Goodbye 01/18/2003 11:57 PM CST
Last night was the straw that broke the camels back.

What is so damn hard to understand from this?

News 5 15.

1) The Present - There are multiple activities that count as "implied consent to PvP": If the "victim" was =repeatedly= (repeatedly being a key word) slapping/kicking/biting the attacker or any other form of assault (even non-wounding types), stealing from them, provoking them by calling them names, making threats, etc., then it's a situation that a GameMaster will NOT get involved with.

We generally advise people who chose to participate in activities that involve the theft of items from other players that they should expect that there is not only going to be retribution from the victim, but also potential problems with the general population of the Realms.

News 5 24

Any statement, emote or action used in a negative manner against another player has the potential to be considered consent - especially when it is deliberately used to goad the target into a physical encounter. There should be evidence of provocation strong enough to warrant a reasonable person to respond in a negative manner. A single taunt, slap, kick, etc., alone may not be sufficient. However, if a player is repeatedly and openly insulting another player, or kicking, punching, slapping, etc. -- then that person is operating under implied consent.

In other words, if their target gets tired of the abuse and chooses to react in a more physical manner, they have the ability to do so. If the abuser has been reasonably warned to cease their behavior, and they continue with said actions, then they are giving their target consent. "Hit me again and I will kill you." Abuser does it again, bingo -- he just consented. Interpretation: Don't write checks your player won't cash. Do not expect staff intervention in situations that you have provoked, exacerbated or kept deliberately ongoing. You will be expected to deal with the repercussions of your actions.

After being repeatedly insulted, killing the person and then being repeatedly insulted again using terms of JERK, WHIMP, SISSY, (and another i really cant remember), my character obvisouly is not going to buy the person dinner and kiss them lots. (btw, the person repeatedly insulting me was trying to walk someone else, which of course was fine according to this person who was judge of the affairs)

Unfortunetly the person in the judgement seat thought I should give them a slap or the wrist and a big hug or something stupid like that. After clearly stating what happened and policy (yes, I got reported repeatedly), I was going to get locked out for 48hrs, but they changed thier minds to 24hrs.

So, do NOT roleplay, do NOT pass go, go STRAIGHT to 'jail' (lockout), for OBEYING laws WE set.

how can one play a RPG when you are not allowed to RP, even when you are RP'ing under the guidelines

Yes, as stated above, this is the proverbial straw that broke the camels back ..
Re: Goodbye 01/19/2003 12:06 AM CST
Bleh, don't go ya goober.

The GM was clearly wrong.

This was the same GM who said using Nissa's Binding was mechanics abuse.

Think about it, write to feedback, get it taken care of.
Re: Goodbye 01/19/2003 12:55 AM CST
Laros,

Damn kid. Stick around still got people around that want ya to stay.
Re: Goodbye 01/19/2003 03:45 AM CST

I mean come on! Who else am I going to get to chase me around the Crossings and scare the stuffings out of me because no matter where I go, there they are!

~Fillia
Re: Goodbye 01/19/2003 05:41 AM CST
feedback.

X
Re: Goodbye 01/19/2003 07:02 AM CST
feedback ... harumf!

a little known Thief
Re: Goodbye 01/19/2003 09:33 AM CST
Thats pretty lame on the GMs part. I agree, feedback. If your gonna leave, at least leave for something that isn't a subjective thing. GM made a mistake. Should it have been made? Hell no. But whatever.

-Greg
Re: Goodbye 01/19/2003 09:37 AM CST
Oh, it must be Christmas again.....
Re: Goodbye 01/19/2003 10:59 AM CST
That person was baiting people all night. They're the one who should be locked out.
Re: Goodbye 01/19/2003 03:33 PM CST
Re-adjusted.

>(btw, the person repeatedly insulting me was trying to walk someone else, which of course was fine according to this person who was judge of the affairs)

Just to clarify,

The person in question was told that he could repeatedly kill the person i was standing up for, and to keep it IC, even though there was no basis for attacking the person i was standing up for in the first place except for the *i'm going to get my 'big brother' to walk you* syndrome.

