Pretend titles 07/23/2005 10:07 PM CDT
Just curious as to why we aren't able to pick any pretend guild only titles from their non-guild list. For example, let's say I pick moon mage as my pretend, I don't see any astrology titles open up for me. Are there any plans to change that so we can have a substitute skill for that or will it always stay like this?

Thanks,
~V
Pretend titles 11/05/2005 10:54 PM CST
First off Id like to say that this isnt a reply to the other post on our titles.

I was tryin to get a certain title from my pretend guild the other day and when I got the rank I THOUGHT I needed I noticed that I didn't in fact get the title.

Bard

Bard pretend titles substitute 125% Hiding Skill for the Music Theory requirements. Other requirements for Bard Titles, such as specific Instrument/Vocal Skill remain identical.

Moon Mage

Moon Mage Pretend Titles use 125% of Hiding for the Power Perception and 150% of Perception for the Astrology requirements. Charisma is used for spells.

Pretend Titles use 125% OF Hiding

Now I read this and thought, Multiply my Hiding by 125%. So If I have 225 Hiding I could get titles for 280 Musical Theory...
I assisted today and the Game Host told me that it in fact worked out, multiply the 280 MT needed by 125% meaning I'd need 350 hiding.

Someone Help me here Please
Pretend titles 05/16/2006 10:51 PM CDT
With the recent update to Titles can we now get the pretend guild titles finalized and permanent?

Can we also get the handshakes/dismantles/per health/per person/bard guild door announcement/everything else that outs a thief against their will /ect. fixed?

I know Palkin was taking notes at Vegas of what i mentioned outted the pretend guild system against the thieves' will.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Pretend titles 05/17/2006 08:24 PM CDT
>With the recent update to Titles can we now get the pretend guild titles finalized and permanent?

Mm, thought that was done with this last main release. Guild setting is still clearing?

>Can we also get the handshakes/dismantles/per health/per person/bard guild door announcement/everything else that outs a thief against their will /ect. fixed?

Looking at a few options with some of those, so will add that to my list to wrestle with. Question back at ya, dismantles? What part ya talking on that?

Shakahn

"You say to Alvy, "You, madam, are a peevish, rude-growing jolthead!"
>
Alvy says to you, "You, sir, are a lewd gnome-cruncher!"
>
Alvy laughs!
Re: Pretend titles 05/17/2006 08:40 PM CDT
answers for you Shak-man

<<Mm, thought that was done with this last main release. Guild setting is still clearing?>>

Maybe i'm special

>title pretend clear
You must CONFIRM to do this.
>title pretend clear confirm
Your pretend title and guild have been cleared.
>title pretend list
You need to choose a guild to pretend to be of first.
>title pretend choose warmage
You choose the Warrior Mage guild as your pretend profession.
>title pretend clear
You must CONFIRM to do this.
>title pretend clear confirm
Your pretend title and guild have been cleared.
>title pretend list
You need to choose a guild to pretend to be of first.
>title pretend choose warmage
You choose the Warrior Mage guild as your pretend profession.
>title pretend list
The following titles of the Warrior Mage (Warmage) -- Pretend category are available to you: Blah blah blah

<<Question back at ya, dismantles? What part ya talking on that?>>

we could use (before skill based titles) our pretend guild dismantles, right now we can't.

>disman my trunk fire
What precisely do you plan on firing at the driftwood trunk?

So can we look at getting at least what we had before skill based titles working (dismantles, handshakes)? the other stuff that outs thieves would be icing on the cake.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Pretend titles 05/17/2006 08:42 PM CDT
Will look into both those issues.

Shakahn

"You say to Alvy, "You, madam, are a peevish, rude-growing jolthead!"
>
Alvy says to you, "You, sir, are a lewd gnome-cruncher!"
>
Alvy laughs!
Re: Pretend titles 05/17/2006 08:51 PM CDT
>>Mm, thought that was done with this last main release. Guild setting is still clearing?<<

No.. it was told to us it was a bug. Because none of the dismantles, nor handshakes were working. And when those were fixed, it would be finalized. Please do not change it until those things get worked out.

Also.. we had been talking about changing up some of the percentages on the fake titles. There have been 4-5 threads that I can remember. Basically, what it comes down to, is that I feel percentages are a horrible method to deal with it. Let's review the old title system. Real guilds got titles at 4, 10, 20, 30, 50, 70, 90, etc. Our fake titles wer one step behind.. so 6 originally, 10, 20, 30, 50, 70 etc. So the gaps between the skills was fairly static. Now.. with the percentages you basically have to have 125% (on average) of the primary skills. So.. our titles come basically at 5, 12, 24, 37, 60, 87, 116, etc. You can see how this begins to scale badly out of whack at the higher end. Basically, it just needs reexamining. Is there any chance we could have a discussion on it with anyone that wants to fiddle with fake titles?
Pretend titles 06/04/2009 11:29 AM CDT
>>title post choose pretend xxxxx
You cannot choose a pretend title for a post title.

>>title post choose thief venom
You set your post title to Venom.

Is there any reason that I can choose my guild title as a post title and not a pretend guild title?

Is there any chance of this being changed/fixed?

Thanks.