Prev_page Previous 1
Re: Wrong Folders 08/23/2007 03:54 PM CDT
((( EROES, your post belongs in the suggestion folder. )))

Thanks Mr. Forum monitor. Perhaps you should retire until you can read better, as I do directly Ask the GM a question.

((( Putting a suggestion, then following it with, "whaddya think Z?" Does not qualify it as a question for the GMs. )))

It sure does genius! And I chose that category because I wanted his feedback and not yours.

Why don't you stick to be a player until you apply for a position at Simu!

E.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/23/2007 04:00 PM CDT
I'm just saving you the embarrasment of not being replied to because your message is in the wrong folder. Like I said, your post was a suggestion with a question mark at the end.

Purposefully putting it in the wrong folder just so you can have your post noticed by a GM is not the reason that folder is there. Asking a GM if they like your suggestion is still a suggestion.

<<Why don't you stick to be a player until you apply for a position at Simu!

Im just saving the real board monitors time and energy. Im also trying to save the rest of us from having that particular folder from being removed, which has been done in the past because of issues like this.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/23/2007 04:14 PM CDT
((( I'm just saving you the embarrasment of not being replied to because your message is in the wrong folder. )))

No your not and it's not your job to do that anyway.

((( Like I said, your post was a suggestion with a question mark at the end. )))

No. It was a direct questions to the GM as to if something like that might be worth while.

((( Purposefully putting it in the wrong folder just so you can have your post noticed by a GM is not the reason that folder is there. )))

That folder is for questions to Team Thief, go read the description! It's for asking THEM question, not the rest of the guild. Putting it their so a GM reads it IS the purpose of that folder.

((( Asking a GM if they like your suggestion is still a suggestion. )))

By definition, using the word "Asking" further shows that it was indeed a question. And since that folder is for ASKING team thief questions, it is in the right place. I am interested in what he thinks and how it might relate to the new justice system. A system that we know very little about. He can choose to respond or not, but there is no harm in myself looking to him for answers.

((( Im just saving the real board monitors time and energy. )))

No, your causing conflict by dipping into something that is not yours to control. It's like the head of accounting trying to tell the R&D department how to do their jobs. Except in this case, you don't even work for the company!

((( Im also trying to save the rest of us from having that particular folder from being removed, which has been done in the past because of issues like this. )))

That's laughable at best to even consider that would happen. The only issue with that folder is people replying in it.

Please go back, read the name of the folder out loud ... then read the description out loud. It's quite clear. Hell you can even ask the GM what they think of global politics in that folder. Nothing says they have to answer you though.

E.

E.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/23/2007 04:28 PM CDT
You're obviously gripping your delusions and misconceptions with white knuckles so Ill simply prove my point by letting your post rot for eternity with no GM response because you posted it in the wrong folder.

Post your suggestions in the suggestion folder from now on. Maybe then someone might take you seriously.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/23/2007 04:36 PM CDT
((( You're obviously gripping your delusions and misconceptions with white knuckles so Ill simply prove my point by letting your post rot for eternity with no GM response because you posted it in the wrong folder. )))

Your grasp of logic is astounding. The one does not prove the other, but somehow I suspect you wont understand that.

((( Post your suggestions in the suggestion folder from now on. )))

I will do as the employees of Simu direct. It is not and has not ever been your job to tell people how to post. If we are lucky, it will never be your job. Stick to playing the game.

((( Maybe then someone might take you seriously. )))

If I were interested in your thoughts of me or my post, I wouldn't have posted in the ASK The Thiefly GM's folder.

E.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 10:04 AM CDT
>EROES to RX4PAIN

YEAH! YOU'RE NOT EVEN MY REAL DAD!

Axillus - Halfling Warrior Mage
>You charge your steel-toed footwrap at a musk hog.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 10:45 AM CDT
((( YEAH! YOU'RE NOT EVEN MY REAL DAD! )))

Haha. That was kind of funny.

Yeah, I get that your making fun of me, but funny is still funny.

Too the wanabe forum mod: Pomae did his thing. Where's my post, sunshine?

