Just wondering.... 10/25/2015 08:40 AM CDT
Where I sit in the "deaths" column.

I might be just a little thief now that im back after a 10 yr hiatus but im wonderin if this is a respectable number.. assuming for a moment that deaths are cool (heh)

Name: Shadow Prowler Dusk Bladeghost, Rogue of Elanthia Race: Prydaen Guild: Thief
You were born on the 20th day of the 10th month of Nissa the Maiden in the year of the Golden Panther, 345 years after the victory of Lanival the Redeemer.

Time Development Points: 39 Favors: 7 Deaths: 252 Departs: 0

"You can have anything the world offers, so long as you have the strength to take it, the skill to steal it or the nerve to kill for it."

Dusk, Chosen of Damaris
Re: Just wondering.... 10/25/2015 09:57 AM CDT
I don't know which I'm more astonished; your deaths or departs. At circle 52, I have 7 deaths, 6 departs.
Re: Just wondering.... 10/25/2015 10:16 AM CDT
I'm pretty sure that the last time he played departs weren't tracked. When they started tracking them it wasn't retro-active so it's going off of the time he's been back, which he hasn't departed since then.

As for the deaths, they are pretty close to my 150+ guy.
Re: Just wondering.... 10/25/2015 11:19 AM CDT
>Where I sit in the "deaths" column.
>Deaths: 252

About 3 bits short of a byte.
Re: Just wondering.... 10/25/2015 05:36 PM CDT
Not a Thief but:

Favors: 56 Deaths: 159 Departs: 103

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Just wondering.... 10/25/2015 08:42 PM CDT
Favors: 40 Deaths: 168 Departs: 20

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Just wondering.... 10/26/2015 12:04 PM CDT
My 168th barb in TF has 21 deaths. Almost all of them while I was controlling the character.
Re: Just wondering.... 10/28/2015 03:09 PM CDT
Holy crap.

Did something change with favors? I remember only needing 8-10 to be "safe". Now im seeing people with over 50? Is there something no one is telling me?

"You can have anything the world offers, so long as you have the strength to take it, the skill to steal it or the nerve to kill for it."

Dusk, Chosen of Damaris
Re: Just wondering.... 10/28/2015 03:37 PM CDT
Some people die a lot or want safety a lot or want a god-related title or etc.

Rule of favors: For your own benefit, get 1 favor for every 10 circles. 100th circle receives max benefits on rezz with 10 favors, etc. Double that if you want to help out a cleric who's spending their time rezzing you. Takes less mana with more favors on the corpse.
Re: Just wondering.... 10/28/2015 04:36 PM CDT

There are multiple benefits to having lots of favors. It's easier for younger clerics to resurrect you, you get more experience when ressed, and you have a better chance of keeping spell scrolls.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Post:Death_and_Taxes_-_04/21/2013_-_13:52
Re: Just wondering.... 10/28/2015 05:29 PM CDT
with 30 favors it would take my 50th cleric maybe 10 minutes to raise elec. With 40 it takes about 6. The more favors, the easier it is to find your soul.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Just wondering.... 10/28/2015 06:28 PM CDT
>Did something change with favors? I remember only needing 8-10 to be "safe". Now im seeing people with over 50? Is there something no one is telling me?

Not sure what you have been told since returning but depart did get an expansion.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Depart
Re: Just wondering.... 10/28/2015 08:43 PM CDT
A lot changed with depart and favors. The wiki link is your best bet, but just know it's no longer possible to walk, even with 0 favors.
Re: Just wondering.... 11/19/2015 07:53 PM CST
Based on my research, in order to be raised with the least amount of mana (50 mana as far as I can tell), you need approximately 1 favor for every 4-5 circles.
Re: Just wondering.... 11/20/2015 11:02 AM CST

Curious how much the skills of the cleric play into the equation.... I just got back about two months now, I can prep res at about 28 <I found out it needs to be higher than what your infusing> then infuse 25 at the time into it once it is up. It takes almost no time to raise really. in about a minute to minute and half i can rejuv, bond and raise usually including my raise ritual. just curious about it the favor thing vs time it takes. And to dusk original point, i am bit high on deaths too.. Favors: 19 Deaths: 153 Departs: 2

The feeble old swamp shaman
Re: Just wondering.... 11/20/2015 06:29 PM CST
Cast the cyclic at the amount you're going to infuse. It's wasted mana maintaining it otherwise. Where did you hear it has to be higher than the infusion--what indicated that to be true? In my experience, I have the best attunement results just casting at what I infuse.
Re: Just wondering.... 11/21/2015 08:07 AM CST

> Cast the cyclic at the amount you're going to infuse. It's wasted mana maintaining it otherwise. Where did you hear it has to be higher than the infusion--what indicated that to be true? In my experience, I have the best attunement results just casting at what I infuse.

Seconding this. You might also want to watch your concentration. Low concentration may mean you can start a cyclic that you can't infuse.
Re: Just wondering.... 11/21/2015 09:00 AM CST
This is the thieves folder. No cyclic crap allowed. Unless thieves are getting cyclics. Then you are all doomed.

Monster Elec

Re: Just wondering.... 11/21/2015 09:01 AM CST
>>This is the thieves folder. No cyclic crap allowed. Unless thieves are getting cyclics. Then you are all doomed.

I like to think of all thief abilities as cyclics