Title 04/01/2005 09:42 PM CST
I would like to ask here if it is possible to get/earn a title <a personal one not skillbased.... well perhaps a skill + guild based title> and how i would go about doing it.

I really dont see why having titles are such a well guarded item.. Kraelyst likes to call himself the Hand.. why wouldnt he be able to have the end title of Kraelyst the Hand? If he got it first.. it should be allowed.

Anywho.. enough of my thoughts.. is there a channel to go through for this request?

Thanks.

"History is written by the victors."

~Dusk~
100, 125 Titles 06/13/2005 04:26 AM CDT
Hi Risek, will the new titles coming out tomorrow include
100, 125 and 150 circle based titles also?
Re: 100, 125 Titles 06/13/2005 10:56 AM CDT
>>Hi Risek, will the new titles coming out tomorrow include
>>100, 125 and 150 circle based titles also? <<

One of the main ideas of the skill based title system is to be exactly what its called - "skill based titles" - and not to be dependent upon your circle level.

All guilds do get a few circle based, as Obseden mentioned in his post.

** Initiate Thief - Circle 1
** Apprentice Thief - Circle 10
** Journeyman/woman Thief - Circle 20
** Thief - Circle 30 + Guild specific requirements
** Expert Thief - Circle 40
** Master Thief - Circle 60
** Grand Master Thief - Circle 80
** Legendary Thief - Circle 100
** ?????? Thief - Circle 150

GameMaster Risek
Thief Development
End User (verb): An act the Computer Support Staff wishes to carry out. (Known variant is "Disastrously End User" depending upon the magnitude of the stupidity.)
Disappearing Title 06/16/2005 07:39 PM CDT
My chosen guild is Bard..and my title is Dancer. Every time I enter the realms, Dancer is gone, replaced by Master Thief. I have to choose guild and title again. Is this usual?
Missing Title 06/16/2005 09:30 PM CDT
I have a situation where I had a very old title. I have noticed it is missing. Is there anyway I can get that old title back? And if so, what is the best way? A GM helped me in the past.

Thanks

Bantem the happy (hopefully) Bursar

"Show me a man with both feet firmly on the ground, and I'll show you a man who can't get his pants off."
Bard Titles 07/25/2005 05:18 PM CDT
This might have already been asked, and if so, please redirect me to the previous post.

For bard titles with a total music ranks requiremen the bards use their instrument types plus music theory. Do our reduced hiding ranks contribute to this the same way they contribute to normal music theory ranks, or do we just need even more instrument ranks to get those titles?
Re: Bard Titles 07/25/2005 09:53 PM CDT
>>For bard titles with a total music ranks requiremen the bards use their instrument types plus music theory. Do our reduced hiding ranks contribute to this the same way they contribute to normal music theory ranks, or do we just need even more instrument ranks to get those titles? <<

No, your hiding ranks will not count towards the music/instrument ranks required. There should be enough Bard titles to choose from even without training your music skills too much.

GameMaster Risek
Thief Development
End User (verb): An act the Computer Support Staff wishes to carry out. (Known variant is "Disastrously End User" depending upon the magnitude of the stupidity.)
Titles 09/28/2005 05:22 PM CDT
Since i pretty much stay mainly in this folder, can either of you GMs tell me where i would direct questions in regards to titles and aquiring specific titles that may or may not be guild specific?

Thanks.

"History is written by the victors."

~Dusk~
Re: Titles 09/29/2005 07:45 AM CDT
There's a title category in the DragonRealms II folder.

GameMaster Risek
Thief Development
Thief Pretend Titles 11/02/2005 02:09 PM CST
I was just curious how set in stone some of these numbers are for the pretend titles. For instance, for barbarian titles,

Barbarian Pretend Titles substitute 125% Backstab Skill for the Weapon requirement and 125% Weapon Skill for the Armor requirement. Charisma is substituted for Dance and Berserk related abilities.

They're 50th circle equivalent titles are 260 primary weapon and 190 armor. Now, assuming that we're supposed to be getting these titles around 70th circle, the numbers are quite a bit off.

At 70th circle we should have 250 in survivals 3-6. Our top two survivals are at 280. For the 50th circle titles, we'd need 325 backstab and 190 primary weapon. Well, the primary weapon number is pretty close, but the backstab requirement is much too high. Even if backstab was in our top two survivals, we would be circle 80 to have 330. More likely it would be in the next two survivals which would put it at 85th circle.

