Dear Sryne, please do not turn the guild into the NE gate.. 06/26/2008 07:11 AM CDT
I saw you working mech lore out of your head for 3 hours yesterday. Two other people saw you about 4 hours before then working mech lore out of your head while they RP'd with your brainless body.

Then someone comes a pops boxes and blows one we tried to drag you away but you avoided and could not be saved. It was sad. You were dead for two hours.

Please. We know that 50% of the people outside the NE gate usually are brainless. Sometimes at the Empath guild too. If you want to go out of your head Sryne, find another place to do that.

Thank you.

PS I hope I am wrong about you being out of your head for so long and the other two people are wrong too who saw you.

"Failure is not our only punishment for laziness: there is also the success of others."
Jules Renard
Re: Dear Sryne, please do not turn the guild into the NE gate.. 06/26/2008 08:12 AM CDT
I wasn't paying enough attention to tell if s/he was AFK scripting or not. But there was definately a 30-60 minute period where I was in there while s/he was dead and unresponsive.

~Minstrel Ascot, Musician of M'riss
Re: Dear Sryne, please do not turn the guild into the NE gate.. 06/26/2008 09:52 PM CDT
Heyo, I'd like to say this and only this, I really do not want this to keep rolling on, and hopefully with these words you'll understand enough to at least not consider me as you now do.

The time that you're talking about me afk scripting, well, I was, and I really do apologize. It was completely an accident and I am sorry. It was a mistake and a lack of dexterity on my part in the sense that I was playing before work in the morning and I completely lost track of time. I was sitting in the guild to let my head cool out from the previous hunt and i started my mech script. I sat around and meched and appraised things and blah blah, at which point I looked at my watch and realize i was then 5 minutes late for work (a job i had just started 2 weeks prior) so I freaked out and jumped up, swiftly threw my hand at the escape key only to miss and hit the (`) key. I was in such a rush and being so careless that I didn't look to see if i'd hit the right key or not, i simply sprinted out the door. I then came back after work to find out that i was dead, laying on the floor, with my mech stones gone. I still don't know how i died, but i see something about a box blowing up there; that may be it. I assumed someone killed me and at first got upset then read the log to find out that i hadn't stopped my script and then understood that, a) i should have been killed. And, b) I'm an idiot.

So, I sincerely apologize and hope that it is understood that i do NOT afk script, i hate it and consider it cheap and cheating. I have personally taken care of several afk scripters myself, and do not do things to make a hypocrite of myself. Sorry, and I deserved to catch the blast of that box for being a clumsy moron.

Thanks for your concern.
Re: Dear Sryne, please do not turn the guild into the NE gate.. 06/27/2008 06:03 AM CDT
<<so I freaked out and jumped up, swiftly threw my hand at the escape key only to miss and hit the (`) key.>>

ya! that's EXACTLY like the time i was wasted in a bar making out with some random girl, when my girl walked in and screamed at me, and i told her i could have sworn it was her i was making out with, and she didn't believe me!

sheesh...so obvious!

:oP Ragran
Re: Dear Sryne, please do not turn the guild into the NE gate.. 06/27/2008 08:45 AM CDT
>ya! that's EXACTLY like the time i was wasted in a bar making out with some random girl, when my girl walked in and screamed at me, and i told her i could have sworn it was her i was making out with, and she didn't believe me!

If I had a nickel for every time...

Re: Dear Sryne, please do not turn the guild into the NE gate.. 06/29/2008 04:07 AM CDT
>>so I freaked out and jumped up, swiftly threw my hand at the escape key only to miss and hit the (`) key.

Use Alt+F4 instead. It's much more effective. Don't forget, we have offline drain now!

>>ya! that's EXACTLY like the time i was wasted in a bar making out with some random girl, when my girl walked in and screamed at me, and i told her i could have sworn it was her i was making out with, and she didn't believe me!

I can't believe I miss your posts.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: Dear Sryne, please do not turn the guild into the NE gate.. 06/29/2008 05:41 AM CDT
I think my problem is 1. if you -really cared- you would have made sure and 2. that sounds like an excuse.
Re: Dear Sryne, please do not turn the guild into the NE gate.. 06/29/2008 06:24 PM CDT
If you were really accidentally AFK scripting, here's a tip: write scripts that end and have to be re-started from time to time. This greatly decreases the chances of what happened to you.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Dear Sryne, please do not turn the guild into the NE gate.. 06/29/2008 10:39 PM CDT
Or you know, pick a better freaking spot.

And Jan.. Disappointment. Not parada.

Macro F10 - \xreport HELP! Someone is posting my identity! REMOVE THEIR POST IMMEDIATELY!!\r
Re: Dear Sryne, please do not turn the guild into the NE gate.. 07/02/2008 06:23 PM CDT
I understood before I even wrote that post that no one would believe it or think it was anything more than an excuse. With that knowledge I still wrote the post because I wanted to apologize for the mistake. Believe what you want, it makes no difference to me, but it was an accident and that was the point.