Responses and Updates 03/23/2009 10:03 AM CDT
Hey, guys --

Sorry for my lack of posting. Between being out of town, illness, and just plain busy with job search stuff, I've not been able to answer your questions in a timely manner. This is an attempt for me to catch up, so I apologize if it's coming late!

POISON ISSUES:

Dreamricti, nothing with the poison purging code has been touched in a very long time, so whatever issue you were having might have been a fluke, like you said. If you're still having trouble, lemme know, and I'll take a look at you in game.

Krugler, I don't have any plans to alter the poison making process at this time, mainly because it involves substances and the mech lore split, both of which are in limbo as far as rewrites go.

SZODRIN, I'm sorry to hear that you've been having so much trouble. I've tried to catch you in game when I've been in sporadically, but I haven't seen you, and I haven't been around much. The responses from the players in the Den have been fairly accurate. Building up resistance to poisons will eventually aid you when trying to purge, which might explain why it's not working super fast for you if you only recently got it. Regardless, I've set up an alert for myself to try and catch you in game so I can check your character to see if there's anything out of order. Again, I'm sorry for not being available, but I thank you for your patience.

AMBUSH ISSUES:

In general, the ambush maneuvers have been behaving oddly ever since acting on hidden was put in place.

NERDINSTINCTS, those ideas can certainly be considered when we reevaluate the ambushes. Unfortunately, I can't give a time line, but I'll add them to The List.

JMF90, it was answered in the Den, but the ability to use slash and/or stun with a weapon is very much dependent on the weapon's attributes. So, while it might be categorized as a blunt, it might have just enough slice or impact to be able to allow you to use it for the ambush maneuvers.

Ascot, your first two suggestions sound quite reasonable. After consulting with Zeyurn, the third sounds like it might be a bug with face mechanics. If you wouldn't mind submitting a BUG report in game if you haven't already, that'd be great. Glad you're enjoying the HUNT verb and stealth updates! I also asked Zeyurn about the Mer'Kresh justice issue, and he said that ideally, that issue should be fixed everywhere across the board. If you're still having trouble, feel free to post/BUG it to let us know.

Hope this helps a little bit. Again, sorry for the delay, but hopefully I'll be able to respond more speedily now.

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague