Bumping the Silence/Vanish grapple issue. Its bug effect can be detrimental to gameplay and open for mech abuse 07/01/2019 08:21 AM CDT
So this has been bugged for some time and still no change.

Yesterday I was grappled and I "khri vanished" and got away. I ran from Leth to crossing.

Vanished dropped about the time I got to crossing

>>Your control over the limited subversion of reality falters, and you once again become vulnerable to viewing.

I walked over to the war mage guild and had neither Vanish or Silence active. (I started vanish again after I had started Silence, so Vanish WAS NOT active when the spamming started)

Then someone joined me (unrelated to anything that was going on) so I put up Silence and then the spamming started up as the log below will show.

Ive bugged this a few times in game now.

Vanish is way to important to be to be having issues with it. And as you can see, this kind of bug can be detrimental to the gameplay. What if I was attacked again when I popped silence?

Getting grappled:

Totenus grabs hold of you in a tight grip. You grip back.
[You're bruised, solidly balanced with no advantage.]
>

>
> khri start vanish

>
Tapping into the well of mental power within, you focus on a world without your presence in it. Through determined concentration, you achieve a limited subversion of reality, becoming unseen and removed from danger.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

IR>
Totenus kneels down.

Totenus stands up.

I> up
You wander up.

[Gallows Tree, Town Warden's Office]
This room is chiseled out of the base of the old Gallows Tree, where hangings and drawing and quartering used to be regular features in the more tyrannical days of the Elven empires. The Warden's Office nowadays shows that more peaceable tis a straight-backed rush chair before a long table. Atop the Warden's desk sit a pot of hot herb tea and a tray of Mithin's donuts.
You also see a wooden grid, a carved wooden display case and the Warden's desk with several things on it.
Obvious exits: down, out.

And then later at the WarMage guild:

Kingdok joins your group.

>

> khri start sil

>
Turning inwards, you find the still silent spot within you. Focusing on that point, you allow the silence to spread gently through your body and then out into the world, until you fade away from the world itself.
R>
R>
You're grappled and unable to focus on the silence within.
R>
Kingdok says, "Please drive me to the gorbesh place."
R>
>

>

whis kin not going sir

>
>
You whisper to Kingdok, "not going sir"
>
>

>
>
>
> ass

>
>
>
> khri start vanish

Tapping into the well of mental power within, you focus on a world without your presence in it. Through determined concentration, you achieve a limited subversion of reality, becoming unseen and removed from danger.

IR>
IR>
IR>
I> sea

>
You search around for a moment.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
You don't find anything of interest here.
R>
R>
Undeterred by being revealed, your strong focus on the manipulation of reality once more removes you from perception.

IR>
IR>
IR>
Kingdok searches around for a moment.
IR>

I> south
You wander south.

[Northeast Wilds, Grimsage Way]
Rising above the surrounding lands, the stone walls of Arhat's tower end in jagged edges that pierce the sky. The small path continues to the north, leading towards a larger tower of freshly-cut silvery-grey stone.
Obvious paths: north, southwest.

I> north

>
>
You wander north.

[Northeast Wilds, Grimsage Way]
An enormous tower of grey marble rises imposingly from the ground, its stones fitted so closely that it appears to be one seamless spear of earth. The top of the tower gleams brightly, the light reflecting from the panes of a skylight set into the roof. A set of gleaming ebonwood doors inlaid with gold lead into the tower.
You also see a crossbow bolt, a lazy and monstrously fat golden pig with some sensational lipka cotton wings dyed in shades of lavender on it, an azure sycamore tree, a compact journal filled with lined writing paper, a scruffy bear that is sitting, some braided grass, a bucket of viscous gloop and some junk.
Also here: Triage Strategist Veneri, Telo'Getha Kzin who is sitting, Apprentice Trader Kingdok, Electrocaster Elucidator, Vlocke, Master Tramin and Empath Keirran who is sitting.
Obvious paths: south.

>
> >
Undeterred by being revealed, your strong focus on the manipulation of reality once more removes you from perception.

I> I>
I>

>

I>
Kingdok says, "Someone sneaky was here."
I>
I>

>

I>
I>
I>
I>
I>
Kingdok scans the area briefly.
I>

> 'still is i think
You say, "Still is i think."
>

Kingdok says, "Nah I don't think so."
I>
I>
I>

>
>

I> ass

I>

>

I>
I> disband
Defaulting to GROUP disband. Type DISBAND HELP for more info.
There was no one to disband.
I>

>
>
>

>

I>
I>
I>
I>
I>

>

I>

>
> south
southwest
west
>
>
You wander south.

Rifkinn
Re: Bumping the Silence/Vanish grapple issue. Its bug effect can be detrimental to gameplay and open for mech abuse 07/02/2019 12:22 PM CDT
I spoke with GMs about this, and this is not working as intended. They are investigating it, but I can't say when it will be resolved.

Helje
DragonRealms Senior Board Moderator
Re: Bumping the Silence/Vanish grapple issue. Its bug effect can be detrimental to gameplay and open for mech abuse 07/02/2019 11:51 PM CDT

Thanks for the reply.

Just so you guys can track this.....

It happened again, where silence would not pulse back into Inviso

>You're grappled and unable to focus on the silence within.

I dropped all khri… and when I tried restarting silence it was still broken.

I tried logging back out and back in, plus assessing my stance.

I dropped all khri… and spoke with Ynami for just over 17 mins...[14:00] Ynami asks, "Hello Rifkinn, ….. [14:17] Ynami exclaims, "Take care!"

And when I tried starting "Silence" the bug was still there.... not going to inviso.

I could start "Vanish" and I would put me to inviso….

I dropped "vanish" tried starting "silence" and the bug was still active.

I started Vanish again... went to inviso… started silence and it was pulsing me "out of inviso… but then going back into inviso from the "vanish" pulse.

dropped vanish, tried silence by itself once more and the bug was still active.

By this point it was over 40 mins from the original "grapple/vanish"

Then around the 50 min mark Silence WOULD pulse again. ( give or take 5 - 7 mins on those times from the original grapple to the last activation of silence.

I hope all that info helps.

Rifkinn