Scripting in the guild 07/02/2008 07:30 PM CDT
Not understanding what the big deal is. The old guild people used to sit jugging and training mech forever being a zombie so this instance isn't a big deal, even if it was a mistake. Just do what was always done before if you see someone scripting and don't like it and slip something in their hand. Problem solved till they check themselves and see the work isn't being done. Theres not really ever anyone in there to be bothered by it anyway.

Dunrook

A thief believes everybody steals.
Edward W. Howe
Re: Scripting in the guild 07/02/2008 08:04 PM CDT
and get your arse busted because you were a dipstick on messed up a GM's script check..
Dee Dee Dee!

Sothios Mori'Taren
Riverhaven Locksmith Union Representative
Re: Scripting in the guild 07/02/2008 11:30 PM CDT
>>Not understanding what the big deal is.

But you felt compelled to post nonetheless.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: Scripting in the guild 07/03/2008 03:56 AM CDT
>Not understanding what the big deal is. The old guild people used to sit jugging and training mech forever being a zombie so this instance isn't a big deal, even if it was a mistake.

Blitor got LOd
Re: Scripting in the guild 07/03/2008 11:02 AM CDT
If you feel someone is AFK scripting. Feel free to notify the GameMasters via either a report or even assist and let the responding GameMaster or GameHost know.

Do not interact with the possible AFK person, let the GameMasters handle it.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled conflict.

Pomae

Any questions and/or comments can be sent to me at Mod-Pomae@Play.net, or Senior Board Moderator Annwyl at dr-annwyl@play.net or Board Supervisor Cecco at DR-Cecco@Play.net
Re: Scripting in the guild 07/03/2008 12:16 PM CDT
>Just do what was always done before if you see someone scripting and don't like it and slip something in their hand. Problem solved till they check themselves and see the work isn't being done.

There are a lot of scripts on which that would not work. Add in a trigger or a match and problem solved.

I don't really understand why people get so bent out of shape about someone else running a script while AFK. Ignore them and move on or report and have a GM run a script check. That's what I generally do - it doesn't affect my gameplay.

Re: Scripting in the guild 07/03/2008 01:19 PM CDT
I agree with Rmel, oddly ::growls:: People that AFK script end up getting caught at some point or another and loose exp drain, thump abilities, and get locked out for some time. Report, ignore, slip something into their hand, or blow an area trap in their room. Its all fun and games people.

Dunrook

Edward W. Howe
Re: Scripting in the guild 07/03/2008 01:34 PM CDT
I agree with Rmel, oddly ::growls:: People that AFK script end up getting caught at some point or another and loose exp drain, thump abilities, and get locked out for some time. Report, ignore, slip something into their hand, or blow an area trap in their room. Its all fun and games people.
Dunrook

I do NOT recommend doing something like slipping something into their hand, etc that could mess up their script. If it bothers you report and move on. If it doesn't bother you, move on. IF you interrupt a gm who is performing a script check you may get in trouble yourself. The satisfaction of seeing Joe stand there dumbly with two rocks in his hand instead of folding little paper ships isn't worth the warning, if you ask me. Of course, your mileage may vary and you might want to risk a warning. Just putting out the information, do with it what you will.

________
Huldah: I for one welcome our new lithping overlordth.
Me: Oh god it's contagious.
Re: Scripting in the guild 07/03/2008 02:43 PM CDT
>I agree with Rmel, oddly

Wow.

Don't think you're still not my mortal enemy though. I'm still going to kill you next time I see you anywhere near Ahnoui.

Raaawr.

Re: Scripting in the guild 07/03/2008 04:10 PM CDT
Ahnoui blocked me from her stall when I was going to stab her neck. I'll take the killing, but I will still have my revenge. Other than that I don't see why we can't be buddies. Maybe after all is done we go have a drink and become closer than ever! Heh. Till then though

Dunrook

Edward W. Howe
Re: Scripting in the guild 07/03/2008 09:19 PM CDT
>>Maybe after all is done we go have a drink and become closer than ever!

I killed you.
You killed me.
Let's pubcrawl and get drunk.

Someone else can finish it. I can't make up Barney parodies to save my life.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: Scripting in the guild ::THREAD OVER:: 07/05/2008 04:38 PM CDT

Unless there is something completely new and on topic, this discussion is over.

Annwyl
Senior Board Monitor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing Senior Board Monitor DR-Annwyl@play.net, or Message Board Supervisor DR-Cecco@play.net.