E.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 11:52 AM CDT
Its rotting in the same place it will always be until the end of time: the wrong folder.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 01:18 PM CDT
((( Its rotting in the same place it will always be until the end of time: the wrong folder. )))

It's ok sunshine, I'm sure your used to be wrong.

E.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 02:08 PM CDT

Why did I start to hear chanting in the background?

Jerry!! Jerry!! Jerry!!

~Miir
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 02:09 PM CDT
<<It's ok sunshine, I'm sure your used to be wrong.

It's not surprising someone who can't even understand the English language can't properly select the correct message board folder. I forgive you.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 02:17 PM CDT
((( It's not surprising someone who can't even understand the English language can't properly select the correct message board folder. I forgive you. )))

Do you want a shoulder or tissue, honey? Perhaps a dictionary? All three would serve you well. Oh oh, I know! Stop gaming and get that GED you always wanted.

E.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 02:26 PM CDT
Learn how to quote properly, please.

________
Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 02:33 PM CDT
((( Learn how to quote properly, please. )))

Sweet irony! Who in the world were you referring too? You seem to have left out the .... wait for it .... wait for it ..... QUOTE!

E.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 02:46 PM CDT
Seriously, learn to quote. At least make it seem like you have a clue.

-Galren Moonskin

!>You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde screaming in barbaric approval of your deeds.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 02:49 PM CDT
<<EROES: Do you want a shoulder or tissue, honey? Perhaps a dictionary? All three would serve you well.

<<EROES: Why don't you stick to be a player until you apply for a position at Simu!
<<EROES: I'm sure your used to be wrong.
<<EROES: It's for asking THEM question, not the rest of the guild. Putting it their so a GM reads it IS the purpose of that folder.

I'll just let you read your own crippled sentences and let you further wallow in the irony that are your pathetic attempted insults and coherent sentences.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 02:58 PM CDT
((( Seriously, learn to quote. At least make it seem like you have a clue.

-Galren Moonskin )))

Seriously, who's post are you responding too? You have to QUOTE their text for them (me) to know! I'm not trying to be a smart ass here. Asking someone to do something then failing to do it yourself is way too funny. Then you exacerbate it by implying that who ever you were referencing, doesn't have a clue. Uh ... Ok!

If you think "<<" is a quote, well your wrong. I don't really care what some people on these forums use. Some grab the text and surround it with the symbol they like, some put in in a TABLE, some grab the login name. Hell, some people acutaly use " ". <- those are called quotes. All of these methods make it clear to the reader, who the responder is responding to. The only method that doesn't is typing a reply with NO reference.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/quote

E.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 03:05 PM CDT
((( I'll just let you read your own crippled sentences and let you further wallow in the irony that are your pathetic attempted insults and coherent sentences. )))

Where's my post sweetpea?

E.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 03:22 PM CDT
yawn

<--Wins
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 03:29 PM CDT
Um... sweetpea?

Which direction is this conflict headed in? Do I need to bust out the marshmallows or lighter fluid? Let me know.

Axillus - Halfling Warrior Mage
>You charge your steel-toed footwrap at a musk hog.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 03:31 PM CDT
((( Im just saving the real board monitors time and energy. Im also trying to save the rest of us from having that particular folder from being removed, which has been done in the past because of issues like this. )))

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=21&topic=20&message=2342

((( yawn

<--Wins )))

LoL

E.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 04:05 PM CDT
When I click on "since this message", nothing happens.

That's so weird.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 04:24 PM CDT
((( When I click on "since this message", nothing happens.

That's so weird. )))

Logic fails you in life!

E.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 04:29 PM CDT
<<If you think "<<" is a quote, well your wrong. I don't really care what some people on these forums use. >>

If you haven't noticed when that is used it italises what you've typed. And seeing as these boards don't use PHP or anything its the best way to quote someone.

Also the, "Tehee! You have to quote for or anyone else to know who you're talking to!" isn't witty, its damn annoying.

TEHEE I QUOTED THOUGH ^_^

~Birkan Featherhands teh Drunken Prydaen
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 04:56 PM CDT

Yep, sure have noticed and I also noticed they suck for making the quoted text stand apart. Tables work best, but I use what I like.

