwinia

Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 08:13 PM CDT
"HL" used as a relative term, yes. I had no hope of harming him, he could easily walk in and shoot me down, it makes no difference whether he's circle 100 or 150.
Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 08:14 PM CDT
then by your theory a 15th circle is hlc to a circle 1

that's just not so

and lol 100th let alone lol 150th

~Arwinia

Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 08:15 PM CDT
DR is old but my character isn't. Some of us are still training our way up. And by my theory yes, if a circle 15 wants to come kill a circle 1, what's the novice going to be able to do about it? Here's a clue, I'm not even half way to 100th.
Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 08:18 PM CDT
I believe, neither is Morkim
Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 08:19 PM CDT
Well then he'd better look out.
Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 08:22 PM CDT
I thought I knew this guild better than that.

Nobody thinks it's strange for a thief to want to bring justice to her fellow thief for robbing a bard she doesn't know? I mean, come on . . .
Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 08:26 PM CDT
Its strange that someone picks a fight with you and then calls for help when it doesnt go their way.

Its not strange for a thief to want to punish another thief for bring unwanted attention to the guild, tho.
Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 08:39 PM CDT
>>Nobody thinks it's strange for a thief to want to bring justice to her fellow thief for robbing a bard she doesn't know? I mean, come on . . .

You created this entire situation. Instead of being disappointed with the amount of pity you received, why not kill Morkim or ask Mareena why she attempted to kill you? Better yet, do both. Then post logs.
Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 08:39 PM CDT
So by your logic we should all be out hunting each other when we get caught shoplifting or pickpocketing? When I get caught shoplifting the guild sends people to help me out by keeping things quiet.

If that's really how you feel, why don't you form a posse, go to the town green, and assassinate every thief who has their name displayed in public next to a crime.
Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 08:42 PM CDT
>You created this entire situation. Instead of being disappointed with the amount of pity you received, why not kill Morkim or ask Mareena why she attempted to kill you? Better yet, do both. Then post logs.

Heh, that's in the works. Might have to circle several times to get Morkim so don't be looking for that log today.

It's not about pity for me. I'm concerned over people not caring about a thief bringing a fight to another thief because they stole gems from a non-thief.
Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 08:43 PM CDT
>>It's not about pity for me. I'm concerned over people not caring about a thief bringing a fight to another thief because they stole gems from a non-thief.

Do you realize thieves have been banned from the guild for bringing negative attention on themselves and their guildmates?

~Arwinia

Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 08:52 PM CDT
now this

THIS

is what you should be posting

Edgee comes out of hiding.
Edgee fires a basilisk head arrow at Baudolino. The arrow lands a very heavy hit that removes his right arm cleanly at the elbow, knocking him completely senseless!
That would have stuck if there was anything left to stick to!
The basilisk head arrow falls to the ground!

Edgee searches frantically for some ammunition for his short bow.

Baudolino tries to back out of combat but is unable to get away from Edgee.

Edgee searches frantically for some ammunition for his short bow.

Edgee closes to melee range on Baudolino.

Baudolino rubs a silver ring engraved with the image of a moon and sun.
He suddenly disappears.

AHAHAHAHAHA 150TH BOUGHT TRASH EPIC FAIL

~Arwinia

Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 08:55 PM CDT
well that and the fact that Maarena is bonded to Juulmon who is using his other bought trash barb to fight in a brilliant display of mech abuse

~Arwinia

Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 08:57 PM CDT
Baudolino rubs a silver ring engraved with the image of a moon and sun.
He suddenly disappears.

AHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA I'M ALIIIIIIIVE! I'M ALIIIIIVE!
Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 09:01 PM CDT
. . . someone come drag me please
Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 09:02 PM CDT
where?

~Arwinia

Re: Way to fail at fighting for yourself 09/08/2009 09:03 PM CDT
Ahahah, I laughed.

Thanks Baud.

__
Join us in sharing information!
http://community.livejournal.com/drbookoftales/