I'm using barb titles as an example, but there are some other reqs that seem to be a little off. I'm not very keen on the 125% hiding to mimic a rank of magic. Even trying to avoid the whole magic is easier to train argument, I think needing 275 hiding for titles as easy as Ascendant and Novus is a little hard (My moon mage has them at 25th circle, hardly trying).

I don't think it's ALL the fault of our equations. Most of the guilds lack a lot of good filler titles for 100-200 rank gaps. It's just sad getting one barb title at 40th circle, and looking at having to get to 85th just to get another one. But I think we could get a little closer if we tried.

-Wighten
Re: Thief Pretend Titles 11/03/2005 09:54 PM CST
Aren't percentage calcs the main reason DR becomes increasingly inequitable as one progresses?
My Title 06/05/2006 01:38 PM CDT
Hello! A loooooonnnng time ago I had a fake title (Bursar). The title was then removed from the system, but I was told that as long as I didn't change any of my pre titles (thief or otherwise), I could always wear the Bursar title. Then came the newest bunch of titles and i lost my Bursar title. I spoke with Risek and he said he was going to see what he could do for me. I have been away from the game for a bit, finally got caught up on the boards and know that Risek will no longer be able to look into it. Who should I talk to about this? Thank you!

"Show me a man with both feet firmly on the ground, and I'll show you a man who can't get his pants off."
Fake Barbarian Titles 07/02/2006 06:32 PM CDT
Hello,
Per GM Iayn, I was told to post in this folder after assisting in game in hopes that GM Obseden or any other GM can help me resolve this issue. As I stated in the Titles topic, since the recent influx of new barbarian titles, three of my titles have gone missing. Deathwind, Ironwoman, and Dragon Fighter, which are charisma based, have all disappeared. I would like to know two things, please:

1. Is this an error, and can it be fixed so I have my titles back?

2. Are there new requirements for these titles? If so, will we be given some clue as to what they are?

Thank you in advance.

-Pythea-

"This is a community. It's not just a game." - Ssra
Title 09/24/2006 08:19 AM CDT
Hello! I took a little leave, but am back. Before I left, I lost a pretend title way back when Risek was still around. He was going to see about allowing me to keep it due to the age of the title (Bursar). I am wondering if I would be able to reclaim that title once again.

Thank you

B
New Titles...? 10/02/2006 06:57 PM CDT
How are those new titles coming along? I can't wait to get the title "Box-Poppin' Assassin"... :)

Happiness stems only from violence. - The Stock
It's like putting a band-aid on cancer. - Philip Anselmo
Assassin Title 01/07/2007 01:06 PM CST
Why does this title, and some of our more 'combat/violence' related titles have stealing requirements on them?
New Title Problem 01/25/2007 04:43 PM CST
My character has the title "Assassin Queen" and he's a guy. Perhaps that's supposed to be Assassin King? Otherwise the new titles are cool, thanks

-Slow
Re: New Title Problem 01/27/2007 05:43 PM CST
Ok folks,

You all know the rules.

Questions for the GM's, RESPONSES ONLY BY THE GM's.
Notice the folder title? Shows you where to respond.

Thanks

Shakahn

"You say to Alvy, "You, madam, are a peevish, rude-growing jolthead!"
>
Alvy says to you, "You, sir, are a lewd gnome-cruncher!"
>
Alvy laughs!
New Titles 02/08/2007 04:45 PM CST
It's been some time since they were implemented ....
Can we get some sort of update/answer as to why TF doesn't have em yet ?

Denz

Join Dragonrealms:The Fallen
And Play DR the way it was meant to be played

Customer service should never be considered an expense, It's an investment in the future
Titles 02/14/2007 08:27 PM CST
We finally got the new criminal titles in TF but the thief titles seem to be missing still.

Denz

Join Dragonrealms:The Fallen
And Play DR the way it was meant to be played

Customer service should never be considered an expense, It's an investment in the future
Fake Bard Titles 05/15/2007 10:43 PM CDT
Bards appear to have titles with enchante reqs now. Is charisma our substitution for that? If so, is it checking it properly? Just curious since I have titles on my 15th circle Bard that I don't have on my 70+ Thief.

~Minstrel Ascot, Song Weaver of M'riss
More on Fake Bard Titles 05/15/2007 11:10 PM CDT
I was wondering if it would be possible to substitute some other skill for the vocal instrument requirement for Bard titles. To gain vocals, you have to sing in front of a group, which, unless this singing is done in the Thief guild, will out a Thief using Bard titles as a non-Bard.