However, to chime in on a conflict and whine about quoting styles proved what? Should I assume that your not bright enough to follow the conversation, due to a change in quoting style? If that's true, perhaps you should stop reading the forums. I have no reason to believe any of you are that incompetent though. So your just being petty, at least I hope that's it.

If my quoting style really bother any of you that much, you have some serious issue with tolerance!

The purpose of the quote is so that the reader can follow along. Obviously, none of you had a problem with that.

E.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 05:10 PM CDT
>>Some grab the text and surround it with the symbol they like, some put in in a TABLE, some grab the login name. Hell, some people acutaly use " ".

Yes, but your method is goofy.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 05:17 PM CDT
((( Yes, but your method is goofy. )))

No argument there. But they stand out, thus making them effective. The ital options sucks almost as bad as not having a button for quoting, when replying to post.

E.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 05:21 PM CDT
<<However, to chime in on a conflict and whine about quoting styles proved what? Should I assume that your not bright enough to follow the conversation>>

I wasn't chiming in on the quoting style but rather the "If you don't quote me I don't know who you're talking to." stupidity.

As for the conflict, I'm pretty sure Strange handled it a few posts back so I didn't feel the need to further a pointless argument.

~Birkan Featherhands teh Drunken Prydaen
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 05:26 PM CDT
>>But they stand out

They stand out in the way Richard Simmons does.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 05:32 PM CDT
((( I wasn't chiming in on the quoting style but rather the "If you don't quote me I don't know who you're talking to." stupidity. )))

Stupidity huh?

So tell me then. If you don't reference the person you are responding to in any way, how would they know? I've seen it happen time and time again on these forums. Someone replies with no reference and multiple people think the reply was to them.

Back up your claim! Tell me exactly how I would know who the response is directed toward, with multiple post and no references.

Eagerly awaiting your next post, where you call me names, but fail to defend your statement.

E.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 05:35 PM CDT
((( They stand out in the way Richard Simmons does. )))

Good, you have validated that they work better than that italics crap. That was the intent. Thanks.

E.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 05:44 PM CDT
()()()()()()(THIS IS A GOOD CONFLICT)()()()()()()()
PS - DO NOT RESPOND UNLESS YUR A GM.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 05:50 PM CDT
<<So tell me then. If you don't reference the person you are responding to in any way, how would they know? I've seen it happen time and time again on these forums.>>

If I'm standing in a room full of people, and there's only one 'fat chick' in the room, and I make a comment referencing the 'fat chick', everyone knows who I'm talking about.

Your responses indicate that you clearly knew you were the person being referred to with the comments regarding quoting, so crying about the lack of quoting is pathetically disingenuous. They're used for the sake of clarity, but in this case, their absence didn't cause any loss of clarity.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 06:14 PM CDT
"Look who your talking too." An example of Eroes's prose. It's fun to act smart, but when you don't use proper grammar, it really makes you look foolish.

Ineptly, you step backward and then slice at a musk hog. A musk hog evades, leaping aside like a cunning cat.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 06:16 PM CDT
((( If I'm standing in a room full of people, and there's only one 'fat chick' in the room, and I make a comment referencing the 'fat chick', everyone knows who I'm talking about. )))

Your example uses a reference, your just proving my point.

((( Your responses indicate that you clearly knew you were the person being referred to with the comments regarding quoting, so crying about the lack of quoting is pathetically disingenuous. They're used for the sake of clarity, but in this case, their absence didn't cause any loss of clarity. )))

Which part made it clear? The part where I ask who they were responding to? Go back and look at the thread. I made a guess. I had no concrete way of knowing. There was nothing disingenuous about it at all. I had NO idea which side of the argument the was being taken.

I get it, you all like Strange. It would be nice if you want to conflict about the points and not just blindly.

Here is the thread progression!

((( Its rotting in the same place it will always be until the end of time: the wrong folder. )))
It's ok sunshine, I'm sure your used to be wrong.
E.

TCOOL13
TRIPLE S
Re: Wrong Folders ? on 8/24/2007 2:08:43 PM Generate a link to this post in a pop-up window. 9632
reply Reply
Why did I start to hear chanting in the background?
Jerry!! Jerry!! Jerry!!
~Miir

RX4PAIN
Re: Wrong Folders ? on 8/24/2007 2:09:19 PM Generate a link to this post in a pop-up window. 9633
reply Reply
<<It's ok sunshine, I'm sure your used to be wrong.
It's not surprising someone who can't even understand the English language can't properly select the correct message board folder. I forgive you.

