Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/02/2009 08:53 AM CST
>well, since Silus only posted the smite and not what led to it, and he's posting it in the Thieves folder, lets presume it was a theft.

how did you gloss over the fact the might know the combat logger is a member of the thieves guild? :psyduck:

It'sa mea, a Kruglero
Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/02/2009 08:54 AM CST
>>2. This is one Rock used, it was annoying as hell to the thief, but it was RP'ed out well, he'd HALT and then lecture you for a long time if he caught you in his pockets.

and he would catch the thief how?

instead of prepepping smite and spamming it where you know he's about to go you preprep halt?

It looks like you're opposed to the conflict itself and not the action. Unfortunately not everybody feels it's necessary to hide in safe rooms and then report when the slide slips out of their favor. Sometimes people choose to RP it out, and whether or not you like it, PVP is a part of DR and is viable in roleplay.

~Arwinia

Thieves will continue to be dominated by the awesome power of the perceive health ability - that which causes rivers to dry up, babies to cry, and the earth to shake.
Stand back mortal, lest ye health be perceived.
-Ssra
Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/02/2009 09:01 AM CST
remember kids, crit failing a backstab and getting shot in the face for it then reporting > knowing how to PvP aka being a junkie.

It'sa mea, a Kruglero
Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/02/2009 09:49 AM CST
I'll kindly repost this deleted pearl with the problem area scrubbed.

> your RP'ed sworn ememy in the realms? or your RL sworn enemy? because your CHARACTER would have no idea what a "script" is.

this statement is so full of win. you started a sentence with becaus and it had nothing to do with the first 2 question. yes. I RP my character knows what a script is. you caught me. I'm gonna go qq and quit DR. Gonif hath slain me.

for the non illiterate: it was sarcasm. if you didn't have such a hard on for making me look bad maybe you'd even manage to lol once in a while.

While my character has no idea what a script is, he still understands you're about to pass through the area he's in at scrubbed fast speed.

Please grow up.

It'sa mea, a Kruglero
Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/02/2009 10:43 AM CST
<<1. Accusing to the guardhouse.
2. This is one Rock used, it was annoying as hell to the thief, but it was RP'ed out well, he'd HALT and then lecture you for a long time if he caught you in his pockets.
3. Justinian in plat used to brawl people to the ground, then drag 'em to the guardhouse.>>

Several things:

1. The conflict did not happen because of theft. Not sure where you got that from. Ravik and Triforce killed Silus beforehand. Silus was looking for them for payback.

2. I know paladins sans smite can be terrible at pvp, but are our options seriously limited to your examples above? Those are the lamest resolutions to being backstabbed/shot at that I've ever seen.

3. There are quite a few false assumptions in this thread from people who think they know what's going on. Fun.

4. The lameness on each side of this conflict to me speaks more about dr pvp mechanics rather than pvp playstyles.
Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/02/2009 11:26 AM CST
>4. The lameness on each side of this conflict to me speaks more about dr pvp mechanics rather than pvp playstyles.

wot?

It'sa mea, a Kruglero
Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/02/2009 03:27 PM CST
omg whhhhhhhhy!

but all qft:

<<It's no different than rubbing an inviso ring or turning a polo cloak and ambushing someone.>>

<<Triggers and macros are your best friend>>

<<Stalking someone around that can't see you until you get a good chance to ambush them when they don't know it's coming is no different.>>

:oP Ragran
Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/02/2009 04:02 PM CST
>1. The conflict did not happen because of theft. Not sure where you got that from. Ravik and Triforce killed Silus beforehand. Silus was looking for them for payback.

Now, if this had been said as a little background, maybe we wouldn't have had a long pointless thread. Yes, for me the situation matters, if that makes me a hipocrit, then so be it. With this info, I'd say find a more lethal spell (if you can).. shrugs (If I read this correct as being double-teamed) I would say have fun spamming whatever.. but go for the one-hit kill...

report: not sure if this is a problem.. but there are two sentinel Kristef's on the streets.

SEND[Abasha] That's not Kristef, that's his evil twin, um... Kristeff. Anyway thanks for the heads up!
Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/02/2009 04:12 PM CST
to those who are more sensitive to the range of tools available to players to employ for purposes of smiting an emeny:

the continuum runs from tools that are deliberately4 moral and fair, all the way to very game mechanic-based (spamming a room with CAST CAST CAST CAST till the mark walks in).

the problem is that we must assume that our adversaries will employ ALL available tools to defeat us. That continuum of tools is all within policy, and most exist, and are deliberately efficacious, by simu design.

traditionally its bad form to complain about HOW you were killed. the point to be made, at that fateful moment, as you shuffle off this mortal coil is, "CRAP! TEY GOT MEH! BAH!"

nothing more grave than that is going to help you. might as well laugh a lil.

Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/02/2009 04:27 PM CST
>>I would say have fun spamming whatever.. but go for the one-hit kill...

Smite Foe is probably the best one-hit kill spell in the game right now (even though it will be changing). Shows just how much you don't know, I guess.

Vinjince

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

- Sima Yi
Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/02/2009 04:37 PM CST
Did I ever claim to know anything about paladin spells? I never claimed to know what guild Silus was to begin with.

report: not sure if this is a problem.. but there are two sentinel Kristef's on the streets.