Where as this repeated killing in attempts to walk a character is apparently not harresment.

And repeatedly insulting someone is not harresment.

Stabbing someone (once) for repeatedly insulting you, AFTER you've warned them they'll die if they continue, IS harresment. Let me be clear on what I consider insulting to call my character.

You say, "please, be certain of the insults of JERK, WHIMP, and SISSY,"

You ask, "are these insults or not?"

XXXXXX says, "And I told you, no."

Parrently, several people in the position to do anything were watching, yet deemed these not insulting, and god forebid me actually RP'ing that my character does not take kindly to being insulted repeatedly even after warning them to stop.

Basically, I saw black and white with what Policy says (my above post), I acted to what policy said. I was accused of breaking policy and harrasing someone.

Whilst the person in question was given leave to repeatedly attack somone in attempts to walk them, and given leave to repeatedly insult my character.

You say, "nuther words, people call me pansy ass wussy sissy boy jerk face. I cant do crap bout it"

XXXXXX says, "You cannot kill them, no."

You say, "ohh..my characters a fluffy love bunny aint he"

XXXXXX says, "You backstabbed him"

You laugh!

You say, "yes..thats what i do"

You say, "next time i'll buy him dinner and give him kisses"

You say, "if i call you a jerk and a sissy and a whimp"

XXXXX says, "Laros... 24 hours for your unconsent against XXXXX."

You say, "your past character may buy em flowes"

You say, "my character stabs em"

You feel yourself being pulled away...
Re: Goodbye 01/19/2003 03:56 PM CST
Just like to make clear aswell, it isnt just this recent situation with disheartened me as much as I am, but various things, using the term 'this is the straw that broke the camels back' quite suitably sums in up. (I had just perfected a new recipe aswell, uber poison that stays as good as when first applied for 1.5+hrs once applied on weapons, smile)

Here, read below, (btw Springera account holder, I will be warning people how you abuse characters before I leave).

The main reason I came back to DR after leaving just before the web move, was to find a friend, a good friend, who I had made from DR on AOL days. I found many, many, reasons to stick around aswell as that though, thanks to the friends i've made throughout my time in DR. I dug up these old poems, the first I wrote for Rhillara back in the day, the second I wrote years later, a while after she had left DR herself. I felt they were somehow appropiate as to how I felt and feel about DR and about leaving.

When we Meet -

Wind whistles ever so sweetly
And under boughs of green we meet,
As I walk to our garden of peace
Of you I've dreamt all week.

Seeing you for the first,
In my heart your love i thirst
Stepping closer, hearing your words
Stepping nearer, feeling your warmth.

Blossom falls all around us
It's falling down, as I hold your hand
Wind blows sweetly between us
As my palm closes upon your hip.

Gentle sun shines upon us
As I pull you gently near,
I feel the golden rays warm my love
As you feel my words upon your ears.

Saying of a dream comet rue
Telling of another realm
Holding your body tight to mine
I look once more upon your face.

Touching your lips with my finger
I gently silence your every word,
And tenderly my lips meet yours;
Heaven smiles brightly upon us,
As at last I kiss like this ...

This following one was written three/four years later ..

Cross your legs, close your eyes
My thoughts are taking a stroll
Down through memory lane
Going back to when I felt whole,

Come walk with me where we used to be
Hear my voice and see me here
In our garden, our area of play,

It's silent now, when I look back over the fence
No more flowers, winter has come
And leaves cover the floor in a lonely embrace
Can you hear my sigh, regretting what was done,

I'll visit, every spring, in the warmth,
Back to our garden, back then,
Can you hear me whisper your name
Can you feel my tears touch our joy
I know it won't eevr be the same
But I can still remember the da
When 'I love you' was all you needed to say,

~~Laros

@~}

Re: Goodbye 01/19/2003 04:51 PM CST
Here, read below, (btw Springera account holder, I will be warning people how you abuse characters before I leave).

As usual, you are off base Monsieur. I have had no contact with you in ages and have preferred it that way. I've just heard you say many times you are leaving, as have I said it, and I really doubt you will do it.

I pretty much keep to myself so you can make accusations of abuse all day if it helps to feed your persection complex.

::tips her hat and says adieu::
Re: Goodbye 01/19/2003 05:23 PM CST
Ya know...Cadderly just got locked out and is leaving the game for it too. Who did Laros kill? I'll slaughter that bastard, too...Just like I gonna masacre the imp that Cadderly killed. Let 'em lock me out. Don't give a damn. So someone tell me who it was.
Re: Goodbye 01/19/2003 05:26 PM CST
>>::tips her hat and says adieu::

Yeap...Someone tell me who that is and I'll kill their ass too.

Sick of good people leaving due to pissants throwing fits.
Re: Goodbye 01/20/2003 04:43 AM CST
Allarsk
Followup in Goodbyes 11/17/2004 09:47 PM CST
Figure I would come here and put in my goodbye to my favorite guild in the game. There is a few people that I had helped over the years and there is a lot of people who had helped me. I enjoyed my time as a Thief Mentor and I wish the Thief Mentors lots of luck. To the Gamemasters keep up the work for the guild. To the novice thief that has just joined the ranks of the guild. Work hard and make lots of friends with the guild by then you would not have very many enemies.

Matthew Lawson player of Cefwen Rolyry- Guild Enforcer

Anime is the devil ever since they put out Pokemon! Hey is that Cowboy Bebop that is such an awesome show.
Re: Followup in Goodbyes 11/18/2004 01:56 AM CST
Awwww! I'll miss you.

~Fillia

"It's got that Catcher-in-the-Ryey- I-hate-the-world-and-the-world-hates-me-so-let's-commit-suicide ambience."
Goodbye Shariannel 11/29/2007 08:13 PM CST
She is gone and replaced by some rich newbie prolly

Youl'l be missed shari! :(

Running out of thieves I actually know

Don't fear the dark, Fear what hides in it.
Re: Goodbye Shariannel 12/03/2007 03:22 AM CST
Does noone read this folder anymore? lol

I have a hard time believing im the only one who knew shari

Re: Goodbye Shariannel 12/03/2007 08:43 AM CST
Hm. Ive been playing thieves for years and don't ever remember seeing that name.
Re: Goodbye Shariannel 12/03/2007 03:46 PM CST
<<Hm. Ive been playing thieves for years and don't ever remember seeing that name.

I bet there is a few that you don't know are thieves that are disguised really well ;)

Drevid

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.

Venic smiles as he sticks his copper bead in one nostril, covers the other one, and exhales forcefully, shooting the bead directly at Drevid!
Re: Goodbye Shariannel 12/03/2007 05:59 PM CST
i have seen the name. but in all fairness, being that we have to train what we have to train, not seeing someones name up on the wanted boards on occasion in this guild is extremely rare, particularly if that someone has been around a long while.

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: Goodbye Shariannel 12/10/2007 02:54 AM CST
She lived in rossmans most the time and was 105th circle, you should of heard of her lol

Oh well, least I did and good luck with life shari :(

Re: Goodbye Shariannel 12/21/2007 01:35 AM CST
I just saw her recently in Ratha! What's goin on she leavin? First time meeting her but she was alot of fun. Oh well can't hate, life calls sometimes, hence my 7 year break! Good luck shariannel!

Who has the greatest power? The two Warlords killing each other or the one waiting in the shadows to collect the spoils of war?
Re: Goodbye Shariannel 12/21/2007 06:03 AM CST
yeah, i've seen her off and on by rossmans, in unyns, etc. no idea what's going on.

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: Goodbye Shariannel 01/02/2008 02:42 PM CST
Well that sure is a shame, sorry to see yah go Shariannel.
Seems I'm losing more and more of the late night folks!

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: Goodbye Shariannel 01/05/2008 01:35 PM CST
You see her around cause her character still exists, she sold it tho, my goodbye was to the original one :(