EROES
Re: Wrong Folders ? on 8/24/2007 2:17:31 PM Generate a link to this post in a pop-up window. 9634
reply Replydelete Delete
((( It's not surprising someone who can't even understand the English language can't properly select the correct message board folder. I forgive you. )))
Do you want a shoulder or tissue, honey? Perhaps a dictionary? All three would serve you well. Oh oh, I know! Stop gaming and get that GED you always wanted.
E.

CAROLINT
M.F.
Re: Wrong Folders ? on 8/24/2007 2:26:10 PM Generate a link to this post in a pop-up window. 9635
reply Reply
Learn how to quote properly, please.
Re: Life mana Spell preps
You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.

So, after my post. Miir posted using the same type of quote. Then Rx posted, then I posted, finally CAROLINT made the first post about quotes with NO reference.

I get it, you all like strange, but that aside ... how was I to know who Carolint was responding too. I've never had conflict with carolint. I have no clue if Carolint knows or is friends with Rx and was chiming in to back him up. Until this conflict NO ONE ever said anything about my quote style. I enjoy arguments and debate, but MORS-INCARNATUS your trying to make a real point. So how does is stand up when you look at the thread?

You can call me lots of things, but disingenuous I was not. It wouldn't have taken you any time to look at that progression and see this.

E.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 06:28 PM CDT
<<Your example uses a reference, your just proving my point.>>

Here, let me reword that for you: if I yelled, "LOSE WEIGHT!" at the room in general, everyone in the room would know who the intended target was. Is that better?

<<Which part made it clear? The part where I ask who they were responding to?>>

No, the part where you respond as though the person the comments were intended for before anyone has clarified that you are, in fact, the target.

It's right about here:

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=21&topic=6&message=9639
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 11:42 PM CDT
((( Here, let me reword that for you: if I yelled, "LOSE WEIGHT!" at the room in general, everyone in the room would know who the intended target was. Is that better? )))

Honestly, no. The conversation had nothing to do with quotes, so the comment was random. The post was more akin to opening a door to a weight watchers meeting and yelling, LOSE WEIGHT! It was a pointless post, intended to add to the conflict. Seems they did a good job. No prior conversations were established between myself and that poster. No linking of any kind. For all I knew they had an issue with Rx and were trying to rehash it.

But your simply choosing to ignore the fact that, someone else used the exact same quote style and that the comment was out of left field, so you can maintain your claim. I've read many of your other post, so I know you make rational arguments.

My point was simple. If you want someone to know you are responding to them, reference them in some way. Do you disagree? Did you see any sort of indicators in the post?

((( No, the part where you respond as though the person the comments were intended for before anyone has clarified that you are, in fact, the target. )))

Yup. At this post I just made the assumption and went with it. But I still had no way of knowing for sure.

Conflict about quoting styles? ... this guild is too much fun. Thanks for the laugh.

E.
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 11:47 PM CDT
Eroes you're starting to get worse and worse with every post. Might be best to just let it drop.

Vinjince

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

- Sima Yi
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 11:48 PM CDT
<<My point was simple. If you want someone to know you are responding to them, reference them in some way. Do you disagree? Did you see any sort of indicators in the post?>>

While it's generally polite, in this case, it just wasn't necessary. I knew exactly who they were talking about, I'm pretty certain everyone else knew exactly who they were talking about, and despite your claims, I'd wager you knew, too.

<<Yup. At this post I just made the assumption and went with it. But I still had no way of knowing for sure.>>

It didn't exactly take much of a leap, no?
Re: Wrong Folders 08/24/2007 11:54 PM CDT
((( Eroes you're starting to get worse and worse with every post. Might be best to just let it drop. )))

I think MORS-INCARNATUS and I are actually having a civil conversation about this. No harm in that right? I'd rather work through conflict with people, in place of ignoring it or resorting to name calling.

E.
Prev_page Previous 1