Tenteth gets thumped, attacks, then combat logs 06/26/2007 01:45 PM CDT
So me and tenteth were talking some smack south of the warmage guild.

Tenteth says, "youd be surprised how quickly i can train when i try"

You come out of hiding.
With the speed of a striking snake, you thump Tenteth in the neck with the edge of your flattened palm striking him in the vocal cords. Tenteth clutches his throat, wheezing pathetically.

You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

You say, "yeah you're huge now"

Then some time passes, I come back and he casts break branch at me, misses, runs immediately north to the warmage guild (safe room sadly), I stalk him get to melee with my sabre drawn, and he logs out less than 45 seconds after the attack.

Pathetic.

Carnul Canash
Re: Tenteth gets thumped, attacks, then combat logs 06/26/2007 02:11 PM CDT
Can't say I'm surprised.

________
"Just an observation, but you do not seem to know what you are talking about, and the things you say seem generally unintelligent."
Re: Tenteth gets thumped, attacks, then combat logs 06/26/2007 04:04 PM CDT
He can run but he can't hide

*You come out of hiding.
You search around for a moment.
You notice Tenteth, who is quite obviously attempting to remain hidden.
>sea

>
Jenteal blinks.

>poi tent
A town guard walks in, glancing about with a false look of boredom on his face.
>
You point at Tenteth, ruining his hiding place.
Round time: 2 sec.
>
You notice Tenteth carefully watching you.

You begin to advance on Tenteth.
>hi
You see Tenteth glance at you as you hide.
Tenteth points at you, ruining your attempt to hide.

Tenteth points at you.
>hi
You see Tenteth glance at you as you hide.
Tenteth points at you, ruining your attempt to hide.
>hi

>att tent
Tenteth chuckles.

You aren't close enough to attack.
>
>
Jenteal says, "Yeah..."
>att tent
>att tent
Tenteth is unable to retreat from you!
You close to pole weapon range on Tenteth.
>att tent
< Driving in with naturally fluid movements, you feint a sabre at Tenteth. Tenteth partially blocks with a steel-banded ironwood oval shield. The sabre lands a solid hit that barely punctures the skin on the upper chest causing a slight welt.
[You're winded, nimbly balanced and in better position.]
[Roundtime 4 sec.]
>
Jenteal gazes off into the distance.
>
...wait 4 seconds.
>
Tenteth retreats from you.
>lung tent
...wait 2 seconds.
>
You notice Tenteth slip into a hiding place.
You point at Tenteth, ruining his attempt to hide.
>
>adv tent
You begin to advance on Tenteth.
>att tent
Tenteth closes his eyes and breathes deeply.
>att tent
< Driving in like an unbeatable force, you charge a sabre at Tenteth. Tenteth barely blocks with a steel-banded ironwood oval shield. The sabre lands an extremely heavy hit that stabs deeply into the right thigh, puncturing the femoral artery.
[You're winded, nimbly balanced and in strong position.]
[Roundtime 4 sec.]
>

>
Tenteth gestures.
In the blink of an eye, Tenteth disappears into his surroundings.
>sea
You search around for a moment.
You notice the vague silhouette of Tenteth.
>
Jenteal says, "Ermm..."
>push vial
You push the release catch on your silver vial, releasing some dirt into your hand.

Spinning your arm around your body in practiced circles, you throw clouds of dirt up into the air!
You take advantage of the general confusion and try to slip into a hiding place.
You are convinced that your vanishing went unobserved.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
>l
[The Crossing, Riverpine Circle]
A platoon of tall cedars encircles and shelters a flat clearing of packed dark earth, their branches casting spindly shadows across the oft-trodden ground. A huge firepit dominates the center of the clearing, its soot-blacked red clay lining dug from the shore of the Segoltha. The tantalizing aroma of roasting meat lingers perpetually in the air. You also see a town guard, a town guard, and a town guard.
Also here: Master Empath Akodam, Warlock Hnot, Tezirite Jenteal, and Recluse Thundirr.
Obvious paths: north, northeast, southeast, south, southwest, west, northwest.
>l
A platoon of tall cedars encircles and shelters a flat clearing of packed dark earth, their branches casting spindly shadows across the oft-trodden ground. A huge firepit dominates the center of the clearing, its soot-blacked red clay lining dug from the shore of the Segoltha. The tantalizing aroma of roasting meat lingers perpetually in the air. You also see a town guard, a town guard, and a town guard.
Also here: Master Empath Akodam, Warlock Hnot, Tezirite Jenteal, and Recluse Thundirr.
>
Your mind hears Gimlias thinking, "I'm in Ogres and I don't see Inouvu."
>
>push vial
You stealthily push the release catch on your silver vial, carefully releasing some dirt into your hand.

You burst out of the shadows in a surprise attack, throwing up clouds of dirt all around you with circular, sweeping motions.
Tenteth is revealed by the dirt cloud! Tenteth is enveloped in swirling brown dirt!
You take advantage of the general confusion and try to slip into a hiding place.
Tenteth alerts others of your attempt to vanish!
Roundtime: 6 sec.
>l
A platoon of tall cedars encircles and shelters a flat clearing of packed dark earth, their branches casting spindly shadows across the oft-trodden ground. A huge firepit dominates the center of the clearing, its soot-blacked red clay lining dug from the shore of the Segoltha. The tantalizing aroma of roasting meat lingers perpetually in the air. You also see a town guard, a town guard, a town guard, and a town guard.
Also here: Initiate Ranger Tenteth, Master Empath Akodam, Warlock Hnot, Tezirite Jenteal, and Recluse Thundirr.
>
Tenteth seems particularly irritated, blinking his eyes occasionally as if to clear them somehow.
>
Jenteal just left.
>
Tenteth closes his eyes and breathes deeply.
>
Tenteth gestures.
>att tent
< Moving in with powerful grace, you thrust a sabre at Tenteth. Tenteth barely blocks with a steel-banded ironwood oval shield. The sabre lands a strong hit that lightly pierces the left forearm, barely stunning him.
[You're nimbly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]
>att tent

>att tent
< Moving with incredible power and control, you feint a sabre at Tenteth. Tenteth evades, ducking in the nick of time.
[You're solidly balanced and in dominating position.]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]
>att tent
>att tent
< Moving in with powerful grace, you lunge a sabre at Tenteth. Tenteth barely blocks with a steel-banded ironwood oval shield. The sabre lands an extremely heavy hit that tears the left leg from the socket when the sabre gets jammed between thigh and hip.
* Tenteth is slain before your eyes!
The translucent sphere around Tenteth suddenly pops like a soap bubble.

A passerby runs off, screaming for the militia to arrest Carnul on the charge of murder!

A troupe of guards come riding up on some splendid Clan steeds! The leader says, "So we've found you, Carnul! Time to pay the price for your crimes!"

Without warning the guards manacle and chain you, kick your feet out from under you, and lift you onto a horse. The guards ride you back to town, through the city gate, and into the guard house.
Re: Tenteth gets thumped, attacks, then combat logs 06/26/2007 04:06 PM CDT
<3 Mike

~Arwinia

Thieves will continue to be dominated by the awesome power of the perceive health ability - that which causes rivers to dry up, babies to cry, and the earth to shake.
Stand back mortal, lest ye health be perceived.
-Ssra
Re: Tenteth gets thumped, attacks, then combat logs 06/26/2007 04:16 PM CDT
Well done

Kleis
Re: Tenteth gets thumped, attacks, then combat logs 06/26/2007 11:46 PM CDT
Well done in killing Tenteth, and thank you for that... but please, for the love of god, don't use the ATTACK command when using a jabber.

________
"Just an observation, but you do not seem to know what you are talking about, and the things you say seem generally unintelligent."
Re: Tenteth gets thumped, attacks, then combat logs 06/27/2007 12:28 AM CDT
Nice to see some action in this folder.
Re: Tenteth gets thumped, attacks, then combat logs 06/27/2007 01:49 AM CDT
haha yeah I know the kill was amateurish, they recently changed it so you have to type more than backs tenteth for it to work, so I came out of hiding early and didn't even stab him. the funny thing was attack attack attack was good enough, and I didnt have any combat cookies up. That makes it a little funnier at least.
Re: Tenteth gets thumped, attacks, then combat logs 06/27/2007 12:00 PM CDT
I find it interesting that the name "Tenteth" causes some complications for me sometimes. I often times try to "punch tent" and it says "Punch what?" or whatever the message is. I have to spell out "punch tenteth" before I can punch him in his knees. Weird. I don't think I wear anything that starts with "tent"

Axillus - Halfling Warrior Mage
>You charge your steel-toed footwrap at a musk hog.
Re: Tenteth gets thumped, attacks, then combat logs 06/27/2007 12:13 PM CDT
>the funny thing was attack attack attack was good enough, and I didnt have any combat cookies up. That makes it a little funnier at least.

I'm a big fan of Charging when using a jabber. Charge with Feint, follow up with Lunge... the opponent should be dead or stunned by that point and then you can just wail away on them with thrust, jab, thrust, jab...

________
Re: Tenteth gets thumped, attacks, then combat logs 06/27/2007 04:42 PM CDT
>>I'm a big fan of Charging when using a jabber. Charge with Feint, follow up with Lunge... the opponent should be dead or stunned by that point and then you can just wail away on them with thrust, jab, thrust, jab...

So speaks the Light Edged Master.

Vinjince

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

- Sima Yi
Re: Tenteth gets thumped, attacks, then combat logs 06/28/2007 02:34 AM CDT
(as I am new to being a thief) What is this spinning dirt maneuver you used:

Spinning your arm around your body in practiced circles, you throw clouds of dirt up into the air!
You are convinced that your vanishing went unobserved.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

Maybe it's just because I'm still young, I have ambush sight, but i've never seen that one before.

You are Furious Clamor Mibe Oyiee, Heartless, an Elothean [TF], & The Thief [PRIME].
~ You know I could always put it back to the old roundtimes...
Re: Tenteth gets thumped, attacks, then combat logs 06/28/2007 06:40 AM CDT
ambush screen

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>