SEND[Abasha] That's not Kristef, that's his evil twin, um... Kristeff. Anyway thanks for the heads up!
Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/02/2009 04:49 PM CST
>>Did I ever claim to know anything about paladin spells? I never claimed to know what guild Silus was to begin with.

No, but you wouldn't look so silly by trying to give advice about something you apparently don't know anything about.

Vinjince

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

- Sima Yi
Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/02/2009 05:00 PM CST
funny.. I don't recall giving advice in this thread either....

Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/02/2009 05:13 PM CST
>>funny.. I don't recall giving advice in this thread either....

>>With this info, I'd say find a more lethal spell (if you can).. shrugs (If I read this correct as being double-teamed) I would say have fun spamming whatever.. but go for the one-hit kill...

???

Vinjince

- Sima Yi
Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/02/2009 05:18 PM CST
>funny.. I don't recall giving advice in this thread either....

Better change your password, someone has hacked your account.
Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/02/2009 06:15 PM CST
>>Now, if this had been said as a little background, maybe we wouldn't have had a long pointless thread. Yes, for me the situation matters, if that makes me a hipocrit, then so be it. With this info, I'd say find a more lethal spell (if you can).. shrugs (If I read this correct as being double-teamed) I would say have fun spamming whatever.. but go for the one-hit kill...<<

Translation: "I Sothios had no idea what I was talking about and was just arguing just for the sake of arguing. I'll kindly remove my foot from my mouth and bow out and go back to picking boxes."

~Silus
Smite first, ask questions later.
Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/02/2009 06:40 PM CST
>>funny.. I don't recall giving advice in this thread either....

He's right. He wasn't giving advice.

He was posturing.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/02/2009 07:49 PM CST
>>Did I ever claim to know anything about paladin spells? I never claimed to know what guild Silus was to begin with.

...the log with the smite foe that you badmouthed so adamantly didn't give it away?

~Arwinia

Thieves will continue to be dominated by the awesome power of the perceive health ability - that which causes rivers to dry up, babies to cry, and the earth to shake.
-Ssra
Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/03/2009 01:19 AM CST
Ahhh conflicts.

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague
Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/03/2009 04:23 AM CST
Hun, Considering paladin is the only guild that I've never even contemplated playing (seems too boring and tedious), how would I know what the spell was? I don't recall him having the part where he preps the spell.. just the casting.

Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/03/2009 05:46 AM CST
lol add me to the list of people who will just /facepalm whenever Sothios posts.

~Arwinia

-Ssra
Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/03/2009 08:32 AM CST
>Ahhh conflicts.

I am going to report you for unconsented pouncing.

Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/03/2009 10:19 AM CST
>>how would I know what the spell was? I don't recall him having the part where he preps the spell.. just the casting.

"I was totally unqualified to respond, but I did it anyways. Go me."

>>Considering paladin is the only guild that I've never even contemplated playing (seems too boring and tedious),

Like whoa. Traders are more fun than Paladins. Speculate coin! Spook that caravan! TABLE TABLE TABLE.

---
"Close your eyes -
Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/03/2009 01:59 PM CST
>Now, if this had been said as a little background, maybe we wouldn't have had a long pointless thread.

You're seriously blaming the lack of background info for people talking out their bum-bums? THEY DIDN'T SAY ENOUGH AND IT MADE US ALL CRAZY/WRONG

Is it me or are the most level-headed people in this thread the ones that don't give a dang what the smite was for?

It'sa mea, a Kruglero
Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/03/2009 03:28 PM CST
>Like whoa. Traders are more fun than Paladins. Speculate coin! Spook that caravan! TABLE TABLE TABLE.

1. Speculate coin to stun
2. Shove target to ground
3. ? Target mysteriously remains on the ground ?
4. Run over target with caravan

Let's see another guild try that.
Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/03/2009 05:54 PM CST
Step 5. PROFIT!
Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/03/2009 07:13 PM CST
1. Take bounty on target
2. Speculate coin to stun
3. Advance
4. Speculate another coin to stun again
5. Reach pole range
6. Speculate a third coin to stun again
7. Shove target to ground
8. ???
9. Run over target with caravan
10. Collect payment
11. Profit!

With Traders, the question mark moves from "What to do?" to "Wait, why am I in this game again?"

---
"Close your eyes -
Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/03/2009 09:08 PM CST
>Step 5. PROFIT!

Yeah, the profit part is hard when you need to spend coins to stun the target.
Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/04/2009 09:47 AM CST
I hear stun duration is directly related in a massively skewed contest relative to the construction score of the coin

It'sa mea, a Kruglero
Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/04/2009 11:17 AM CST
>>I hear stun duration is directly related in a massively skewed contest relative to the construction score of the coin

Nah, the only thing that factors into this is the weight of the coin and what it appraises for.

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/04/2009 11:34 AM CST
you know that was sarcasm, rite?

It'sa mea, a Kruglero
Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/04/2009 03:54 PM CST
It's J'Lo. You're not supposed to be able to tell.

---
"Close your eyes -
Re: Combat Logger RAVIK 02/06/2009 09:11 AM CST
<<a serious attempt at a joke>>

Berraism?

Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page