It seems sort of silly to have to out oneself as a non-Bard to use the titles that are supposed to help disguise a Thief as a Bard. I know one can turn the titles off to sing, but it's something my Bard-title-using Thief has always avoided doing, for obvious reasons.

Almost all of the Bard titles seem to require vocals, which chafes a bit.

It would be extra super cool if Bards could teach Thieves to sing like Bards, with a chance of detection, but I guess I shouldn't push my luck.

Thank you!
Re: More on Fake Bard Titles 05/15/2007 11:18 PM CDT
I believe there's some work in the Vocals direction but I'm not sure how much I'm at liberty to say.

-Z

(after showing off my latest creation)
Acanthor: You terrify me.
Fake Barb Titles 05/17/2007 03:10 AM CDT
I am still curious about the new tiered Barbarian titles and the pretend title requirements. I wonder if it's possible to receive some enlightenment.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=21&topic=29&message=617

That's my original post.

Thank you.

-Pythea-
Still Fake Barb Titles 05/21/2007 10:39 AM CDT
I will crosspost this in DRII titles folder in case you guys have nothing to do with it. Barb titles are either not registering for us correctly, or we are too in the dark about what they measure. Could you shed some light on this? For instance, the following reqs are posted on the play.net page.

Battle Eye
Must be able to Dance Badger

War Eye
Must be able to Dance Badger
At least 40 points in Discipline

I have the Battle Eye title, leading me to believe that I have met the requirements for the fake badger dance. I also have 40 discipline, but I do not have the War Eye title. Do we substitute stats at a higher percentage too now? Thanks
Titles 10/15/2007 04:57 AM CDT
Will we ever get to wear fake guild titles as post titles?
If not, why not?

-s-

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Impossible Titles 10/30/2007 09:44 AM CDT
Any word on these literally-impossible titles? Are there any plans to either 1. Change the requirements for them or 2. Release these requirements that do not currently exist? A little frustrating to have titles listed with requirements that do not exist.

Shadow Striker
At least 250 ranks in Hiding
At least 250 ranks in Stalking
At least 220 ranks in Highest Weapon
At least 325 ranks in Backstab
Must have Ambush Slash
*Must have Slip VII*

Shot Caller
*Must have Slip VII*
Must be able to Snipe
Must have Specific Thief-Only Ability
Re: Impossible Titles 10/31/2007 04:09 PM CDT
Would be great to have my simple question get answered.
Title Strangeness 03/07/2008 04:44 PM CST
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but it seemed as good as any, so here goes, two questions:

First off, I've set my pretend title to Bard and after reading the Thief title page on the Simu site see that: "Bard pretend titles substitute 125% Hiding Skill for the Music Theory requirements. Other requirements for Bard Titles, such as specific Instrument/Vocal Skill remain identical." As taken from the site it's self. With Hiding at 85 ranks and adding 125% that should equate to 106.25 in pretend ranks in Musical Lore as far as I can tell. However I only seem to have access to titles that require 60 or so ranks in Musical Lore. Is my math wrong (which is entirely possible) or am I reading/interperting it wrong and not taking into acount some secret numbers that are also a factor, or am I just simply broken?

Secondly, I notice some titles on the Bard page that I well meet the requirement for acording to the site. Example- Accompanist: At least 10 ranks in Vocal Instrument. Meanwhile I'm sitting on 49 ranks in Vocals and can't access it. Is this a Bard only title that Thieves don't have access to or again is there some factor I'm not taking into acount (I'm not asking for the specific factor(s) if so, just if there is in fact something else in play that we aren't supposed to know the specifics about) or am I just broken? I've noticed it's not just Pretend Bard titles but Thief titles as well, again taken from the Simu title page: Maverick: Must have Contact - Boltholes. I had that title at circle 3 and as far as I can tell I didn't have any sort of ability that meets those requirements (and still don't from what I can see).

Thanks in advance for any feedback on the matter.
Titles 12/28/2008 07:08 AM CST
you have put in all the slips - is it planned to fix the thief titles to reflect this? i notice i have all 7 slips and all voice throws, but i don't see shot caller or double-crossers in the thief titles available to me.
Re: Titles 12/28/2008 09:39 AM CST
I mentioned at the meeting that we'd like to get titles working again. So, while it's not considered first priority, it is on the list.

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague