Still with the Vanish issues. 12/28/2018 04:46 AM CST

So I'm still seeing some strange stuff with Vanish.
Also
I was grappled by someone, and I put Vanish up. So that should have put me back out of combat, but I was not going to inviso via silence. I dropped vanish after I activated it because I wanted to re-engage him, but Silence was trying to pulse and put me into inviso but I was still failing it, cause I was still grappled. Also you will see from the log, that silence was failing, but I was able to hide at one point.

The only thing I can think of... as to why Vanish didn't work... was because I dropped it to fast? befor it could pulse? maybe?

Anyway here is the basic of the log....

R> khri start sil
Turning inwards, you find the still silent spot within you. Focusing on that point, you allow the silence to spread gently through your body and then out into the world, until you fade away from the world itself.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
R>
You're grappled and unable to focus on the silence within.

>
> khri start van
Tapping into the well of mental power within, you focus on a world without your presence in it. Through determined concentration, you achieve a limited subversion of reality, becoming unseen and removed from danger.
IR>

> khri stop van
You attempt to relax your mind from some of its meditative states.
>
> hide
>
You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
HR> sea
H>
H>
You come out of hiding.
You search around for a moment.

Roundtime: 2 sec.
You don't find anything of interest here.

>
Totenus whispers, "you better follow up with Aaoskar, or he will use the book for something you really dont want to see"
>

>
>
Blessed of Katamba Ghust just arrived.
>
Marssi jumps back, looking startled!
>

> 'get out of town Filth
You say, "Get out of town Filth."
> retreat

>
I could not find what you were referring to.
You are unable to break Totenus's grip and can't retreat!
>
>
> khri start van
You have not recovered from your previous use of the Vanish meditation

The messageing of Vanish states that I did remove myself from engagements, but yet still I was in a grapple.

I know you have said that all this is wonky.... but this khri is extremely important.... especially in PvP. Be great if I can get an explanation, or it looked at.

Thanks buddy.

Rifkinn
Re: Still with the Vanish issues. 12/28/2018 02:14 PM CST
I think this is working as intended in the way disengagement mechanics do normally. You can't overcome Totenus' Brawling to break free, so even when you Vanish he's grappling you.

Just because you're suddenly invisible doesn't mean someone who has you locked in a grapple is going to automatically let go.

Unless realism is suddenly not a binding constraint in how NMU abilities work, in which case...
Re: Still with the Vanish issues. 12/28/2018 03:14 PM CST

The messaging says different, and its done it every other time.

Tapping into the well of mental power within, you focus on a world without your presence in it. Through determined concentration, you achieve a limited subversion of reality, becoming unseen and removed from danger.

It is my understanding that it does disengage you. That is how the khri is set up.

Rifkinn
Re: Still with the Vanish issues. 12/28/2018 04:43 PM CST
Grappling doesn't work with the normal disengagement mechanics, though.

You have to defeat the grapple first in order to disengage.
Re: Still with the Vanish issues. 12/29/2018 02:45 AM CST

Just to show you when another time when he has me grappled.

> shove tot
>
You shove at Totenus but his grip remains solid.
[You're battered, solidly balanced and in very strong position.]
R>
Maltris assumes a rigid stance, concentrating on something.

R> khri start van

>
>
A torrent of sizzling, bile-green acid sprays outward from Totenus!
You manage to get out of the way of the sizzling wave of acid.
"Burn him! Burn him!" You hear the cries echo around you as everyone in the vicinity immediately gives Totenus a wide berth!
>

IR> northwest
You wander northwest