Taking a break 06/17/2015 05:43 PM CDT
If anyone cares, I'm going to stop playing for a while.

Mostly because I see all the development time going to magic, and magic using guilds, and barbarians, and...I'm jealous. And I can't really play or post without that jealousy being a bitter stone on my tongue, so I doubt anyone wants me to be a jerk.
Re: Taking a break 06/17/2015 09:22 PM CDT
Sorry to hear that. Hope to see you back.

Beast Elec Drister

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here."
―Jayne Cobb

MM1 (EXW) -USN 1999-present
Re: Taking a break 06/18/2015 06:55 AM CDT
Sorry to hear that. I've never had any interaction with you in game but I've enjoyed your posts here, even when we don't agree.

>>Mostly because I see all the development time going to magic, and magic using guilds, and barbarians, and...I'm jealous.

I can understand that, but we're at the end of a long list of other guilds being developed. The only thing you can do is realize there are some guilds who have had nearly zero development in a decade.

Anyways, good luck and hope you return soon.
Re: Taking a break 06/18/2015 01:17 PM CDT
come back level headed.

I know my break after hief magic testing was well needed and I am better off now for it.

Keep your Chin up and when you return we will have taken over the realms for you!

Deadly force, is the force which a person uses, causing—or that a person knows, or should know, would create a substantial risk of causing—death or serious bodily harm. Deadly Force is justified only under conditions of extreme necessity as a last resort,
Re: Taking a break 06/18/2015 02:37 PM CDT

I recently came back to the fold after almost 8 years of being away and in that time the whole profession was rewritten where previously not that much had changed since launch. Stacking that up against...lets say Rangers who have been basically the same since the dawn of time, the amount of development thieves have gotten is pretty damn good all things considered. I know all about waiting for development and yeah it sucks but the wheel keeps spinning and eventually thieves will be back under the microscope.

Good on you for recognizing when the game became a source of stress rather than release and doing something about it rather than take it out via your interactions with others. Have a good break, DR'll be here when you get back.
Re: Taking a break 06/24/2015 01:16 PM CDT
Sorry to see you go badgopher, any feedback can be good feedback. Your tone might have come off snippy to some but everyone knew your heart was in the right place.