THANK YOU GM-ZEYURN and other GMS WHO HELP THIEVES 01/27/2008 11:31 PM CST
For putting up with us thieves and our questions/demands/rambling/crying/whining/etc.
I've been with the guild since gm-gonk, and I really haven't seen this much good development since gm-royce.
Your gonna leave big shoes to be filled when you leave us ZEYURN (PLEASE STAY FOREVER)

But in all seriousness, I (the player) really enjoy all the releases thieves get, big or small. It really does make a difference, it keeps the game new and refreshing and fun to play.

So I just wanted to say thank you. (And for fixing that 164 concentration.)

~Izude, DR thief addict 4 life =/
Re: THANK YOU GM-ZEYURN and other GMS WHO HELP THIEVES 01/28/2008 12:09 AM CST
Thanks :) We really appreciate posts like this. I was pretty dang sure 99% of you would love new khri or learn to love it, but it's really good to see a lot of the positive comments and extremely constructive criticisms and suggestions.

-Z
Re: THANK YOU GM-ZEYURN and other GMS WHO HELP THIEVES 01/28/2008 12:38 AM CST
I was really dubious about a khri rewrite, but so far I'm liking it.

I was still sort of unsure how I felt earlier today, but then Lorz got nearly killed while dancing with hasten, focus and avoidance up. She was down, stunned, had 23% health remaining, and I was able to drop all three of the khri she had up and immediately put up silence. Pretty sweet. She would have died under the old system. Hooray for survival prime guilds getting better ways to survive!

So yeah. Thanks for the hard work Z, and thanks for rolling these out so quickly after the concentration changes.

Now I can go back to complaining about having to circle again, and having to make difficult choices. Heh.

You tug fruitlessly at your manacles.
You chew on your manacles.
You chew on your manacles.
A wisp a smoke drifts out from inside a heavy manacles.
Re: THANK YOU GM-ZEYURN and other GMS WHO HELP THIEVES 01/28/2008 12:43 AM CST
I was excited about it from the start and am liking it so far.

Your my favorite GM so far, even if your a stubborn mule when it comes to balanced nimble thieves!

Keep up the good work man, your making dr fun again for us after such a long lull.

Don't fear the dark, Fear what hides in it.
Re: THANK YOU GM-ZEYURN and other GMS WHO HELP THIEVES 01/28/2008 12:51 AM CST
Fourthded, excellent work all around. If nothing else (and believe me, there's plenty else) it's at least something new to learn and play with, which makes some of the tedium not quite that.

And to all you old timers and your 'it's too hard to remember new syntax'...throw up cunning, it helps the brain...
Re: THANK YOU GM-ZEYURN and other GMS WHO HELP THIEVES 01/28/2008 01:07 AM CST
I'll throw in my thanks too. I've never had a thief high enough to use khri but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate what you've done. Enriching the game enriches us all, regardless of guild. Thank you all for your work.

- Player of Foresee

"You're right, we're all against you and actively work to stymie your guild's development. I'm twirling my mustache at the sheer thought." - DR-Armifer
Re: THANK YOU GM-ZEYURN and other GMS WHO HELP THIEVES 01/28/2008 03:57 AM CST
i'll now throw in my thanks as well for the new khri, because they passed my "DO THEY LAST LONG ENOUGH FOR ME TO STEAL THE EVER_LIVIN" STUFFING OUT OF MUSPARI" test. :-)

schvartz

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: THANK YOU GM-ZEYURN and other GMS WHO HELP THIEVES 01/28/2008 08:31 AM CST
I definitely took a duration hit on some stuff, but so far I'm loving it. Well worth the wait.

Really feeling the concentration burn as an elf though. Time to push through the 15 ranks of lockpicking that is keeping me from my next handful of circles and pour it all into disc.

~Purehand

You feel that for the moment you've learned all you can about harming shopkeepers.
Re: THANK YOU GM-ZEYURN and other GMS WHO HELP THIEVES 01/28/2008 09:17 AM CST
Ill add my thanks, not only for the khri system but for work on the game as a whole. You are obviously have some talent at coding things in this game.

As far as the khri system goes, I'm not sure it could be better. Truth be told I was never a fan of the old system giving you 10 boosts at once whether you wanted them or not. Ill admit that I hated khri spar because it scaled horribly. Now that boosts like the new khri spar are simply a group of lesser khri, it seems to me like it will scale much better.

The customization of the new system is great. Its usefulness has tripled for me. Not only is the ability to pick and choose great, but the ability to combine for greater effect is genius.

In conclusion, thanks.
Re: THANK YOU GM-ZEYURN and other GMS WHO HELP THIEVES 01/28/2008 10:10 AM CST
You da man, Zeyurn! Keep on, wit'cha bad self.

__
We are still discussing options and we are still trying to find the best plan we can that will not bring about the end of the world as we all know it. Well, that isn't necessarily accurate. The world as you know it will end.
Re: THANK YOU GM-ZEYURN and other GMS WHO HELP THIEVES 01/28/2008 11:05 AM CST
Thank you Z. Your dedication to the guild and your continued attention and support of your releases really make this a great time to be a Thief. Also, your down to earth and open nature have made bug hunting and general system improvement much easier for us players. It is all very much appreciated.

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Re: THANK YOU GM-ZEYURN and other GMS WHO HELP THIEVES 01/28/2008 01:52 PM CST
Bottom line is Z is a bad dude, if he stays for a few years we will be the new warmies! lol :P

Don't fear the dark, Fear what hides in it.
Re: THANK YOU GM-ZEYURN and other GMS WHO HELP THIEVES 01/29/2008 07:59 AM CST
Just want to throw in my thanks too. I am a young thief but this change is still awesome even at my levels. I love all the choices and versatility. Great stuff.
Re: THANK YOU GM-ZEYURN and other GMS WHO HELP THIEVES 01/30/2008 11:08 AM CST
After being away for about two years....this is definitely an exciting time to be back. I'm really happy that the thief guild got someone that really seems to care about making the thief guild exciting again. I love the new changes and can't wait to see some new releases from Z! Great job.