Largest stealing fine? 03/29/2012 10:34 PM CDT
Mostly just wondering what the most someone's been fined is! A bit of a dubious distinction since it involves being caught stealing. I'm sure many have surpassed this, but I was a bit shocked at such a high fine

After a long deliberation, the judge finally says, "
, this court is not moved by your arguments, and finds you guilty of the charges brought against you. Your unwillingness to admit responsibility for your crimes shall weigh heavily upon you, Gnome."
After a weighty pause, the judge speaks, "
, you have been found guilty of thievery in the Principality of Zoluren. It is with a solemn hope that you will change your ways that I pronounce a fine upon you of 18836 coppers. If you cannot pay immediately, your things will be held until you can repay the debt to society that you owe. Failure to come up with the money within twelve days shall result in a forfeiture of your possessions, and their intrinsic value removed from your debt."
Re: Largest stealing fine? 03/29/2012 10:44 PM CDT
Heh. Doing multiple dashes does a line on the Simu-forward-thinking forums. Try all **s next time.

And isn't the fine a compound of how many times you're caught before getting grabbed, how often you're caught, your charisma (I assume?), and the value of the items you got caught grabbing?

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: Largest stealing fine? 03/30/2012 12:15 AM CDT
>And isn't the fine a compound of how many times you're caught before getting grabbed, how often you're caught, your charisma (I assume?), and the value of the items you got caught grabbing?

My personal theory is the fine is based almost wholly on what you're caught trying to steal. With possibly an amount subtracted based on a roll with your charisma. Whether pleading innocent works or not is definitely based on how much your fine would be and your criminal record compared to charisma.

In this case the fine was for about 20 times being caught stealing.
Re: Largest stealing fine? 03/30/2012 12:51 AM CDT
Some of my stealing fines in muspari have been up in the 18 plat range. But thats with a few charges stacked up. And probably a few on the latas up there which are 2 plat lir per sword.
Re: Largest stealing fine? 03/30/2012 08:25 AM CDT
yeah, i've had higher fines than that on both aesry and definately in muspar'i back before the stealing timer got put in.

<<Uzmam] "<chat>" "what you seem to not realize is that I'd love for Uzmam to be outed. That way she could have Divult finally apprentice her and I could learn those slips">>
Re: Largest stealing fine? 03/30/2012 09:45 AM CDT

Are we talking fines after the change or before?

Before the change I remember my first Muspari fine was like 64 plat. I remember some other thieves who's fines were over 150 plat. My 64 plat fine was for a ridiculous amount of times caught stealing back when Muspari was bugged and before Solomon booted us all out of it.